Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Thats a beast,Is there anywhere they can dock near phucket do you know ?

There were quite a few large tourist type boats turned up at the same time. They were docking at the new recently made pier. Not sure if they were bringing people to shore from the ship or not.

There is a large Marina not far from Patong, whether a ship of that size can dock, I don't know.

20221030_142332.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

There were quite a few large tourist type boats turned up at the same time. They were docking at the new recently made pier. Not sure if they were bringing people to shore from the ship or not.

There is a large Marina not far from Patong, whether a ship of that size can dock, I don't know.

20221030_142332.jpg

Looks like they ferry the passengers to the pier on smaller boats. Here's an article on the ships arrival on the 24th.

First cruise ship in three years docks in Phuket today

The first cruise ship to arrive in Thailand in three years docked at the Patong pier in Phuket today (Monday), to allow about 800 passengers to come ashore for a one-day sightseeing excusion.

Phuket Governor Narong Woonsiew and head of the Phuket office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), Nanthasiri Ronnasiri, boarded the ship, Spectrum of the Sea, to welcome the passengers.

The ship, which had arrived from Singapore, is carrying over4,500 passengers of 55 nationalities, but most are from Singapore, Malaysia, India, the Philippines and Indonesia.

Nanthasiri said that this is the first cruise ship to arrive in Phuket after three years of COVID-19, adding that the arrival of cruise ships and yachts will help boost tourism in Phuket,as most of the passengers have high purchasing power.

In 2019, before the COVID-19 outbreak, 154 cruise ships, carrying 485,598 passengers, docked in Phuket.

668408FB-FF05-470C-A9F6-4343C3C8AA9D.jpeg

8EF8B043-D336-45C5-A356-378699EBDD91-600x337.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, john luke said:

0B0A2083.jpg

Can any Thai speaker assist with a translation?

Google Translate says the top line is "service is available" bottom line is "parking". Odd about thing about the Thai language is it takes the same number of characters to spell out three words compared to the one word "parking". 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, john luke said:

0B0A2200-Edit.jpg

Taken in Soi 6.  Have any members taken advantage of this offer.

Unfortunately I unable to get my leg over......... so a motorcye taxi is out of the question...

But it begs the question how far away does it pay for.....? In response I'd say as far as a punter is willing to ride on the back of one with fully laden testicles ...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back when Bronx Pizza was across the street from Kiss (2017?), I had a slice and walked back to my room at China Garden. I got back in the room and looked at my Facebook. Frank (on the left) had just posted that he was in Thailand and was heading out for a beer. I messaged him and found out he was in Pattaya, too. It turns out he was in Bronx Pizza eating dinner. I told him not to leave as I would be there shortly. I last saw him in 1985, so over 30 years and I get to the restaurant and see that he’s sitting in the same spot I had just vacated. What are the odds? 
He finished eating and we left for LK Metro and later, the Windmill.

694A31B0-84C5-4B4B-835C-E2345E04219A.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1