Oman.....Heathrow

RR007

I'm seriously going to put a rocket up Omans arse when I get home. Despite 3 emails telling me previously that they had changed their website to allow both seat assignments for both sectors from 48 hours from wheels up yet again they havent done it

Managed to change first sector to aisle FOC but again cannot change 2nd sector from a window seat without paying.  To ensure that at least the first sector is confirmed with seat you need to click on "check in confirmed"

I had a heated but polite discussion with station manager in Bangkok in December who promised it was a glitch and was being put right. Exactly the same issue on flights out here in first place. Absolute joke. I'm Silver so will check in at business and speak "nicely" to change it lol

Edited by RR007

35 minutes ago, RR007 said:

I'm seriously going to put a rocket up Omans arse when I get home. Despite 3 emails telling me previously that they had changed their website to allow both seat assignments for both sectors from 48 hours from wheels up yet again they havent done it

Managed to change first sector to aisle FOC but again cannot change 2nd sector from a window seat without paying.  To ensure that at least the first sector is confirmed with seat you need to click on "check in confirmed"

I had a heated but polite discussion with station manager in Bangkok in December who promised it was a glitch and was being put right. Exactly the same issue on flights out here in first place. Absolute joke. I'm Silver so will check in at business and speak "nicely" to change it lol

Is this one of those where you have to wait 48 hour from the second flight to change both seats?

2 minutes ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Is this one of those where you have to wait 48 hour from the second flight to change both seats?

Yes it is but Oman had so many complaints they were "supposed" to be dealing with it last October. Its a farcical situation. The issue now is I cant go back into the system around 5pm local time tonight to change the 2nd sector because you need to click on "check in confirmed" to actually verify the first.

At the moment I'm in window seat and thats not happening lol. 8 hours I will be stood at the back. Will speak nicely at check in

Theres going to be uproar in the most polite way at check in tomorrow if Oman cant sort their website out and themselves. Fortunately I've got 3 screen grabs of their website error

Just how fxxxxxx difficult can it to be to change a seat assignment on the trumpet. Two calls to ticketing and reservation in Bangkok 1 call to airport office and one call back to Oman global in London. All waffling "cannot" have to wait to check in

Emailed them politely in Bangkok and got back "seat assignment cannot be changed due to airport check in process" I'm thinking WTF is the matter with this crew. Am currently in 44k on their Dreamliner with their shight 31" seat pitch, the back row in a window seat which doesnt recline because its the final row lol.

Last ever trip with these tossers bin the Silver card just not worth the hassle

Edited by RR007

26 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Theres going to be uproar in the most polite way at check in tomorrow if Oman cant sort their website out and themselves. Fortunately I've got 3 screen grabs of their website error

Just how fxxxxxx difficult can it to be to change a seat assignment on the trumpet. Two calls to ticketing and reservation in Bangkok 1 call to airport office and one call back to Oman global in London. All waffling "cannot" have to wait to check in

Emailed them politely in Bangkok and got back "seat assignment cannot be changed due to airport check in process" I'm thinking WTF is the matter with this crew. Am currently in 44k on their Dreamliner with their shight 31" seat pitch, the back row in a window seat which doesnt recline because its the final row lol.

Last ever trip with these tossers bin the Silver card just not worth the hassle

If you are on WY101 tomorrow then presently you have an empty seat beside you...

7F078034-5944-48DE-B3F9-B51C37C4F14F.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/7/2019 at 4:33 AM, RR007 said:

I picked all of my seats when I made the booking. Disappointed that I now cannot enter the assignment section to check if better seats may be available. Apparently my booking doesn't allow seat assignments now.

11 hours ago, bob lt said:

I picked all of my seats when I made the booking. Disappointed that I now cannot enter the assignment section to check if better seats may be available. Apparently my booking doesn't allow seat assignments now.

For only the 4th time ever I actually used Airlines own website so you'd think they'd be more accomodating. Am just packing up now for taxi 04.45 local

Sorted. Went much earlier than normal though just in case. Will be filing complaint with Oman when home because they have known about this online check in problem since October last year but seem incapable of rectifying it

15 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

If you are on WY101 tomorrow then presently you have an empty seat beside you...

7F078034-5944-48DE-B3F9-B51C37C4F14F.png

WY 101 is nine seats overbooked in economy today check in girl just said

The days of Oman being a little boutique airline to Bangkok are long gone. Both sectors not a spare seat to be seen and as I boarded last both sectors I could see Biz was rammed as well. Trouble for me they switched their roomy A330s on both sectors to Dreamliners with a big drop in seat pitch.

Unimpressed with food (and normally dont give a monkeys) staff are surly and sod me they had all Russian flight crew bar one lead Omani as CSD on Muscat London sector (they recently introduced Moscow service)

They have expanded so much with new routes that the feeder flights to Muscat are heaving

Edited by RR007

Good luck with the rocket.  I sincerely hope it produces results.  

Somebody seems to have done a sloppy job on the database.  Pissing off the customers can't make commercial sense.

I'm doing the same trip on Wednesday evening, and this seems to have worked for me:

1. 48 hours before the first flight, I started the check-in process and selected a seat.
2. I then closed the window without completing the check-in.
3. 48 hours before the second flight, I started the check-in process again. My original seat selection was still there, so I could select a seat for the onward flight and complete check-in.

It's fiddly and a nuisance, but as a work-around, it mjght help someone else.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, cosceguinhas said:

Good luck with the rocket.  I sincerely hope it produces results.  

Somebody seems to have done a sloppy job on the database.  Pissing off the customers can't make commercial sense.

I'm doing the same trip on Wednesday evening, and this seems to have worked for me:

1. 48 hours before the first flight, I started the check-in process and selected a seat.
2. I then closed the window without completing the check-in.
3. 48 hours before the second flight, I started the check-in process again. My original seat selection was still there, so I could select a seat for the onward flight and complete check-in.

It's fiddly and a nuisance, but as a work-around, it mjght help someone else.

They have already responded once via Auto receipt response and also a short live email after explaining the process going forward

Your way clearly is the way forward if as you say it leaves the first sector choice within the system and then you can choose the 2nd sector. Its a work around I agree nice one

Edited by RR007

14 minutes ago, RR007 said:

They have already responded once via Auto receipt response and also a short live email after explaining the process going forward

Your way clearly is the way forward if as you say it leaves the first sector choice within the system and then you can choose the 2nd sector. Its a work around I agree nice one

We must hope it's only temporary.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, cosceguinhas said:

We must hope it's only temporary.

Absolutely hopefully they can see the folly of the current set up. My complaint more than anything was 4 phone calls to 3 offices one of which was Oman Global and an email all returned/responded with "cannot change"....absolute lunacy

• 7 months later...

Further to that post above of mine has anyone used Oman since and experienced the lunacy of the check in system online ??  I was going to wait until November 1st to book but instead I did earlier this week.

All my emails to them previously were answered with "we strive to give a better experience"

Have they sorted it out ?? Namely being able to pick both sector seats at the 48 hour opening of 1st sector wheels up ??  One of my friends is on them few days before me and we mentioned it

Edited by RR007

On 10/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, Freee!! said:

They strive, but not one word about succeeding even the least bit.

I emailed them over the weekend and got a response this morning that basically says nothing changed. Absolutely hopeless because the flyer forums are of the same opinion.

Last time I'm flying with these jokers. Have used them over 20 times exclusively to Thailand bar Eva once since first using them in 2013 and they have got progressively worse.

Edited by RR007

Don't email them, that gets no further than the "person" answering that email. Complain on social media so it has a severe impact on their reputation even with non-customers. That will also reach the C-level ivory tower residents (and from there the shit flows down).

I don't have problems with Oman Air, but then again I fly business class. I do strongly dislike the security staff at Muscat airport though. The ridiculous security screening after you get off the plane is just completely OTT. I find them rude and loutish. On my last flight I had a bottle of duty free champagne that I’d bought in Heathrow T4, all safely packaged and sealed with the receipt visible inside, yet still they tried to give me the third degree about it.

A year or two back a fellow BC traveller from BKK to LHR had a couple of bungee cords in his hand baggage (in their original packaging). The security screening showed these up and the way the guards reacted you’d swear he had a loaded gun in his bag. He was given the seventh degree for that. Don’t they have motorbikes and bungee cords in bloody Oman?

These wankers could learn a thing or two from the (usually) polite Thai security staff at Swampy.

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I don't have problems with Oman Air, but then again I fly business class. I do strongly dislike the security staff at Muscat airport though. The ridiculous security screening after you get off the plane is just completely OTT. I find them rude and loutish. On my last flight I had a bottle of duty free champagne that I’d bought in Heathrow T4, all safely packaged and sealed with the receipt visible inside, yet still they tried to give me the third degree about it.

A year or two back a fellow BC traveller from BKK to LHR had a couple of bungee cords in his hand baggage (in their original packaging). The security screening showed these up and the way the guards reacted you’d swear he had a loaded gun in his bag. He was given the seventh degree for that. Don’t they have motorbikes and bungee cords in bloody Oman?

These wankers could learn a thing or two from the (usually) polite Thai security staff at Swampy.

You've hit on my sole pet hate with all airline travellers at security and their inability in 99% of cases to realise its jackets off belts off laptops out and no metal objects in your pockets. I surely cant be the only sod that dumps it all on the scanner tray and walks straight through without even looking at security knowing full well I'm clean. Shit it does annoy me lol

Edited by RR007

15 hours ago, Freee!! said:

Don't email them, that gets no further than the "person" answering that email. Complain on social media so it has a severe impact on their reputation even with non-customers. That will also reach the C-level ivory tower residents (and from there the shit flows down).

lol they simply blocked me from commenting on all their feeds that came up on my timelines on FB despite me being polite

6 hours ago, RR007 said:

lol they simply blocked me from commenting on all their feeds that came up on my timelines on FB despite me being polite

But they can't block you on Twitter and the like. And neither can they block you from posting comments on your own FB page.

18 hours ago, RR007 said:

You've hit on my sole pet hate with all airline travellers at security and their inability in 99% of cases to realise its jackets off belts off laptops out and no metal objects in your pockets. I surely cant be the only sod that dumps it all on the scanner tray and walks straight through without even looking at security knowing full well I'm clean. Shit it does annoy me lol

On my latest exit through terminal 4 at Heathrow I had all my electronics out of my carry on case ready. I was told to go right to the end and on arrival I was told to put them all back in my carry on as the new style scanners were being tested.