Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

untitled-0314-12.jpg

I am looking out from my balcony.  The sun is shining however, there is quite a strong wind this morning. I am working on the assumption that wind normally clears away mist. The flags on the buildings opposite are flying and the leaves on the trees are also being blown.  What confuses me however is that if one looks into the distrance there is still evidence of mist.  Surely the wind should clear the mist.  Anyone with any knowledge of weather patterns, systems and methodology, could you offer a view please?

untitled-0310-8.jpg

untitled-0311-9.jpg

untitled-0312-10.jpg

untitled-0313-1.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, john luke said:

I am looking out from my balcony.  The sun is shining however, there is quite a strong wind this morning. I am working on the assumption that wind normally clears away mist. The flags on the buildings opposite are flying and the leaves on the trees are also being blown.  What confuses me however is that if one looks into the distrance there is still evidence of mist.  Surely the wind should clear the mist.  Anyone with any knowledge of weather patterns, systems and methodology, could you offer a view please?

untitled-0310-8.jpg

My guess is we're into the burn off season. FIRMS - Fire Map shows the current fire sites.
image.png

With strong winds from the NE blowing the smoke our way.
image.png
source: https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-263.20,11.75,2091

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Esco said:

What's it like these days? 

Arriving Wednesday. 

Most days are now at unhealthy levels, and I expect that will get worse over the next two months. Even at these levels, it's not that noticeable unless you have a clear line of sight to a distant point. Still, if all you're doing is walking around and enjoying the nightlife and doing nothing more physical than a horizontal workout it's fine.

image.png

• Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Most days are now at unhealthy levels, and I expect that will get worse over the next two months. Even at these levels, it's not that noticeable unless you have a clear line of sight to a distant point. Still, if all you're doing is walking around and enjoying the nightlife and doing nothing more physical than a horizontal workout it's fine.

image.png

Thx.

I'll be with my 3 months old son so little partying I'm afraid...