What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

"Only slide i ever played on was a slide guitar" by The Hamsters, Essex Rodent Rockers, seen em loadsa times over the years in Southampton Brook live music venue. F......brill imo, sadly no longer performing but i got a couple of their CD's which i regularly play.

2 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Not bad, reminds me a bit of newer Anathema.

They have released a few EP's and have a debut album coming out later this year.They are releasing songs from it every 2 weeks on Youtube leading up to its release.This is my favourite so far.Saw them live in Camden in London last year.Great live band.

Found a 33 1/3 LP in the garage the other day.......quite the dinosaur.

I know you all liked "The Tubes" back in the day LOL! 

1976 New Years Eve pic at Winterland, San Francisco....

"White Punks on Dope" with Quay Lewd.....unbelievable. 

74437848-SLD-001-0035.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 1:08 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

"Only slide i ever played on was a slide guitar" by The Hamsters, Essex Rodent Rockers, seen em loadsa times over the years in Southampton Brook live music venue. F......brill imo, sadly no longer performing but i got a couple of their CD's which i regularly play.

Saw them in Watford a few years ago....used to have the T shirt...not sure if I still have it,if I have I'll post a pic.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, galenkia said:

Came across this last night.Lyndsey's finger picking is amazing,such an underrated yet brilliant guitarist.

He does all of his electric guitar work with his fingers too, like Mark Knopfler and Robbie Krieger...pretty amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/18/2019 at 2:06 AM, galenkia said:

Came across this last night.Lyndsey's finger picking is amazing,such an underrated yet brilliant guitarist.

The guy is brilliant. Underrated probably, great.... yes. 

Their album sales reflect that. I've loved all of Macs music from the very beginning. Hard to imagine them without him, but they will carry on and probably continue with spectacular stuff. I've never seen a band morph and change for such a long time and continuously/consistantly produce such wonderful music.

On 16 August 2019 at 1:08 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Agreed ,brilliant band the Hamsters. Seen them twice at Colne Municipal Hall where they played a Jimi Hendrix/ ZZTop set. Nice guys aswell. 

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Agreed ,brilliant band the Hamsters. Seen them twice at Colne Municipal Hall where they played a Jimi Hendrix/ ZZTop set. Nice guys aswell. 

Yeah what i love about tribute bands is the easy opportunity to chat with them at the bar, had chats with Slim from The Hamsters, real nice guy and very talented. Their JH and ZZ Top sets were brill, i miss em but i got their CD's.   

5 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Have a lookie/listen to this JB song, i think its brill, what i admire is the 2 drummers playing in sync, i've never seen it before, starts at 3.25. What a guitarist JB is and i watch/listen to his RAH performance regularly, just love him.

Adam and the Ants had two drummers, so did Showaddywaddy iirc 😉