Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

Why is the pollution level high at the moment? In addition to localised factors, depending on wind direction Thailand is subject to the consequences of poor fire control in neighbouring countries. 

The second map shows major burns occurring in the past 24 hours - relatively few in Thailand itself, but many in Cambodia.

The first map combines real-time air flow with high air pollution concentrations. The correlation is clear. The PM2.5 pollution levels are highest over the burns in Cambodia. The air flow is easterly, and carrying the heavy pollution west into Thailand and to the Bangkok area and Chon Buri province.

FB_IMG_1547265442052.thumb.jpg.a6a7efb2f82051bb7b1cb9b89a408ee0.jpg

FB_IMG_1547265446999.jpg.5a8a38f78fd1ac5980c7843c4f4da707.jpg

• Thanks 1

There is also a nasty bug going around. I have had a night off tonight with sore throat and cough. Bought some expensive medication which is useless. I have resorted to sucking a Fisherman's Friend.
Why? Wouldn't the Fisherman let you suck him?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

New solution..... Make black rain....

https://m.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1611074/haze-puts-city-on-red-alert

Never saw those crawler mounted watercannons before, I wonder what is their original use ? (Except the sales commission part...)

And those BT 67 dont look young neither ?

Edit :  here is the explanation. DC 3 copy or reconversions...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basler_BT-67

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I try to avoid them to be honest, only currently reading and replying to them as I'm a bit bored untill we go to Bangkok! 

Until is with a single l. 

Soak up my wisdom mate, it's free of charge. 

Edited by Esco
I'm a knobhead
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Oh dear!

Well the good news is we were out the terminal with our bags and in a taxi within 5 minutes.

I've never seen my bags on the carousel so quickly nor no queue at the DMK taxi rank before, amazing! 

Will share some more smog shots when I get into town. 

• Thanks 1

I tried to post a pic of the view from our balcony looking towards Sukhumvit but the farken thing ain't working.

Anyway, it's more cloudy than smoggy with rain on the way I reckon, and the air doesn't bother me, at least for now.