Nightcrawler

Chayapoon update

10 hours ago, misteregg said:

I was in a minority that didn’t like Crazy Dave’s.
Not nice food and found Fools and Horses on the screens patronizing.
But always enjoyed other bars around there.

I think Crazy Daves was an experience and worth a visit in the day, and certainly one I enjoyed on several occasions at 0430am. The food was, as described, basic but in hindsight some of the other local bars aren’t much better.

Although pissed, not just myself but dave and Linda themselves, I found it fun and have a feeling I had several heart to hearts with cooking staff before heading back out to find another ‘friend’ to then take to Marine Seafood or back to the hotel.

Long gone are those days 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, misteregg said:

I was in a minority that didn’t like Crazy Dave’s.
Not nice food and found Fools and Horses on the screens patronizing.
But always enjoyed other bars around there.

A minority of 2 ..... go all the way to Thailand for Crazy Dave's ghastly English food and Chas and Dave ..... nope but each to their own.

• Like 1

I have stayed in this Soi a number of times at the English Rose, Alan runs a tight Ship with his lovely lady Mac the last time was May last year the street is loud and with everything so close together the sound travels it's not a soi I would say is any good if you are looking for a quiet peaceful rest. I mainly use the English Rose bar and the Triangle bar I believe Crazy Dave's was re-named the Hog's head but that may have changed as well but the breakfast was still good and cheap. Also handy street with plenty of places to get a relaxing happy ending massage.

20140223_160734.jpg

20160924_115248.jpg

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, siamsteve said:

I have stayed in this Soi a number of times at the English Rose, Alan runs a tight Ship with his lovely lady Mac the last time was May last year the street is loud and with everything so close together the sound travels it's not a soi I would say is any good if you are looking for a quiet peaceful rest. I mainly use the English Rose bar and the Triangle bar I believe Crazy Dave's was re-named the Hog's head but that may have changed as well but the breakfast was still good and cheap. Also handy street with plenty of places to get a relaxing happy ending massage.

20140223_160734.jpg

20160924_115248.jpg

That brekkie looks a fooking mess.

Just how I like it 😀

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, AJSP said:

I think Crazy Daves was an experience and worth a visit in the day

Yea there are some things you should do just to say you have done them :default_biggrin: Another of those things would be staying at least 1 night in the Nana Hotel when visiting Bangkok. A dump ? Well lets just say there are better but it's a right of passage for mongers to experience it at least once  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yea there are some things you should do just to say you have done them :default_biggrin: Another of those things would be staying at least 1 night in the Nana Hotel when visiting Bangkok. A dump ? Well lets just say there are better but it's a right of passage for mongers to experience it at least once  

Sorry to thread f**k but Larry is right. Stayed in Nana one night in the 90s. All intentions were to go downstairs to the disco , Heaven, but got in the lift and a lovely girl was in there just after a short time. Took her instead.
.......meanwhile in Chaiyaphum
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, siamsteve said:

. . . . I believe Crazy Dave's was re-named the Hog's head but that may have changed as well but the breakfast was still good and cheap.

Boars Head, and yes I had a decent breakfast there some time last year.

16 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

My first ever night and first day of Songkran spent in Nana Soi 4 when I thought WTF is this all about ......

a dump but what a dump back in the day .... meanwhile back in Soi Chaiyapoom walked it last week meh !!

19 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Would like to go into one of those rooms with a big spray bottle of Luminol :default_biggrin: and makes those walls talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pillow Biter said:

Would like to go into one of those rooms with a big spray bottle of Luminol :default_biggrin: and makes those walls talk.

Yea kinda like the seats in...................

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yea kinda like the seats in...................

I got told off for posting pictures of naked girls on the distinctive green sofa's in The Residence Gardens. He stayed there and was worried about potential skid marks and damp spots.

Just jealous. :default_biggrin:

crazy daves, chow across the road, canterbury tales, all good for a chat, but to eat..  it was a one timer for most people.  apart from anythign else, mostly the water is off in the soi and brought in in tankers, than do runs to the.. local streams for refills.  i sued to be in the soi 3-4 days a week once upon a time,   now its a wander down a faded memory lane.

They are fixing broken water pipes at the R-Con curve on Soi Buakhao. 

IMG_0069.jpg.8a3b7b296d32cb0851239aaad50ad75c.jpg

An excavation of at least that depth the entire length of Soi Chaiyapoon would be necessary to fix the underlying problem that causes the potholes.  Basically, they need to tear up the whole street and start from scratch.

Evil