So have you thought long and hard

Krapow

About your new year's resolutions, and how long it will take until you break them?

Or you just say fcuk it, from past experience i'm not even going to try, it's a load of pish anyway?

Last year I decided to try and get on with everyone as best I could, stop doing or cut out anything I didn't enjoy in as much as I can, and generally stay away from shitfeasts online, IRL or whatever. 

And by and large I've pretty much stuck to that, I've cut out stuff I wasn't enjoying, not 'engaged' when before I would have, whether IRL or online. And kept on that theme with my name change on here when I was made aware of this forum. I've also just successfully did 6 days at home with the family with Police not called to the house once, which is a right result 😀

Edit - Had to edit my post as you're not allowed to say bad words, fcuk off with this PC pish!

Edited by Krapow

The one i make every year and fail within hours,take a long break from drinking.In an ideal world it would be a permanent one.

Though this year i have to as its taking a toll on my health and well being now.Both physically and mentally.Constantly feel 'ill' pretty much 24/7 but i can live with it,though not for much longer,plus the morning anxiety and depression gets worse now than its ever been,though that may be just down to being a member on here.😀

So yeah,sort my drinking out big time.You just can feel when things ain't right.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

The one i make every year and fail within hours,take a long break from drinking.In an ideal world it would be a permanent one.

Though this year i have to as its taking a toll on my health and well being now.Both physically and mentally.Constantly feel 'ill' pretty much 24/7 but i can live with it,though not for much longer,plus the morning anxiety and depression gets worse now than its ever been,though that may be just down to being a member on here.😀

So yeah,sort my drinking out big time.You just can feel when things ain't right.

You know yourself, and you yourself will change when you want to and are ready, or when the pain, mentally or physically, gets bad enough. 

No amount of cajoling or supporting someone to change something like that will work if they are not ready and don't want to. 

Good luck Gal, thought if you are really serious, and I mean REALLY SERIOUS, you'll not need luck, you'll do it.

Plenty of various types of support out there as well, should you choose to use it.

Don't be shy about dropping me a PM if you want ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

You know yourself, and you yourself will change when you want to and are ready, or when the pain, mentally or physically, gets bad enough. 

No amount of cajoling or supporting someone to change something like that will work if they are not ready and don't want to. 

Good luck Gal, thought if you are really serious, and I mean REALLY SERIOUS, you'll not need luck, you'll do it.

Plenty of various types of support out there as well, should you choose to use it.

Don't be shy about dropping me a PM if you want ...

Cheers mate.

I know when i have had a few days off the booze before how much better you feel in just that short time.Biggest problem for me is boredom with living alone.Got no one to support me so too easy to drink when i am bored.Plus with winter and crap weather i don't get out on the bike to keep me occupied.

But i am now feeling worse than i have ever done,even if i only have a few tins,just a constant nausea and just generally feeling shit.Should get checked out by a doctor in the new year to see if its not anything else,as i have never felt like this when i am not drinking half as much as i have done in the past.

Just now, galenkia said:

Cheers mate.

I know when i have had a few days off the booze before how much better you feel in just that short time.Biggest problem for me is boredom with living alone.Got no one to support me so too easy to drink when i am bored.Plus with winter and crap weather i don't get out on the bike to keep me occupied.

But i am now feeling worse than i have ever done,even if i only have a few tins,just a constant nausea and just generally feeling shit.Should get checked out by a doctor in the new year to see if its not anything else,as i have never felt like this when i am not drinking half as much as i have done in the past.

Definitely go see your doctor, even if you're still not sure about stopping, just go get checked out anyway.

Aye, full lifestyle change required, that's what I had to do.  You can get new interests, things to do, but one step at a time.

Make an appointment with your Doctor, they'll probably send you for a load of blood tests, liver function test etc. Don't stick your head in the sand, ignore it and hope it will go away, that doesn't work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Esco said:

I'm going to cut back on the booze, train harder and work smarter. 

It's 11 AM here in Isaan and I haven't had a beer yet so I'm off to a good start before 2019 has even begun 🙂

Don't you live above a pub and if so I would struggle to cut down the booze. My local pub is only a 2 minute walk and I find that is too close as I pop over a couple of times a day when not working.

1 minute ago, thegrogmonster said:

Don't you live above a pub and if so I would struggle to cut down the booze. My local pub is only a 2 minute walk and I find that is too close as I pop over a couple of times a day when not working.

Indeed I do, plus I'm part of two whatsapp groups for piss heads that like to go there and my mrs cooks Thai grub for the pub every Thursday. Never said it was going to be easy and if it were I probably wouldn't have mentioned it 🙂 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

This is thailand -247 mate.

Your not on Secrets at the moment. 🙂

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

About your new year's resolutions, and how long it will take until you break them?

Or you just say fcuk it, from past experience i'm not even going to try, it's a load of pish anyway?

Last year I decided to try and get on with everyone as best I could, stop doing or cut out anything I didn't enjoy in as much as I can, and generally stay away from shitfeasts online, IRL or whatever. 

And by and large I've pretty much stuck to that, I've cut out stuff I wasn't enjoying, not 'engaged' when before I would have, whether IRL or online. And kept on that theme with my name change on here when I was made aware of this forum. I've also just successfully did 6 days at home with the family with Police not called to the house once, which is a right result 😀

Edit - Had to edit my post as you're not allowed to say bad words, fcuk off with this PC pish!

Mine will be quite easy to keep and not sure why I need to be so weak as to wait until the clock strikes 12:00 AM on Jan 1 to activate.

Have led an pretty healthy lifestyle the past 5 years,.....80% of days a hard workout in the gym, minimizing consumption of processed foods, eliminating Mc Donald's and Burger King from Diet, eliminating all soft drinks from the diet, doing the morning apple cider vinegar thing, and most importantly no cigarettes etc etc...for some reason the last 3 months of 2018 I have just fell totally off the tracks, have probably only been to the gym 10 times or so, have been eating McDonald's once a week, even bought a coke or two and smoking like a foolio.......wow, alot of hard work can go out the window at my age quickly. The elevator in my building has mirrors on 3 sides and everytime I get on I don't recognize myself,.....probably put on 10 kgs in the core the past 3 months, have man boobs any girl could be proud off, skin tone looks like that of a heavy smoker....

Jan 1, time to get back on the right track and never leave it again!

Edited by STARGAZER

Never even thought about taking some special resolutions "New Year resolutions"

When I decide something I do it, end of.

Now, I have cut my partying and drinking drastically in 2018, but nothing to do with N.Y., more to do with realizing I am not 50 or 55 anymore so need to take a bit care of the old mechanism, and with the price of alcohol in Indo vs my "revised" income.

I am now just at 1 large Bintang a day, and sure could suppress that one as well if I want.

Of course aperitif and wine with lunch or dinner are only sligthly impacted as it is a part of our ancestral traditions that should not get lost !

Going to start acting my age, 38 years of age and still acting the same as when I was in my twenty’s. 

I come back from 3 weeks offshore and if I stay in Glasgow and don’t go over too my condo in Bangkok the whole time I’m home I’m a disaster. Out all time boozing and doing other stuff that’s bad for you . The whole time I’m home is a blur 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JPK said:

Going to start acting my age, 38 years of age and still acting the same as when I was in my twenty’s. 

I come back from 3 weeks offshore and if I stay in Glasgow and don’t go over too my condo in Bangkok the whole time I’m home I’m a disaster. Out all time boozing and doing other stuff that’s bad for you . The whole time I’m home is a blur 😂

I remember them days well.

Well actually no I don't, as that was the whole point, but know they happened as my wallet used to attest to! 😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I want to save enough money to be able to tick off my main bucket list item, visiting The Masters in Augusta.
Don’t drink or smoke or do drugs but eat too much. Would love to loose about 5-10 Kg but realistically it’s not going to happen.

Why?