Soi Pothole

dcfc2007

2 hours ago, misteregg said:

We t down there today and no aign of any men in hard hats and high vis jackets .
I did think the Soi had a quiet charm. Enjoyed it and don’t agree that the lineups are that bad. Most bars had one or two nice ones in. Shall go again.

You can't be serious? Worst lineups I've ever seen in that street. Particularly the nighwish affiliated bars, Anny bar and blue bar. I posted pics on here one time. All the birds were 35+ plus, seriously overweight, I wouldn't i am incapable of writing a sentence without profanity them with harvey Weinstein's dick.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

You can't be serious? Worst lineups I've ever seen in that street. Particularly the nighwish affiliated bars, Anny bar and blue bar. I posted pics on here one time. All the birds were 35+ plus, seriously overweight, I wouldn't i am incapable of writing a sentence without profanity them with harvey Weinstein's dick.

Somebody changing the posts?

On 12/26/2018 at 11:34 PM, tommy dee said:

it was and   probably still is privately owned by the family that OWNS 90% of the soi buildings.

I'm not sure where I heard it, but I have in my head that it was owned by Toyota for some strange reason?

7 hours ago, KWA said:

I'm not sure where I heard it, but I have in my head that it was owned by Toyota for some strange reason?

You're right. or perhaps were right. Definitely owned by them in the early 2000's. About 2006 a lot of talk of them knocking the whole thing down and building a car showroom and service centre. I believe it eventually went up on Suhhumvit.

Just now, ArtyGraph said:

You're right. or perhaps were right. Definitely owned by them in the early 2000's. About 2006 a lot of talk of them knocking the whole thing down and building a car showroom and service centre. I believe it eventually went up on Suhhumvit.

Shame that didn't go ahead, the drainage issues probably put paid to the idea though.

• 3 months later...

Roadworks in Thailand were never intended to resolve problems, think of them more as "job creation" or "wealth accumulation" projects and you will better understand the process. I remember years ago an extra lane was added to Sukhumvit road south of Pattaya Thai. Riding my motorbike down there six months later was a challenge, full of bumps and potholes. 

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez guys, just get used to it .. no amount of bitching and complaining is going to make things any better .... nothing is perfect!

Who said it was going to make it any better?  Can't posters talk and moan about things on line they same as they would do face to face?

• Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez guys, just get used to it .. no amount of bitching and complaining is going to make things any better .... nothing is perfect!

Don’t expect it to be perfect, just last more than one month. Or are your expectations set so low that you accept the shite work they did on this Soi?

3 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Don’t expect it to be perfect, just last more than one month. Or are your expectations set so low that you accept the shite work they did on this Soi?

It is not my work - so, why should I bitch and moan ... it is what it is .. if you hate it so much don't walk down the Soi ...