What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

I think Queen are brilliant but it took many years for me to appreciate them.  They are the only band I have walked out on when I saw them at Hammersmith Odeon in 1973 when they were supporting Mott The Hoople (who I went to see).  Thought they were a lot of noise and went out with my brother to have burgers in the foyer, came back when they had finished.

Boy did they get better.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I think Queen are brilliant but it took many years for me to appreciate them.  They are the only band I have walked out on when I saw them at Hammersmith Odeon in 1973 when they were supporting Mott The Hoople (who I went to see).  Thought they were a lot of noise and went out with my brother to have burgers in the foyer, came back when they had finished.

Boy did they get better.

This one is pure class mate. they made live aid...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

This one is pure class mate. they made live aid...

Watch and bookmark this version mate, it's much better quality using the FM radio broadcast synced with the restored TV film. 

The guy who did it really knows his stuff and has also analysed and explains why each song sounds so good - 

Short song analysis: -

"Bohemian Rhapsody": Although it's a short medley version, it's one of the best performances of the ballad section, with Freddie nailing the Bb4s with the correct studio phrasing (for the first time ever!). 

"Radio Ga Ga": Although it's missing one chorus, this is one of - if not the best - the best versions ever, Freddie nails all the Bb4s and sounds very clean! Spike Edney's Roland Jupiter 8 also really shines through on this mix, compared to the DVD releases! 

"Audience Improv": A great improv, Freddie sounds strong and confident. You gotta love when he sustains that A4 for 4 seconds! 

"Hammer To Fall": Despite missing a verse and a chorus, it's a strong version (possibly the best ever). Freddie sings the song amazingly, and even ad-libs a C#5 and a C5! Also notice how heavy Brian's guitar sounds compared to the thin DVD mixes - it roars! 

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love": A great version, the crowd loves the song, the jam is great as well! Only downside to this is the slight feedback issues. 

"We Will Rock You": Although cut down to the 1st verse and chorus, Freddie sounds strong. He nails the A4, and the solo from Dr. May is brilliant! 

"We Are the Champions": Perhaps the high-light of the performance - Freddie is very daring on this version, he sustains the pre-chorus Bb4s, nails the 1st C5, belts great A4s, but most importantly: He nails the chorus Bb4s, in all 3 choruses! This is the only time he has ever done so! It has to be said though, the last one sounds a bit rough, but that's a side effect of belting high notes for the past 18 minutes, with nodules AND laryngitis!

ROCK ON 😎

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Shaksey said:

Watch and bookmark this version mate, it's much better quality using the FM radio broadcast synced with the restored TV film. 

The guy who did it really knows his stuff and has also analysed and explains why each song sounds so good - 

Short song analysis: -

"Bohemian Rhapsody": Although it's a short medley version, it's one of the best performances of the ballad section, with Freddie nailing the Bb4s with the correct studio phrasing (for the first time ever!). 

"Radio Ga Ga": Although it's missing one chorus, this is one of - if not the best - the best versions ever, Freddie nails all the Bb4s and sounds very clean! Spike Edney's Roland Jupiter 8 also really shines through on this mix, compared to the DVD releases! 

"Audience Improv": A great improv, Freddie sounds strong and confident. You gotta love when he sustains that A4 for 4 seconds! 

"Hammer To Fall": Despite missing a verse and a chorus, it's a strong version (possibly the best ever). Freddie sings the song amazingly, and even ad-libs a C#5 and a C5! Also notice how heavy Brian's guitar sounds compared to the thin DVD mixes - it roars! 

"Crazy Little Thing Called Love": A great version, the crowd loves the song, the jam is great as well! Only downside to this is the slight feedback issues. 

"We Will Rock You": Although cut down to the 1st verse and chorus, Freddie sounds strong. He nails the A4, and the solo from Dr. May is brilliant! 

"We Are the Champions": Perhaps the high-light of the performance - Freddie is very daring on this version, he sustains the pre-chorus Bb4s, nails the 1st C5, belts great A4s, but most importantly: He nails the chorus Bb4s, in all 3 choruses! This is the only time he has ever done so! It has to be said though, the last one sounds a bit rough, but that's a side effect of belting high notes for the past 18 minutes, with nodules AND laryngitis!

ROCK ON 😎

Most of that terminology and gone over my head... mate..

But i loved the video .. 👍🏼

• Like 1