What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

Would have loved to have been at this concert in Oakland in 1977. First saw them on the Old Grey Whistle Test on BBC 2 and thought they were awesome.  Probably better known for the song Sweet Home Alabama and the fact that some of them died a few months later in a plane crash including the lead singer Ronnie Van Zandt.

Think the rendition of the song is one of the best live performances I have seen.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Me too in Portsmouth Guildhall, we must have seen the same tour, are you sure it was 1970 ?

It could have been '71 but All Right Now was their big hit and I am pretty sure I was about 15. Need to check my photos as it was a holiday year after I went to Sorrento and thought that was '69.

Long time ago though.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

It could have been '71 but All Right Now was their big hit and I am pretty sure I was about 15. Need to check my photos as it was a holiday year after I went to Sorrento and thought that was '69.

Long time ago though.

Now i thought it was the late 60's as i was an apprentice at the time and i'd finished my training by 1970 but i could be wrong, as you say its a long time ago lol, i wonder if they did two tours in quick succession, but i'd have been on to it, havin said that i did'nt do B'Mouth much other than Simple Minds and Lighthouse family, it was always Pompey and Soton Guildhalls.  

I got Tons of Sobs and Fire and Water vinyl albums, F...... loved em.

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now i thought it was the late 60's as i was an apprentice at the time and i'd finished my training by 1970 but i could be wrong, as you say its a long time ago lol, i wonder if they did two tours in quick succession, but i'd have been on to it, havin said that i did'nt do B'Mouth much other than Simple Minds and Lighthouse family, it was always Pompey and Soton Guildhalls.  

I got Tons of Sobs and Fire and Water vinyl albums, F...... loved em.

The reason I am sure it is 1970 is that during the set they played All Right Now and that wasn't released until early 1970. I also saw them while I was on summer holiday there and in 1969 I was in Sorrento for my summer vacation. 

9 hours ago, Horizondave said:

The reason I am sure it is 1970 is that during the set they played All Right Now and that wasn't released until early 1970. I also saw them while I was on summer holiday there and in 1969 I was in Sorrento for my summer vacation. 

I think you're right cos they played All Right Now, what a song, one of the all time greats !!!

• Thumbs Up 1