Soi Pothole

dcfc2007

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Maybe they should just google to learn how to do ? And install a proper drainage first....

https://www.vaasphalt.org/pavement-guide/pavement-design-by-use/residential-street-design/

images.jpeg-2.jpg

images.jpeg-3.jpg

drainage-table2.png

But hey "Thailand not same, you not understand" ....

And Thais know EVERYTHING better....

When you live here long enough ... you understand ... Thai "ways" are mostly the ONLY way here ... they believe what they believe .. do what they want to do .. so you ignore it and just get on down the road .... really, what impact does it have on your life ...  none ... as far as I am concerned .........

There is NO reason to bitch, moan and complain on things you have absolutely zero chance to change ....

Really, what the f**k difference difference does it make that the Soi floods out and has numerous potholes ..... zero, nada, nothing in my book ... if it bothers one so much then just avoid it ... think good thoughts and keep on trucking ....

Plus, if it really fucking bothered the Thai's they would fix ... come on .. their attitude to most things is mai pen rai ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Maybe they should just google to learn how to do ? And install a proper drainage first....

https://www.vaasphalt.org/pavement-guide/pavement-design-by-use/residential-street-design/

images.jpeg-2.jpg

images.jpeg-3.jpg

drainage-table2.png

But hey "Thailand not same, you not understand" ....

And Thais know EVERYTHING better....

Just been on a resurface job for local council here in planet Perth. It has been upsetting the locals with disruptions for the last 2 months. It does not come close to that standard. It looks pretty now, but I am sure we will be back in the not so distant future.

7 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Just been on a resurface job for local council here in planet Perth. It has been upsetting the locals with disruptions for the last 2 months. It does not come close to that standard. It looks pretty now, but I am sure we will be back in the not so distant future.

I don't know .. honestly,  I don't ... but, how hard can it be to build a road and then perform some maintenance 1 time every 10 years or so ... I don't understand ...  

What is it .. the materials they use ... lousy builders .. a combination of both ... what?  

18 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

When you live here long enough ... you understand ... Thai "ways" are mostly the ONLY way here ... they believe what they believe .. do what they want to do .. so you ignore it and just get on down the road .... really, what impact does it have on your life ...  none ... as far as I am concerned .........

There is NO reason to bitch, moan and complain on things you have absolutely zero chance to change ....

Really, what the f**k difference difference does it make that the Soi floods out and has numerous potholes ..... zero, nada, nothing in my book ... if it bothers one so much then just avoid it ... think good thoughts and keep on trucking ....

Plus, if it really fucking bothered the Thai's they would fix ... come on .. their attitude to most things is mai pen rai ....

Same can be said about posts that bitch, moan and complain about other posts, that you have absolutely zero chance to change... :default_cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, KWA said:

Who said it was going to make it any better?  Can't posters talk and moan about things on line they same as they would do face to face?

Yes absolutely.   That's what forums are for - to talk about what we see whether  good or bad.     Ignore those who try to stifle discussion - that makes no sense as no one is forced to read every thread -- but there always folks like that on these forums.

I avoided this soi as it felt like I was doing motocross on my motorbike just driving down it.     After the repaving it became useful again.   I'll be watching to see at what point it becomes unusable again.

Here's a series of pics I snapped of the WIP. When you look at the lack of surface prep, it's no surprise Soi Pothole is living up to its name.

25 Dec they start digging out the old surface.
2018-12-25.jpg

27 Dec the surface removal is complete. And then it stayed in that condition for almost a month.2018-12-27.jpg

24 Jan they finally start laying down the new surface starting from the 3rd Rd end.
2019-01-24.jpg

27 Jan they finish off the last bit in front of the Triangle Bar. No attempt was made to sweep the road surface clean, they just put the asphalt down over whatever garbage had accumulated.
2019-01-27.jpg

12 Days later, 8 Feb, the first pothole appears.
2019-02-08.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I’ll bitch or moan on any feckin issue I please and take no feckin notice of you. 

Just what gives you the right to preach to me or anyone. You don’t agree with my views then tough, move on. 👌

I had a ride down the Soi Yesterday and its full of pot holes again.

I was riding my Kawasaki KLX 250 set up for off road and with of road tires.

I have been on better dirt tracks on the dark side 5555.

JDM

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Maybe they should just google to learn how to do ?

Who is "they"?

This is a privately owned soi where the owner doesn't care less and the local council has no responsibility.  I don't know about this resurfacing, but in the past businesses on the soi chipped in to get the work done.  Rented businesses aren't going to go to the expense required for a proper job when they could be out of there before getting the benefit back in more business.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

That's about all you seem to do around here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

6 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I don't know .. honestly,  I don't ... but, how hard can it be to build a road and then perform some maintenance 1 time every 10 years or so ... I don't understand ...  

What is it .. the materials they use ... lousy builders .. a combination of both ... what?  

Hang on CS! one minute your haranguing us for having an opinion on the poor state of the road, the next minute you’re posting “how hard can it be to build a road and then perform some maintenance etc”

At least be consistent on what you think on the subject under discussion, or maybe  wait until you’re sober before posting. 👌🤣

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I’ll bitch or moan on any feckin issue I please and take no feckin notice of you. 

Just what gives you the right to preach to me or anyone. You don’t agree with my views then tough, move on. 👌

Bitch and moan ... I am not stopping you or preaching to anyone ... for me it just gets old and I also have a right to say what I want as well ... pretty thin skin you have ....

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Hang on CS! one minute your haranguing us for having an opinion on the poor state of the road, the next minute you’re posting “how hard can it be to build a road and then perform some maintenance etc”

At least be consistent on what you think on the subject under discussion, or maybe  wait until you’re sober before posting. 👌🤣

Totally sober ... maybe you should go back and read what I said ...

A pretty valid question ... how hard can it be to build a fucking road that doesn't continually need repairs ?"

I wasn't haranguing anyone .. just stated what I thought ... it you took that as haranguing then that is your fault .....

The "gang up" crowd must be feasting now ! lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...