Oman.....Heathrow

RR007

Friend just departed Heathrow on their morning flight to Muscat and onwards to Bangkok. Said he never seen such an empty flight. I've used that sector previously alone and with him and been very busy. He will let me know about the Muscat Bangkok sector later as regards pax

10 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Used Oman over Xmas, thought they were a decent Airline actually, would certainly use them again. You can use the lounge at Muscat for 3 hours for ~£40, I certainly got my money’s worth 🤣

Yes we both have their Silver status so Biz check in counters, lounges at heathrow muscat and Bangkok plus the usual fringe benefits additional weight allowances 40kg for us etc

They use Gulf lounge at heathrow and their own  in Muscat (brand new terminal last March) and their own at Bangkok

Edited by RR007

6 minutes ago, KWA said:

Their lounge in BKK is also available to Priority Pass card holders.

Was very happy to find beef sausage on offer at breakfast time in there. Not square but definitely better than chicken sausages that are the usual replacement for pork.

Damn thought you were talking about Heathrow there.

The BKK one, do they use miracle lounges?

6 minutes ago, Painter said:

They had their own in bkk when I last flew with them.... probably 3 or 4 years ago

2 minutes ago, KWA said:

Priority Pass lets you use any off the Miracle Lounges, the Oman one, the KLM/Air France and the Blue Ribbon ones in Bangkok.

Just found a review of Oman's lounge in Suvarnabhumi and it looks not bad.

4 hours ago, RR007 said:

Friend just departed Heathrow on their morning flight to Muscat and onwards to Bangkok. Said he never seen such an empty flight. I've used that sector previously alone and with him and been very busy. He will let me know about the Muscat Bangkok sector later as regards pax

Just flew into BKK 5 days ago. 

BA to Doha and Qatar airways from Doha to Bangkok. Couldn’t have been more than 50 passengers in economy on either flights!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Just found a review of Oman's lounge in Suvarnabhumi and it looks not bad.

Yes its fine. Not the biggest but everything you want is there. Their new biz lounge in Muscat is a cracker overlooking runway if you want to. Very big because catering for all biz passengers from all airlines plus Oman Gold and Silver card holders

• 2 weeks later...

Ok flew them Thursday. Evening out of Heathrow was 100% full, economy was overbooked by 14 but not aware of any denied boardings

Muscat Bangkok was around 95% full I had spare seat beside me so not too shabby. They're not even coming around with a pre meal drink on London- Muscat sector. Straight into main meal with drinks then. Nothing to stop you going to the back and asking as I did several times though for a coolie

• Like 1

Flew Oman Air LHR-BKK & back in 2010 & got caught up in the volcano in Iceland closing European airspace.

Unlike most airlines Oman Air put us up in a hotel in BKK.

Had 7 nights full board in the Radisson,a very nice experience indeed.

I worked for over 8 years in Oman,nice country & nice people.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 12:50 AM, bob lt said:

I've flown the evening flight LHR-MCT-BKK many times but next month I'm trying the morning one. Hope they have breakfast makings in the lounge, I guess no bacon.

20171009_173626.thumb.jpg.c1e669b064774a09c89d8de6ed95d099.jpg

No bacon but on my last visit they had beef sausages which for me is a great upgrade on chicken sausages.

Photos of food in Gulf lounge in the morning here...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thinkingallowed said:

No bacon but on my last visit they had beef sausages which for me is a great upgrade on chicken sausages.

Photos of food in Gulf lounge in the morning here...

I've had the chicken sausages on board Oman Air, they are rank, but the beef ones on board are pretty awful too. I am sure breakfast in the lounge will be infinitely better than on the plane. A few glasses of champagne will wash it down nicely.

For those that are unaware, Oman use the Gulf lounge and I think it is a comfortable place to kill a few hours, get something to eat and drink.

Evening pics below.

Image00632.jpg

Image00633.jpg

Image00631.jpg

Image00634.jpg

Image00629.jpg

Image00635.jpg

25 minutes ago, bob lt said:

I've had the chicken sausages on board Oman Air, they are rank, but the beef ones on board are pretty awful too. I am sure breakfast in the lounge will be infinitely better than on the plane. A few glasses of champagne will wash it down nicely.

For those that are unaware, Oman use the Gulf lounge and I think it is a comfortable place to kill a few hours, get something to eat and drink.

Evening pics below.

Image00632.jpg

Image00633.jpg

Image00631.jpg

Image00634.jpg

Image00629.jpg

Image00635.jpg

There is no such thing as a good chicken sausage.

• Thumbs Up 2

I can recommend Oman's business class, not quite as good as Qatar but not too far off, and usually +/-500 quid cheaper. I've flown with them a few times and will be happy to do so again as long as the price is right. A big difference now that the new terminal is open in Muscat and there's no more being bussed across the apron.

• Thumbs Up 1