• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
john luke

Should I upgrade from an iPhone 6 to iPhone XR?

How heavy is the XR in comparison to the 6? Asking as I've just gone from an 8 to Xs and to be honest I'm not impressed with the increase in weigh. Other than that I'm happy.

1 hour ago, john luke said:

Should I upgrade from an iPhone 6 to iPhone XR?

You can have my old Galaxy A5 for 100 quid, John.

3 hours ago, Starshine said:

You can have my old Galaxy A5 for 100 quid, John.

Your generosity  is magnanimous.

What kind of upgrade is it..?

I have a iPhone 6 and its nearly out of its contract but I'm not renewing it and then i'll just pay line rental and my usage.

I bought the phone outright a few years ago when I was working.  I pay under £17 for a SIM card only deal with EE.  It is just an upgrade to a more modern phone.  I would buy the new phone on Amazon.  In the long term that is a lot cheaper than a pay monthly deal for phone and SIM card.

1 hour ago, john luke said:

I bought the phone outright a few years ago when I was working.  I pay under £17 for a SIM card only deal with EE.  It is just an upgrade to a more modern phone.  I would buy the new phone on Amazon.  In the long term that is a lot cheaper than a pay monthly deal for phone and SIM card.

John

It really depends on whether your current phone isn't doing something, or not doing something satisfactorily, that a new phone would do.

If that isn't the case, why change?

I think you are paying too much for your current contract. If you sign-up in January, Sky will give you unlimited calls and texts, plus 2Gb of data, a month for £6. Sky piggy-backs on the o2 platform. I've just moved on to that contract after being 20 years with the previous supplier. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was and to keep my number.

Cheers.

Baz

P.S. Edited in

If you DO decide to buy a new phone, you might consider waiting to do so for a few months when 5G-ready models should start appearing.

Edited by Bazel
  • Great Info 1

45 minutes ago, Bazel said:

John

It really depends on whether your current phone isn't doing something, or not doing something satisfactorily, that a new phone would do.

If that isn't the case, why change?

I think you are paying too much for your current contract. If you sign-up in January, Sky will give you unlimited calls and texts, plus 2Gb of data, a month for £6. Sky piggy-backs on the o2 platform. I've just moved on to that contract after being 20 years with the previous supplier. I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was and to keep my number.

Cheers.

Baz

+1

How heavy is the XR in comparison to the 6? Asking as I've just gone from an 8 to Xs and to be honest I'm not impressed with the increase in weigh. Other than that I'm happy.
It will only be a few more grams in ya man bag mate..... go for it !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I was on the SE , loving the new XS , the camera is fantastic 

Same me. I upgraded to the iPhone XS Max a couple of months ago. Apart from the camera, the screen and resolution and colours are amazing!!

Getting ready to upgrade from Samsung 5, to a 9. And dumping Tmobile.

Need to trade in the 5 while I can still get something for it. Whole system sucks.

On 1/24/2019 at 4:59 PM, Stillearly said:

I was on the SE , loving the new XS , the camera is fantastic 

Yep, I upgraded to the Xs and this is exactly what I found too. It's really fast and nice to use, the screen is fantastic, good battery life and camera is surprisingly good - and I say that as a keen photographer.

On 1/23/2019 at 7:37 PM, Bazel said:

If you DO decide to buy a new phone, you might consider waiting to do so for a few months when 5G-ready models should start appearing.

This doesn't matter if John wants to stick with an iPhone. Apple are really slow at upgrading to the latest generation. It is doubtful that the next round of iPhone will have 5g and they are about eight months away. The latest iPhones work on a type of 4g that is up to three times faster than before.

15 hours ago, misteregg said:

Camera is far better and you get waterproofing and wireless charging.!

But value for money ... no way .. and I am not so sure the camera is far better ....

My iPhone Xs has just gone through a whites wash and half way through the drying cycle and apart from the screen saver peeled off it is actually still working.

image.jpg

Must remember to insure this bloody thing.

image.jpg

image.jpg