Jump to content

How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Phantom51red

tropical cyclone

Recommended Posts

More rain in Samui is going to hurt the restaurants and bars badly. 

We were there 3 weeks ago and Chaweng was dead because of the rain. I'm told by a mate who lives there that business is 50% down already so this sure wont help. 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Esco said:

More rain in Samui is going to hurt the restaurants and bars badly. 

We were there 3 weeks ago and Chaweng was dead because of the rain. I'm told by a mate who lives there that business is 50% down already so this sure wont help. 

It is rainy season though ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nd scary.  predicted by met office to be the biggest direct storm in decades.. between now and sunday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baldylocks said:

I think i read somewhere that the hauhin ferry has been stop due to the weather as well

yes ive seen that too mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When one lives in places where those natural events happen regulary, you learn to live with it.

Hope for the best but be ready for the worst.

Big storms in the Navy, forest fires where I lived in France, typhoons in HKG, but Indonesia beats it all with a combination of volcanos, earthquakes and tsunamis....

This being said the Bali volcano started smoking again a few days ago, and I am flying there today....

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

When one lives in places where those natural events happen regulary, you learn to live with it.

Hope for the best but be ready for the worst.

Big storms in the Navy, forest fires where I lived in France, typhoons in HKG, but Indonesia beats it all with a combination of volcanos, earthquakes and tsunamis....

This being said the Bali volcano started smoking again a few days ago, and I am flying there today....

 

Agreed, pretty much like the flooding although you would expect that the geniuses running Pattaya would be better equipped to deal with it.

🙂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5m waves, 7 inches rain in 2 hrs and flooding predicted.  guess we will see in the next few hours.  said to be the expected to be the worst in 40 yrs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

5m waves, 7 inches rain in 2 hrs and flooding predicted.  guess we will see in the next few hours.  said to be the expected to be the worst in 40 yrs

The oil platform I worked on in the gulf has been abandoned, the storage tanker disconnected and sailed to hide behind the nearest island.  This is the first time they have ever had to do this. 

Edited by Scotty
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think some of the beach vendors in front of the hilton in hua hin were being over cautious yesterday,they had the army in moving all chairs ect ect up to the chinese temple,bet they regret that today as nothing so far,and by the looks of things a normal day in the uk with some rain and wind later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaweng beach getting a fair bit if rain and the water is high but nothing shocking as of yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ko pang  sold out of food in shops, macro empty and petrol all sold out too.  chatting to someone who has rentals there, everyone has left and cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate in Samui just sent me a clip and it's hardly raining. The weather was worse last month when I was there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a live webcam feed  

Although Samui got lucky, I've read reports of several deaths further south. May they RIP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×