Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

What the air quality like in CM at the moment? 

Not too bad. Gonna get bad in another month or so. Going to buy two or three air purifiers for the new house and hunker down.

Covid, High b.p. and smoke - not a great combo.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 2
  • Surprised 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Bad today, walking just South of 3rd road, looking at Central Festival, there was loads of "mist" around it. Reading of Unhealthy 152

https://www.iqair.com/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

Off to PP in a couple of day for some clean air, a spakling 53 today!!

I've seen days in Chiang Mai where it was rolling down the road like a thick fog. I've never seen anything like it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Had to cut my morning bike ride short because of the poor air quality. I don't smoke, but I think I would have been healthier staying home and smoking a pack of cigarettes than inhaling the air outside.

I guessing the outside air is probably worse than smoking. Greater chance of unfiltered particles. Dawg knows what is floating around out there. 

• Sad 1

have to say it has hung around today in the red all day and visibility is worst i can remember.  air cleaners in the house are running like dogs on steroids and as a bad breather, with the new flu here, I was up at 3 suing nebuliser.  sad to say it is getting worse

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Had to cut my morning bike ride short because of the poor air quality. I don't smoke, but I think I would have been healthier staying home and smoking a pack of cigarettes than inhaling the air outside.

I decided to take a rest day today so stayed home but not looking forward to walking into town tomorrow to pay my rent !!!

My renter bought an air purifier but never used it. He had to leave earlier than planned and is now selling the unit, still in the box it was delivered in. 

https://wedo-air.com/smart-air-the-sqair-air-purifier/

The one he bought comes with a carbon filter, those without are a bit cheaper. Easy to operate, just one button to change the fan speed. It doesn't have any indication about the air quality index.

He is asking for 2500 Baht.

If interested, please sent a pm.

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, CampariO said:

My renter bought an air purifier but never used it. He had to leave earlier than planned and is now selling the unit, still in the box it was delivered in. 

https://wedo-air.com/smart-air-the-sqair-air-purifier/

The one he bought comes with a carbon filter, those without are a bit cheaper. Easy to operate, just one button to change the fan speed. It doesn't have any indication about the air quality index.

He is asking for 2500 Baht.

If interested, please sent a pm.

I have a Sharp model. A great investment for anyone living here as it's cheap insurance to protect your lungs.

I just closed up my home office and turned on my air purifier. Five minutes later my PM2.5 detector is showing a drop from 134 to 82. Expect in the next 15 minutes it will stabilize at around 15.

12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I have a Sharp model. A great investment for anyone living here as it's cheap insurance to protect your lungs.

I just closed up my home office and turned on my air purifier. Five minutes later my PM2.5 detector is showing a drop from 134 to 82. Expect in the next 15 minutes it will stabilize at around 15.

I was going to buy at least one today for the new crib, but they were out of stock. It's my number one priority. I'll be looking again tomorrow.

This smoke situation is getting real bad.

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I was going to buy at least one today for the new crib, but they were out of stock. It's my number one priority. I'll be looking again tomorrow.

This smoke situation is getting real bad.

Bought mine from Lazada. This is the one I have.

image.png

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sndway-sw-825-pm25-3in1-i4156163234-s16319452899.html

• Great Info 1

57 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Pretty bad last couple of days in Bkk too.

Same in Hua Hin, every bit as bad as Pattaya I'd say.

Decided not to go out this afternoon and at the point I check the readings HH, was worse than either BKK or Patts. And there was me leaving the "clean" air of Phom Penh for here😀

• Great Info 2
  • Surprised 2

5 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Same in Hua Hin, every bit as bad as Pattaya I'd say.

Decided not to go out this afternoon and at the point I check the readings HH, was worse than either BKK or Patts. And there was me leaving the "clean" air of Phom Penh for here😀

I didn't do my park walk today either. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This may have contributed to our misery here.

Elevated levels of PM2.5 in Bangkok point to raging rubbish dump fire in Samut Prakan

Bangkok, Thailand, has seen the worst air pollution levels of the year so far today. An uncontrollable fire raging for two days straight at a rubbish dump in Samut Prakan province, just south of the capital, has pumped PM2.5 dust into the air.

A fire has plagued a landfill site in the Phraeksa district since Tuesday night in an area covering more than 100 rai of land. Praeksa district firefighters deployed over 20 fire engines but the fire is still not under control two days later.

Local residents are complaining about suffering from a cough, sore throat, burning eyes, and a foul smell in the air. Residents are taking out their daily tasks with great difficulty amid the thick smog.

At 8am this morning, the Air Quality Index (AQI) measured a “very unhealthy” (purple) 262 in Samut Prakan. In Bangkok, levels hit an “unhealthy” 198 this morning (red).

At 10am, Bangkok was ranked the third worst city in the world for air pollution.

image.png

• Sad 5