Cash - On the way out.

john luke

6 hours ago, john luke said:

That only applies to bank cards issued by a bank or institution which is based outside Thailand.

Thai bank account plus Wise seems the most efficient way to obtain cash in Thailand.

Wise cards don't cost 220 Baht John ???? I have a Thai bank account too just not got the phone bit up and working yet.

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Wise cards don't cost 220 Baht John ???? I have a Thai bank account too just not got the phone bit up and working yet.

I have never used my Wise Card in Thailand but my understanding is that any card issued by an institution outside Thailand carries to 220 baht fee per transaction if used Jin an ATM machine.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 4:02 AM, boydeste said:

I always carry some cash because my favourite Kebab shop is cash only which in direct contrast the chippy is card only. lol

My mate pays using his watch and never carries cash.

Fucker get a kebab out of me most weekends. :default_1087:

Get him to pay for the beers on his watch and you pay for the kebabs 😎

Talking to a bar owner here, he has now installed cashless, QR code and credit / debit card. He would prefer people to pay cash, as they are more likely to leave a tip for the girls.

Unless the girls carry around personal QR codes with them, also hard to give them a personal tip.

Imaging in a gogo bar, trying to tip girls, hand out 100 baht or 20 baht "gifts" via QR code or card.

One thing came up yesterday while in a restaurant in Pattaya, a guys bill came to 109 baht. The computer connection was down, so he was asked to pay by cash. He had zero cash on him !

My thought at the time was, "who goes out with zero cash on them in Pattaya" ?

Maybe there are more places than I know of, that do QR codes or card payments as I have not been asking generally.

I will however start to pay in my local bars and restaurant with a QR code (direct from my bank transfer). I know it is traceable, the thing is, I have nothing to hide.