How do you activate your account.. ?

Before you can login, you must active your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address.

If you did not receive this email, please check your junk/spam folder. If you entered an incorrect email address, you will need to re-register with the correct email address.

If you are waiting to activate your account you can resent the activation e-mail or change your e-mail address.

Sign in to follow this  
Thai Spice

Your data in the Internet era

Yahoo France since some time showed me a message :

"Yahoo France is now part of Oath. Oath and its partners need your consent to access your device, blablabla…."

Yahoo fait partie d’Oath. Oath et ses partenaires ont besoin de votre consentement pour accéder à votre appareil et utiliser vos données, notamment votre position géographique, afin de comprendre vos centres d’intérêt, de diffuser des publicités personnalisées et de mesurer leur efficacité. Oath vous présentera également des publicités personnalisées sur les produits de ses partenaires. En savoir plus. Sélectionnez « OK » pour autoriser Oath et ses partenaires à utiliser vos données. Pour connaître les autres choix qui s’offrent à vous, sélectionnez « Gérer les options ».

So, I went to have a look with who  they share MY data …..

Note that NOT ACCEPTING is not an option as clearly stated  on the next page :

https://guce.oath.com/consent

"Pour continuer à utiliser Yahoo et d'autres sites et applications d’Oath, vous devez nous autoriser à utiliser des cookies pour collecter vos données."

"Vous devez nous autoriser" means "you HAVE to authorise us".  In other words, if you don't , F.O. …..

The next page informs you of all the "partners with who your data will be shared..

https://guce.oath.com/collectConsent/partners/vendors?sessionId=4_cc-session_4c70c017-8c4e-46c5-bb32-2fa9a8aa88f4&lang=fr-FR

Seems there are 2 levels of partners "Chosen partners" and "IAB partners"   Interactive Advertisement Bureau, whatever that is 

Now have a scroll at the list of the Chosen partners  :

10 of them, with the usual big names

Then have a look / scroll down at the "IAB" partners....

There must be a 100 names on the list......

Edit : Seems the 2nd list you can select to activate them or not. Although not very clear if by clicking you activate them or if they are activated by default and by clicking you disactivate them ?

So well, being a stubborn frog they can Feck off, I am not clicking "Agreed"

Now, they probably already nicked it behind my back already anyway.....😡

Edited by Thai Spice

23 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

people still use yahoo ?

I used it for Yahoo news France only.

same as FB and google and gmail.. all share your links, details, viewing history.. ut the frogs have a newish browser that is supposed to be free of this spying.. cant rememebr the name but i tried it, i could only get in frog tho

Sign in to follow this