Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

12 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

Far from a tree hugger, Spicey, but not stupid enough to think we are still living in 1975.

True, the world's proven oil reserves are probably 4x what they were in 1975:

https://www.indexmundi.com/energy/?product=oil&graph=reserves

...and the inflation-adjusted price of gasoline has fallen about 25%, as would be expected:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/gasoline-prices-adjusted-for-inflation/

13 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

True, the world's proven oil reserves are probably 4x what they were in 1975:

https://www.indexmundi.com/energy/?product=oil&graph=reserves

...and the inflation-adjusted price of gasoline has fallen about 25%, as would be expected:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/gasoline-prices-adjusted-for-inflation/

proven is the operative word there. It has always been there, it didn't just magically appear since 1980. And the proven reserves have grown at even a greater rate than the demand and/or consumption, but even your graph shows from a technology standpoint of being able to identify all the oil fields may of peaked and we have them all mapped. (for most part) Your graph actually shows a drop in last 5 years....over a longer period of time it will become a flat line. We need to not only flat line consumption, but make that graph start trending down.

https://www.indexmundi.com/energy/

Ironic that our atmosphere requires a certain amount of carbon to be perfect for human existence. Somehow I think mother nature had that part figured out and that is why she belches a volcanic burp every now and than. Not sure she is so happy about having her stomach pumped artificially like we are doing.

Edited by STARGAZER

the dirty storage is the problem I refer to. 
Next 100 years.....do you recall 11 years ago there was no such thing as a smart phone. If I told you 5 years ago, ganja would become medically legal, soon to be recreational in Thailand you would of thought that crazier than 10 years down the road electric magnetic will become mainstream as will quantum computing.
Out of curiosity, why would you think that the velocity of technological advancement would slow down when it has done nothing but gain velocity since the beginning of mankind? And no denial the velocity of such advancement is like the speed of light as compared to even 30 years ago. 
Shoulda chucked in a mention of perpetual motion into all that waffle for good meaaure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Shoulda chucked in a mention of perpetual motion into all that waffle for good meaaure.

To of done so would be almost as zany as you thinking the velocity of innovation will suddenly lose speed and slow down. I am a skeptic and conservative, the electromagnetic prototypes have already been built and proven. Now it is only a matter of economics. I won't jump on the PM bandwagon until we at least have the semblance of a working prototype. Just sayin.....😜

By the way, the breeze picked up last night early and was blowing the right direction and the skies really cleared after sundown. The "red moon" was the closest thing to a red moon I had ever seen in Asia. It was beautiful and big. You could see the topography it was so clear. Really made me wish I had more camera skills and hardware than my point and shoot phone. It really was a stunning and beautiful thing to see.

Edited by STARGAZER

1 minute ago, STARGAZER said:

To of done so would be almost as zany as you thinking the velocity of innovation will suddenly lose speed and slow down. I am a skeptic and conservative, the electromagnetic prototypes have already been built and proven. Now it is only a matter of economics. I won't jump on the PM bandwagon until we at least have the semblance of a working prototype. Just sayin.....😜

Where are these built and proven prototypes ?

5 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Where are these built and proven prototypes ?

Ray Rhompo's best mate google can be your friend as well. Maybe propelled and not powered by electro magnetics would be a better technical term. 

Have you ever heard of Elan Musk's hyper tube. Have you ever ridden on the Shanghai Maglev train? It is amazing. Should be on everyones's bucket list.

Edited by STARGAZER

2 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

Ray Rhompo's best mate google can be your friend as well. Maybe propelled and not powered by electro magnetics would be a better technical term. 

Have you ever heard of Elan Musk's hyper tube. Have you ever ridden on the Shanghai Maglev train? It is amazing. Should be on everyones's bucket list.

Yeah its called Electro Magnetic Propulsion.

Ive googled the car application and Iam coming up with nothing... Maybe Mr Rhompo can assist with his superior google skills.

Maglev train is awesome but not adaptable to an automotive application... Musk is a fucken nutjob.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Yeah its called Electro Magnetic Propulsion.

Ive googled the car application and Iam coming up with nothing... Maybe Mr Rhompo can assist with his superior google skills.

Maglev train is awesome but not adaptable to an automotive application... Musk is a fucken nutjob.

There you go again inferring that the velocity of innovation will slow down.....but....take a deep breath..what part of these two sentences that I wrote did you not understand? I thought I was pretty clear I was speaking towards the future of true sustainable transportation, no?

Electric magnetic power and ride sharing is the future for sustainable clean transportation. Even electric cars as we know them today leave massive carbon footprints via the production of the batteries and the electricity generation of the recharge ports.

3 minutes ago, STARGAZER said:

There you go again inferring that the velocity of innovation will slow down.....but....take a deep breath..what part of these two sentences that I wrote did you not understand? I thought I was pretty clear I was speaking towards the future of true sustainable transportation, no?

Electric magnetic power and ride sharing is the future for sustainable clean transportation. Even electric cars as we know them today leave massive carbon footprints via the production of the batteries and the electricity generation of the recharge ports.

Where am inferring innovation will slow down... all iam am saying is what your describing will not happen for a very very long time  or do seriously believe they can jam 2 magnets in a car and away down the road it will zoom ?

2 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Where am inferring innovation will slow down... all iam am saying is what your describing will not happen for a very very long time  or do seriously believe they can jam 2 magnets in a car and away down the road it will zoom ?

like i said,......it took man 1000's a year to master fire. 10 years ago, no smartphones. Why would the velocity of innovation slow down?

But, regardless, it is all speculation, your POV and mine. Only time will tell. I plan on hanging around for awhile and continue to watch the amazements unfold....at a lighting like speed.

Just now, STARGAZER said:

like i said,......it took man 1000's a year to master fire. 10 years ago, no smartphones. Why would the velocity of innovation slow down?

But, regardless, it is all speculation, your POV and mine. Only time will tell. I plan on hanging around for awhile and continue to watch the amazements unfold....at a lighting like speed.

Meh innovation is happening but not at lightening like speed , Am happy to Keep on burning dinosaurs in my rides !!

Maglev trains have been experimented since over 40 years...

Germany, France are the ones I remember. It never really worked on an industrial scale. 

Yes I am aware of the Shanghai airport train.

Musk's loop is a dream. But hey, some dreams come true in technology so who knows ?

3 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Maglev trains have been experimented since over 40 years...

Germany, France are the ones I remember. It never really worked on an industrial scale. 

Yes I am aware of the Shanghai airport train.

Musk's loop is a dream. But hey, some dreams come true in technology so who knows ?

Maglev is awesome but without massive changes to road networks not ever gunna happen in a motor vehicle.

Would be good to see the loop become a reality but its nothing more than a glorified train and a technology that cannot be adapted to automobile use.

Dirty electric cars is about as good as its gunna get within ours and our childrens lifetime.

59 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

I dont want an electric car, I want a car that goes "Vroam, Vroam" when I hit the gas pedal !

Pretty sure that feature could be one of the cheapest add on options in history. Can probably get the vibration effect and everything. Augmented Reality will never go out of style. 😎

Screenshot_20190123-084030.thumb.jpg.5fcc36d2fdb6f34ad7cb9c4a1a834e8c.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Maglev is awesome but without massive changes to road networks 

Dirty electric cars is about as good as its gunna get within ours and our childrens lifetime.

Everyone entitled to their opinion but my opinion is if the human mindset was locked into the mindset you express above we would still be trying to figure out fire.

I understated things...it took our species 9 million years to innovate from our first tools to being able to light a fire. 9 million years!

My father died in 1997. I thought we had really reached close to our innovative ceiling than. I would say if my father could magically reappear today he would be lost and think he is in some altered state fantasy world.

Most scientists and sociologists agree man has had more technological advancement in past 10 years than the rest of our recorded in history time combined...a nice little user friendly chart to remind one of the exponential increase in velocity can be found in link below. Personally I wish it would slow down as we are so close to the point the velocity exceeds our capacity to handle it. 

But, like I said. All speculative, but still for the life of me i can't figure out how someone with your intellect could not only think the velocity of innovation would slow down, but think it would do so at an exponential rate as per your above claim.

www.explainthatstuff.com/timeline.html

Everyone entitled to their opinion but my opinion is if the human mindset was locked into the mindset you express above we would still be trying to figure out fire.

I understated things...it took our species 9 million years to innovate from our first tools to being able to light a fire. 9 million years!

My father died in 1997. I thought we had really reached close to our innovative ceiling than. I would say if my father could magically reappear today he would be lost and think he is in some altered state fantasy world.

Most scientists and sociologists agree man has had more technological advancement in past 10 years than the rest of our recorded in history time combined...a nice little user friendly chart to remind one of the exponential increase in velocity can be found in link below. Personally I wish it would slow down as we are so close to the point the velocity exceeds our capacity to handle it. 

But, like I said. All speculative, but still for the life of me i can't figure out how someone with your intellect could not only think the velocity of innovation would slow down, but think it would do so at an exponential rate as per your above claim.

www.explainthatstuff.com/timeline.html

Where does the 10 's of trillions of dollars come from to upgrade road networks to allow maglev cars to be a thing.... which I doubt they could anyways what with cross roads and stuff ?

Also you keep harping on about me saying the velocity of innovation will slow.... did you read that in an alternate universe or is you comprehension just selective to help you justify your ideologies ?

17 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

proven is the operative word there. It has always been there, it didn't just magically appear since 1980

The source I posted says that clearly.  Apples at the top of a tree aren't food unless you can get up there to them either; once you do, they are.

2 hours ago, STARGAZER said:

...for the life of me i can't figure out how someone with your intellect could not only think the velocity of innovation would slow down...etc.

Which might be why I expect it to speed up, which is the thing that has always set me apart from the "peak oil" people who believed that what oil we could get at in 1975 would always be the only oil we could exploit.  If you're on the Secrets board, you'll find posts of mine from over a decade ago predicting then what has come to pass today.

I believe that today's proven oil reserves will continue to skyrocket both in volume (bbl) and also in efficiency, the latter meaning that a barrel of oil will propel you many times farther in an internal combustion engine in the future than it does now, meaning in turn that we won't have to extract what we can get at as fast.  That string will get longer from both ends.

And, because they will be more energy efficient, tomorrow's cars will pollute less than today's engines too.  That's because I believe that the velocity of innovation in the oil and ICE industries will increase.  As I always have.

I can see where electric cars will advance in sophistication.  I just can't see the economic impetus behind making them mainstream if more and more gallons of oil take us farther and farther per gallon, especially if the day comes when it costs more to generate electricity from fossil fuels than it costs to simply put them into your tank. 

By fighting to kill nuclear-, coal-, and oil-fired power plants, that's just what "environmentalists" will cause.  They're just too stupid and short-sighted to grasp that yet.

Edited by Rompho Ray

4 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Where does the 10 's of trillions of dollars come from to upgrade road networks to allow maglev cars to be a thing.... which I doubt they could anyways what with cross roads and stuff ?

Also you keep harping on about me saying the velocity of innovation will slow.... did you read that in an alternate universe or is you comprehension just selective to help you justify your ideologies ?

Part of innovation leads to better per unit economics on existing knowledge. I can remember when a 6 function (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, convert to %, and square root calculation ) costed usd$99.00. I can recall my first state of art 2 megal pixel fuji digital camera cost usd$900.00,...i could go on and on with a list of a zillion and one examples. I can remember when the first wireless phones were the size of a small carry in bag and cost usd$2500. I could go on and on and list many other examples like this. So again I can only conclude that if you can only see today and think it will cost trillions of dollars in new infastructure to convert to a mainstream form of transport based onusing electro magnetic levitation theory I can only assume you think the velocity of innovation will slow down exponentially. I just don't get it? Now if your argument was based on the power lust and greed inherent in human nature and say the fossil fuel industry lobbyist will curtail it I could understand that somewhat. After all it is the only reason we are still on the stuff today. Similar to why millions of people still die of cancer in 2019..the pharmy industry makes way to much coin off cancer treatment to want it to be cured.

How could i envision maybe a low cost infrastructure be done..maybe in 10 years time laying the magnetic coils needed will be as simple as it is today for the public road department to repaint lane line dividers on the roads. Yeah sounds far fetched, but than again if i told you 10 years ago you could 3d print a gun you would of thought that insane as well. Just sayin...and some real irony, i hope the velocity does slow down. We are near the critical point that it is faster than our human capicity to manage and control it. 

Edited by STARGAZER

2 hours ago, Rompho Ray said:

By fighting to kill nuclear-, coal-, and oil-fired power plants, that's just what "environmentalists" will cause.  They're just too stupid and short-sighted to grasp that yet.

You must be confused and mis read somewhere I am arguing to legislate out existing forms...nothing could be further than the truth. I am the ultimate glass full guy and think the power of human driven social change will make things evolve much faster, much more efficiently, and much less costly to society in general than any legislation or regulations would. You can't force shit down peoples throat via legislating or taxing as a deterent. Look at the failed Paris Climate Control thing. Not a g20 country signed up has met their targets aand whilst greenhouse emissions might be reducing did those countries really need a fake handshake deal to do it or would social perceptions on their own fueled the change. And to make people pay a higher cost to force a change that would of happenned anyway, well look at the lil boy Macron  and how his mission is playing out raising taxes. If any approach regarding legislative effect works it is the opposite of taxation..it is incentivizing via lower taxes..ie the HK Telsa argument earlier in this thread.

Where have i even hinted anything less. Stating i think investing in alternative forms of energies that are more environmentally friendly, and more sustainable via renewability or less consumption is smarter than investing im fossill fuel advanced technologies is not the same as protesting against some pipeline or trying to force close a coal plant. It is merely conviction in my belief that social awareness and innovation will take care of it via a natural process and along with the exponential increase in velocity of innovation comes increased speed of new process.

I laugh at the tree huggers out trying to legislate to save our environment. The environment CAN'T be saved. It is a consumable..it really is that simple. But we can maximize efficiency of the consumption even if it doesn't change the ultimate end result..that being it has all been consumed. And i don't lose one second of sleep worrying about that end result because I am sure innovation will yield us plenty of other choices of environments far far away to consume long before this one is gone. The tree huggers way to tense and their trying to force square pegs through round holes is totally an exercise in self defeat.

Edited by STARGAZER