What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

Lockdown

Roger Waters -Mother from "The Wall"

Saw him live a couple of years ago in Manchester brilliant concert, bit too political for me but his and Floyds music is timeless.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, roomark said:

Lockdown

Roger Waters -Mother from "The Wall"

Saw him live a couple of years ago in Manchester brilliant concert, bit too political for me but his and Floyds music is timeless.

I had tickets to see him Sept 23rd here......I am incredibly disappointed as a real possibility that the tickets we have now are good for the re-schedule in 2021..but we may not be here. I know for sure he will never come to Impact Arena....."This is not a drill"  ☹️

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I had tickets to see him Sept 23rd here......I am incredibly disappointed as a real possibility that the tickets we have now are good for the re-schedule in 2021..but we may not be here. I know for sure he will never come to Impact Arena....."This is not a drill"  ☹️

I filmed the last 2 mins of Comfortably Numb (I dont normally film at a concert but couldn't resist this bit) his stage shows like Pink Floyd's are something else.

Was at the Manchester Arena where the bomb went off not long before (the sick side of humanity 😢

I had a spare for this concert as my mate couldn't make it and ended up getting let down last minute with someone who agreed to buy it outside on E Bay ended up being an expensive concert 555 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Many many moons ago I used to work for the Marquee club in Wardor St London. On one particular occasion whilst working security at the Plumpton Festival I got watch Pink Floyd from back stage. They were doing stuff from the Ummagumma album including "Careful with that Axe Eugene" 

Admittedly I was tripping at the time, but it was one of the best experiences of my life.. It was breath taking 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/17/2020 at 9:22 AM, lazarus said:

I was at this concert...

I was probably standing right next to you.....and didn't even know it. Some of the best concerts I ever saw were at Winterland..Post and Steiner Street...seems like yesterday. My Minolta SRT 101 with 135mm lens served me well. 

R1-20.JPG

R1-15.jpg

R1-12.jpg

R1-19 (2).jpg

R1-24.jpg

R1-28.jpg

R23.jpg

R34.jpg

R41.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@roomark Any of you who like Roger Waters etc......this is so sad for me to see that these guys still ( Roger and David) still cannot patch up their differences after all of these years!  

I like Pink Floyd's music whilst wouldn't say I was a massive fan. Recently read Nick Mason's biography Inside Out, it struck me as an aside that none of them were particularly nice guys,  for what they failed to do for Syd Barrett for one but it was also something I thought came across in different anecdotes  in the book.

Seems to be the way that we expect people who are super talented in one domain, music here but sports for me in particular  to be great people outside of the that domain- seems they can be just as petty and childish as the rest of us😁 Just only richer and way, way, way more successful😭

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@roomark Any of you who like Roger Waters etc......this is so sad for me to see that these guys still ( Roger and David) still cannot patch up their differences after all of these years!  

It's absolutely crazy all the history and good memories they have between them even more so considering their ages you would think by now (and even with the current world situation) they would know better .

8 hours ago, roomark said:

It's absolutely crazy all the history and good memories they have between them even more so considering their ages you would think by now (and even with the current world situation) they would know better .

Spot on buddy.....

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Spot on buddy.....

I’m a Gilmour guy.👍👍

Great pics of the Who.

Was just a few years before me,but always had mad respect for the Ox.

We were quite sheltered in rural Australia for music in the late 70’s early 80’s.We were given heavy doses of Aussie pub rock,and rarely ventured outside it.

arriving in LA at 19,with a bass in one hand and a back pack in the other,I quickly realized in was a very small fish...in an extremely large pond...mostly filled with great whites.

Didnt take me long to realize,the music biz was never going to be a viable option to me.

Edited by Skalliwag
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 7:11 AM, roomark said:

Best to let sleeping dogs lie roo. 

Gilmour v Waters is an old arguement now and I don't really know if the truth will ever emerge. 

I just continue to enjoy the music. 

IMHO. Both are hard headed but equally talented. 

• Thumbs Up 1