Sign in to follow this  
Phantom51red

Hua hin/prachuap khiri khan/ao manao/pranburi...

Nice one mate 

Glad u over here that pic with the flag ffs looks like one of them crazy cunts on the buildings 🤣🤣

Edited by roomark
  • Haha 1

Cracking pics

Do you need a permit to use a drone in Thailand , insurance ?

Edited by Stillearly

8 hours ago, roomark said:

Nice one mate 

Glad u over here that pic with the flag ffs looks like one of them crazy cunts on the buildings 🤣🤣

lol ! about 10ft drop onto ledge behind,then about 800ft into the water 😁,keeping balance on the jagged rocks was more a concern,some views though,hope all is good mucker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Cracking pics

Do you need a permit to use a drone in Thailand , insurance ?

You need to register your drone if over 2kg and has a camera on it,it can take up to 7 months processing time[according to the guy in dji shop bkk] to be verified from 3 agencys as well as CAAT,you can do it online,the platform interface has a few problems... so i hear,other rules are stay under 300ft and 30 mt away from people/buidlings ect,but if you look online at drone videos in thailand,well it speaks for itself,cheers.

• Thumbs Up 1

A great addition to this forum iMHO. 

just a question phantom. How the hell did you get up there on that mountain ? am I right in thinking it's the big lump of rock where the monkeys live at the bottom ? 

As you know from another board ,ive been to Ao Manaou a couple of times and love the place. Great to see your photos again .

hawkey.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great pics as usual. Thanks for sharing. I know the area well, but thanks to your pics, I see some places I missed with every post.  I need to head down that way again sooner than later. 

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Aqualung said:

A great addition to this forum iMHO. 

just a question phantom. How the hell did you get up there on that mountain ? am I right in thinking it's the big lump of rock where the monkeys live at the bottom ? 

As you know from another board ,ive been to Ao Manaou a couple of times and love the place. Great to see your photos again .

hawkey.

Aqualung after the band ?

The mountain,500 steps take you a bit of the way up ,from then its a rocky steep path with ropes, about 200-300 ft from the top ye got to climb the sharp lava like rocks by fixed ropes,its worse coming down,you buy gloves at the bottom to stop rope burn where they pitch makeshift canopys and ye sign your name/disclaimer for climbing,apparently a fitness test too but i never got one,if i go again ill take my own gloves still burnt my hands a bit coming down,its only open on thai holidays for climbing by the way,the views are stunning ,thai army guys are posted at every hard climb section in case some get stuck , its worth it,its not easy tho,good to see ye in here too hawkey.

I just read this the other day  mate,interesting...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

id better add cha am to the heading ....first pics are from black mountain water park,across the road is the golf course,apparently 4th best in asia,havent a clue,but probably talking shite,they are building some nice new big houses,i drove through some of them would house a boat load of immigrants !

Its good to have the drone back after a week in getting fixed.. crashed into a tree at pranburi forest park,the sensors dont pick up thin branches,well now i know.

DJI_0512.thumb.jpg.5950ded2df1457ea2bfda1fa348ff3a6.jpgDJI_0533.thumb.jpg.961dedc8c488b0d6a66c9ee3c3397e70.jpgDJI_0548.thumb.jpg.560abce209bb84d2e26742883c1da491.jpgDJI_0551.thumb.jpg.041c048d7d3569f0b04fc9c793e15ba6.jpgDJI_0559.thumb.jpg.11322b52d4276a90df60128d94d62c5b.jpgDJI_0567.thumb.jpg.175a89103e6fbb03218e7db1e0492d1e.jpgDJI_0568.thumb.jpg.0858f007cc2f7ee2646cadeed345e57e.jpgDJI_0571.thumb.jpg.d01959709588d02d3bdb5043084d1d51.jpgDJI_0572.thumb.jpg.d25971cd9dd577111f7f9a6e9797f629.jpgDJI_0576.thumb.jpg.dff0c855478557000df9656379e484a4.jpgDJI_0581.thumb.jpg.d1394b719673d0986e49bf874a0d5a98.jpgDJI_0585.thumb.jpg.df1fa1116a7cc13a9cb13638f664edc3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Wifey and I have been to that water park...great pics from the sky.

Looking forward in a few weeks to get back to Hua Hin. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Wifey and I have been to that water park...great pics from the sky.

Looking forward in a few weeks to get back to Hua Hin. 

Maybe see you there, Clint 😊

• Like 1

Great pics Phantom...drone photography? Is it time for me to invest? Perhaps I can "trail" my wife to see if when she tells me she is going to Homepro to buy lightbulbs, she actually goes around to the other side of the block here...................and is banging this buffed, 45 year old guy from Bondi Beach Australia? LOL! 

Like the pics of the former kings......a few I took from the ground level back in 2013.

I see they do not have King Bhumbidol up yet? 

DSCN9939.JPG

DSCN9944.JPG

DSCN9946.JPG

DSCN9947.JPG

DSCN9948.JPG

DSCN9941.JPG

Edited by Yessongs
  • Like 4

Yes ys i bought a mavic air for a different perspective,,fpv on your chosen device,amazing the technology inside it,first tho i bought a cheaper one to learn with,this was good advice as you will crash,and crash i did,it now need a new prop motor but i aint bothered about repairing it,just use the air now,its great and addictive,ive been making small movie clips and once i get them all edited running smoothly together il hopefully get it posted.

Nice pictures btw,cheers ys.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Nice shots mate !  Really shows what you can do with a drone !

4 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Nice shots mate !  Really shows what you can do with a drone !

Cheers ts,yes its pretty cool and just slightly bigger than a phone,easy to throw in backpack,under motobike seat ect,youtube doesnt handle 4k so using 1080p from now which is good enough,looks great on a big screen tho.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this