• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
eyes4thais

I may be come to Pattaya in Jan

On 9th Jan to 10th Feb Egypt Air are doing Bus class for £1175. I have never flown with them before and just wanted a head up if anyone had flown with them before.

1 minute ago, eyes4thais said:

On 9th Jan to 10th Feb Egypt Air are doing Bus class for £1175. I have never flown with them before and just wanted a head up if anyone had flown with them before.

I haven't.i would steer clear.

1 minute ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Airlines that dont serve alcohol should be avoided.

Not sure Egypt Air is a dry airline ?

But anyway, I would avoid them.

Yes a quick search and yes found this:

As an airline of another Islamic country, EgyptAir does not serve alcohol on its flights, but passengers passengers can transport alcohol, and those who bring their own alcohol on board will be permitted to drink it and will be served glasses, ice, and mixers by staff.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, eyes4thais said:

As an airline of another Islamic country, EgyptAir does not serve alcohol on its flights, but passengers passengers can transport alcohol, and those who bring their own alcohol on board will be permitted to drink it and will be served glasses, ice, and mixers by staff.

thats cool then... I'd actually check that with the airline though.

22 minutes ago, eyes4thais said:

So I guess they serve only Hallal food, no pork, etc..as well ?

Banned.

I flew with Egypt before and all was fine plus they do serve alcohol, both on board and in Cairo airport. 

3 minutes ago, Esco said:

I flew with Egypt before and all was fine plus they do serve alcohol, both on board and in Cairo airport. 

I was going to say same thing, although for me it has been many moons.

I think several airlines, including US based carriers do not have alcohol service when in certain countries air space, ie Saudi for example. I don't think Egypt is one of them. 

Cairo one of coolest cities I have ever been to. Planet Cairo was a fun project and the International Team had a blast partying in some great clubs after work.

Flew Egypt Air once (please note economy) and I thought they were awful but it is years ago.

Just a note (a silly note).

Whenever I hear about Egypt Air I think about the guy who flew his plane into the sea, why I don't know, just stuck with me.  Even when I was on Emirates Bangkok to Dubai recently the captain announced that his crew spoke 27 languages and that his co pilot today was Egyptian, I had a moment of shock and horror but I am here to tell the tale.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Haha 2

They are shit ..I flew from Johannesburg to Cairo with them no booze ...however this was back in 1998 and it was the old airport  which was a shithole ...things could have changed since then ..

Edited by Chokdeekap

10 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

Looks like once again we shall be there at the same time again, not many times we dont bump in to each other, I fly on the 14th Jan, just a quickie for 9 nights.

10 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

Sorted

• Haha 1

Its a flight bud, just grab it if you are satisfied with the price, I never worry to much who its with, just price, first time in years I am not going direct, on Oman Air, 2 hour stop overs, £380, couldnt refuse it.

1 minute ago, Baldylocks said:

Its a flight bud, just grab it if you are satisfied with the price, I never worry to much who its with, just price, first time in years I am not going direct, on Oman Air, 2 hour stop overs, £380, couldnt refuse it.

Good deal, my mate Andy flies on them a lot and says they offer a good service.  Like you though he looks for a bargain and has recently used China Southern. I think they have a 9 hour lay over in one direction via Guangzhou, that would be too much for me.

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

Good deal, my mate Andy flies on them a lot and says they offer a good service.  Like you though he looks for a bargain and has recently used China Southern. I think they have a 9 hour lay over in one direction via Guangzhou, that would be too much for me.

I also have a max of 3 hours stop over on my filters when I,m checking, best wishes Dave to you and your family for Christmas, next year altogether in the UK.

3 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

I also have a max of 3 hours stop over on my filters when I,m checking, best wishes Dave to you and your family for Christmas, next year altogether in the UK.

Same back to you, never another year to be had apart.............

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this