What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

On 12/24/2022 at 11:45 PM, ChiFlyer said:

Well Santa is on his way and it will be midnight soon here in Thailand, so I guess it is time for some midnight songs.

The Allman Brothers Band

Eric Clapton

The Eagles

The Allman Brothers Band.... probably the greatest band ever.

On 12/20/2022 at 12:58 AM, ChiFlyer said:

The Temptations and The Rolling Stones both did great renditions of "Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me). The song was originally written by Barrett Strong and Norman Whitfield of The Temptations. The Stones version is excellent. Never could make up my mind which one I liked better.

The Temptations

The Stones version

I guess I could comment a bit on why this song has meaning to me, although it is probably obvious in some regards.

I grew up (often failing to do so) in a Blue Collar neighborhood on the Southwest side of Chicago. As a teenager, I was more into Motown than anything else because that was what I was used to listening to.

Many years later (after two failed engagements (the crazy women kept saying that I was supposed to change)), I went out briefly with the ditz of the century. I am to be excused as she had a really nice rack. Anyway, when driving away from the ditz for the final time, the Stones version came on the radio. I still like that song.

Great song, both versions. And I can relate, being a South Sider myself. 

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Great song, both versions. And I can relate, being a South Sider myself. 

Well, I've got to say that the original by the Temptations is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard - the strings, the vocal harmonies, the tempo, everything - I never knew that the Stones made a version of this, but I made it half way through and shut if off, it just didn't do it for me - it's not a rock and roll song, sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Well, I've got to say that the original by the Temptations is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard - the strings, the vocal harmonies, the tempo, everything - I never knew that the Stones made a version of this, but I made it half way through and shut if off, it just didn't do it for me - it's not a rock and roll song, sorry. 

O.K.  I'll give you that. Stones version vs. the original... no comparison.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I saw the Eagles live three times over the years. The second time was at Washington Park Racetrack, Homewood Illinois (a couple years after this show the place burned down).

The show was with Linda Ronstadt. What a show ! 

This was the big hit at the time, and still one of my favorite Eagles songs.