Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

up here in the hills behind pattaya it was fine but last few weeks we are getting air that smells like a burning brillo pad.  they tell me its people buring rubbish and gardens.  not sure on that.  its far from terrible but its there for sure

18 minutes ago, farangme said:

Living in this frozen cold shit hole is more damaging to health. Give me Pattaya anytime. The air is fine, chimpers everywhere.

It's been unseasonably mild here all winter. But I'm inclined to agree pal. 

5 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

up here in the hills behind pattaya it was fine but last few weeks we are getting air that smells like a burning brillo pad.  they tell me its people buring rubbish and gardens.  not sure on that.  its far from terrible but its there for sure

From what I have been reading online the lack of wind means the pollution over the cities isn't shifting.

25 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

From what I have been reading online the lack of wind means the pollution over the cities isn't shifting.

The wind helps disperse it, but it is still around somewhere. 

Solution is to avoid to create it in the first place ! 

In HKG it comes nearly all from China. Big industries near Guanghzou, and a coal power plant just at the border. 

Shanghai is horrible for pollution.

19 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

The wind helps disperse it, but it is still around somewhere. 

Solution is to avoid to create it in the first place ! 

In HKG it comes nearly all from China. Big industries near Guanghzou, and a coal power plant just at the border. 

Shanghai is horrible for pollution.

Ain't going to happen anytime soon.

The Thais don't really see it as an issue and less well educated think it's fog.

Just now, john luke said:

ÌI took these about ten minutes ago on a Samsung tablet.  No post processing at all.

20190108_072102.jpg

20190108_072050.jpgw

John Luke, you should be in bed with the dirtiest girls from a walking st agogo. Get a grip man. Walking around with a camera at 7am in Pattaya. Enjoy....

8 minutes ago, farangme said:

John Luke, you should be in bed with the dirtiest girls from a walking st agogo. Get a grip man. Walking around with a camera at 7am in Pattaya. Enjoy....

Mrs JL would create if I did.  Photo taken from balcony of condo.  As an impoverished pensioner I could not afford.  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, john luke said:

I took these about ten minutes ago on a Samsung tablet.  No post processing at all.

Thanks to you and Painter for keeping us up to date. As there seems to be little difference between BKK and Pattaya I'm heading to the capitol next week.

Cheers

Edited by Esco
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

nice pics but in cooler weather, any seaside city has mist.  and its everywhere.  that then keeps smells down on the ground but its hardly smog

That makes sense.  I have never experienced any breathing difficulty in Pattaya, though I have on occasions during rate visits to Bangkok.  I suppose it is getting into the mist v smog v fog v pollution areas.  We need a Michael Fish or John Kettley on the forum.

12 hours ago, tommy dee said:

nice pics but in cooler weather, any seaside city has mist.  and its everywhere.  that then keeps smells down on the ground but its hardly smog

It's not mist.

I believe Pattaya recorded an AQI reading of 170 yesterday.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1