Cash - On the way out.

john luke

2 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Nothing worse than standing behind some +60 year old man who has to pay f.ex. 98. He stand there with a club of coins counting each and every coin.... "1, 2, oh this is a half, 2.50, 3.50 [...] 72.50, this coin looks so shiny maybe it is new, oh no it was minted in 1996, 73.50, oh how far did I get?, never mind I'll just start over, 1, 2, 3"... and then when he finally reaches 97 he realises he does not have 98, then scoops all the coins on the desk back into his pocket. Finds his wallet graps a 50 note, places it on the desk, then his hand goes back into pocket and he starts over from 50 with the coins..... 

It is such instances that you really wish to smash this mans head with a 1 litre block of icecream. But sadly the ice has melted while waiting....

The joys of cash.

a typically Germanic response...have a little courtesy for the old and befuddled, amongst  which this little Englander identifies

I’m not sure that any of us will have a choice to not go cashless in the future. 

Most, if not all employers now pay directly into employees bank accounts, so in order to get cash we have to go into our local branch or an ATM. 

Banks have been on a real mission to close more and more branches and replacing them with ATM’s. Now, some ATM providers are even cutting the number of free to use machines, due to the fees they get being halved.  More and more people bank online and have no need to ever go into a bank, other than to set up their account, now you can even do that online. 

I’m happy to use my Debit touch card for small purchases and I use PayPal for online purchases, because that’s the only way I can buy online. It’s rare I use cash these days and I don’t miss it. The wife has a CC for purchases online or for anything over £100, but that’s because if the product is faulty or doesn’t arrive, the CC Company is liable and has to repay you in most cases. 

Plus, I hate those fecking new plastic notes. 😡

last time went to get some cash from an ATM was a few months ago ( £200 ) and I would still have most of it if I hadn't paid a carpenter friend cash for a small job they did last week ... even going to the pub I pay by card for my round , it's just easier and you don't end up with pockets full of shrapnel ... I do like having cash on me , just in case ...

Edited by Stillearly

47 minutes ago, john luke said:

No one has overstepped the line yet on this thread, however some posts are getting very close to the said line.  

Please gents 'be careful here'.

How to stay inbounds.

27 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Living dangerously on the edge is the spice of life.....😁😁😁

Oops 🤗 at my age I should say "was"...

OK, back to 💰💰 vs 💳💳

I'll hold my horse...

Your acquaintance is duly noted.

4 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

a typically Germanic response...have a little courtesy for the old and befuddled, amongst  which this little Englander identifies

Yes and I have only noticed this activity with women, never noticed a man like this. Then again not noticed many old women lately acting like this, maybe they are ahead of the game with their shiny new cards.