Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

Before sunrise this morning I awoke to the strong smell of smoke from somewhere nearby. No idea where it was coming from. Had to close the windows to keep the smell out. Just beyond the pale how selfish the Thais are when it comes to adding to the already bad air quality.

A couple of years back the same thing happened so got up and took a walk to find the source. It was two soi's over in a parking lot behind Max Muay Thai where they were burning the garbage under the cover of darkness. It was an unattended fire so nobody to rant at, which was probably for the good as we know how well Thais react to a farang telling them what stupid kunts they are.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I've no idea how effective they were against Covid, but the face masks actually do work against air pollution. Although the AQI wasn't quite so bad yesterday afternoon, some local cretin decided to burn their rubbish and the air was full of smoke. So while I was doing the watering and tidying up around the place I wore a KF94 mask and with it on properly there was no hint of smoke in the air I was breathing. Wearing one of these things while driving a motorbike is probably more useful than wearing a crash helmet. After all, there's only a small possibility that you might have an accident, but it's 100% certain that you're breathing in all sorts of nasty particulates.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1

10 hours ago, lazarus said:

Screenshot 2023-03-10 063331.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-10 063300.jpg

I would be embarrassed to be seen on such a work crew. With Thailand so protective of their good image and reputation, they fail to understand how stupid this looks to the majority of the western countries.

Edited to add: Interesting reading some of the comments on FB. Some commenters are really clueless about the origins of air pollution. Dust on the floor, give me a break.

image.png

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/600101985495647

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 3