Soi Pothole

dcfc2007

On 8/8/2022 at 10:26 AM, Jambo said:

"GRABaGRANNY" night at the Bamboo was the sort of thing you just had to do in Pattaya similar to a "SOAPY".  So much better alternatives on offer but one has to do it just to add a tick to the bucket list.

Is Bamboo still open?

If you couldn't pull in that place, may as well go home, unless of course one had penchant for the mature lady, or bar girl put out to pasture. 😁😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Is Bamboo still open?

If you couldn't pull in that place, may as well go home, unless of course one had penchant for the mature lady, or bar girl put out to pasture. 😁😁😁😁

closed I think, iirc Ndtvi did a small segment on it, or one of the vloggers did, but it was inconclusive as to whether it's reopening or not.

I went in a few times, in low season it would get busy with girls migrating from either PBG or Beach Rd. I'd only go as I liked the live band they had on. Some of the ladies were arguably beyond their best and not really to my personal taste, but by the same token it was always a decent crowd in there and I never saw any kind of trouble or stuff like that, it all seemed to be just a good, fun place, albeit smelling of piss a bit.

The restaurant across the road (one with the ducks hanging up in the window) was a cheap and decent place to get a bite to eat. I think @Evil Penevilmay have reviewed it a while ago.

12 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Is Bamboo still open?

Our resident photo journalist took a pic of the still closed Bamboo yesterday...

12 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Bamboo still there but not open.....

030.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Butch said:

closed I think, iirc Ndtvi did a small segment on it, or one of the vloggers did, but it was inconclusive as to whether it's reopening or not.

I went in a few times, in low season it would get busy with girls migrating from either PBG or Beach Rd. I'd only go as I liked the live band they had on. Some of the ladies were arguably beyond their best and not really to my personal taste, but by the same token it was always a decent crowd in there and I never saw any kind of trouble or stuff like that, it all seemed to be just a good, fun place, albeit smelling of piss a bit.

The restaurant across the road (one with the ducks hanging up in the window) was a cheap and decent place to get a bite to eat. I think @Evil Penevilmay have reviewed it a while ago.

Piss stink would put me off. Anywhere, especially cat piss. Just can't handle it.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Are they run on the same format as soi 6, or just your conventional bar?

Gotta admit, Soi Pothole has become a destination spot, with all the attention the usual vloggers have given it over the past few months. Even the one with the "boring" voice. I think I know who it was that others were talking about. The guy would make an excellent ASMR artist, as his very gentle tone would knock me out in under 20 minutes.

Seems there are several bars that have the same Soi 6 format, and all things considered, very reasonable with drink prices and bar fines. I'll definitely be taking a jaunt down that soi more than once when I get back.

Plus, always a nice pint of Guinness at Maggie Mays, which is a good enough reason to visit the soi on it's own!

Edited by Mr. Smooth
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

road surface never better or worse, the bars are cleaner, the massage gaffs still all along the road, some clean some filthy inside.  its a funny soi in as much as the new places are shiny clean, some of the older gafs are filthy to an extreme,  always ask, do you have AC as many dont 🙂

not thai i would know

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Long may the potholes live. IMHO, I like a little adversary as I stumble from drinking hole to drinking hole. Not every bar on the soi is to my liking, but there is enough diversity in the choices that there is bound to be something that suits everyone's favorite place to enjoy a drink, and more.

Looking at these pics, it looks like my beautiful Montreal roads have some competition……

A9155A7D-9E1C-4876-A2DD-3E9503B4BA9E.jpeg

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Enjoyed a few drinks in a couple of bars last night,think one just opened called beluda bar or something,manager lady was very nice💪,kinda hot in a milf way 😅,asked me to come along for the "grand opening" next thursday,balloon chasers a plenty no doubt.

Nothing wrong with the odd milf some of them are experienced at taking care

• Like 2

21 hours ago, boydeste said:

Are they run on the same format as soi 6, or just your conventional bar?

A lot of normal bars, single shop front, some double, some triple.

Some bars with rooms upstairs.

Some bars a bit more upmarket with Aircon and pool table (such as Dive Bar).

A variety.

Of course, if they ever do a permanent fix on the road, what is the betting they then put speed humps in 🤪

• Thanks 1

The massage shops & some other general businesses are finding rents getting out of their reach and are being replaced with more bars.

Same on Buahkow.

Edited by Zeb
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 11 months later...

Pothole has improved as a decent street in recent times. I ventured there for a few visits. Maggie Mays is decent, and I had a good time there, another bar which is n hassle and really good is the Dive Bar, it has 2 ex Airport Girls working there, both of whom migrated from Maggie Mays.

There's different types of bars on the street, Air con, open, Music with live bands (triangle), massages joints and LB bars, so something for everyone I guess. The surface wasn't as treacherous as it was pre covid, walking down there in sandals was just asking for a turned ankle with one misstep.

It's now a good afternoon drinking spot, I wanted to go to The Den, as I've heard good reports but since I read (Here I think, maybe it was @forcebwithu who mentioned it ) that the owner put pics of customers up on Facebook, I've been very reluctant to go in.

• Thumbs Up 4

13 hours ago, Butch said:

Pothole has improved as a decent street in recent times. I ventured there for a few visits. Maggie Mays is decent, and I had a good time there, another bar which is n hassle and really good is the Dive Bar, it has 2 ex Airport Girls working there, both of whom migrated from Maggie Mays.

There's different types of bars on the street, Air con, open, Music with live bands (triangle), massages joints and LB bars, so something for everyone I guess. The surface wasn't as treacherous as it was pre covid, walking down there in sandals was just asking for a turned ankle with one misstep.

It's now a good afternoon drinking spot, I wanted to go to The Den, as I've heard good reports but since I read (Here I think, maybe it was @forcebwithu who mentioned it ) that the owner put pics of customers up on Facebook, I've been very reluctant to go in.

I still have a warning up on the GC map and spreadshseet I maintain about the video incident with my group, and Adam's from Cherry Bar, but I haven't heard reports of repeat behavior on their part since then.

The Den did a remodel some months ago. I was in there as part of GC crawl after the remodel, and truth be told I couldn't remember noticing any improvements. I do remember our visit being on the boring side, but it was late afternoon so the ladies were still more interested in primping themselves than paying attention to customers. I can't remember any other reports over the last year that said, wow, they had a great time in there.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

I have been staying on Pothole for the past 4 nights. My room has been facing the street and has been quiet all hours, but yesterday I had to move room because my passport was delayed a day.

I ended up on "the back" facing soi excyte complex.. The room had the same PVC Double glazing as the front but the band kept me awake until 3am...Obviously a police owned bar to get away with playing that loud for that long!!

My advice to all... don't accept a cheap room on Pothole, at the back, facing Soi Excyte ...I'm f***d now with the lack of sleep and the walk home (And cleaning the rat maggot porridge up too) !!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 5