A great little bar in Koh Chang

alfazulu

Before Sai and I got to Baz's bar we had dinner on our Hotel's beach restaurant and there was a fire show.  

IMG20190213191138.jpg      

IMG20190213191156.jpg

Fire Show.jpg

IMG20190213220425.jpg

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

Before Sai and I got to Baz's bar we had dinner on our Hotel's beach restaurant and there was a fire show.  

Fire Show.jpg

Cracking pic, Danny

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Jambo said:

IMG20190213191138.jpg      

IMG20190213191156.jpg

Fire Show.jpg

IMG20190213220425.jpg

Good on ya Dan! would be awesome for a 247 members weekend piss up excursion.

It was farewell to Koh Chang this morning.

Had a great wee trip away with Sai.

As ths car ferry pulled away

ferry.jpg

I noticed these trees growing happily in the sea.

IMG20190216083050.jpg

I did not know that trees could grow and flourish in seawater?

I don't think I have ever seen trees in seawater ever before.

It caused Sai and I to have a 60 second in depth discussion about adaptation, mutation, genetics, global warming and brexit.

I summed up by stating that I was a 3 million year example of the process of the survival of the fittest.

Dan Koh Chang.jpg

fooking scary that!  :default_crazy:

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2019 at 9:36 PM, Jambo said:

Hi Alf,

I have been meaning for ages to get away for a few days with Sai and Alf your topic has inspired me to do just that and this week.

Been before with Sai to Koh Chang and enjoyed it but not where we stayed in WSB.

So we will be staying near to you at Koh Chang Resort which looks okay and is on the beach.

Three night stay from Wednesday so look forward to seeing you again.

Danny

Hi Jambo,

How did you rate the Koh Chang Resort and do you have a link to the place as there are a few places with similar names.

Cheers Groggy.

Edited by thegrogmonster

33 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Hi Jambo,

How did you rate the Koh Chang Resort and do you have a link to the place as there are a few places with similar names.

Cheers Groggy.

I booked it through Expedia as they had a good offer on at the time. If you enter "Koh Chang Resort" into their booking site it should throw up the right hotel.

It was okay but the big downer for me was the fact that the internet in the room was terrible. We had to use Sai's phone as a "hot spot" so I could connect my lap top.

They advertise the rooms as having a flat screen TV which is incorrect. As it happens I did not take my media player but I would have been well pissed off if I had wanted to watch  the Gooners. On the other hand, as the internet was so poor I would not have been able to get connected anyway.

Food was  good and we loved eating on the tables on the beach. No mossies at all.

Drinks at the Hotel's beach Bar were reasonably priced.

The private beach got very busy during the day and by 10.00am all the sun beds had been taken. We just moved ourselves to the adjacent beach. The beds were not as comfortable but okay for us.

If you stay there make sure you book a room or bungalow on the beach side of the road. The "Hillside" rooms on the other side of the main drag are up a bloody steep hill.

In all honesty, I  would not go back to that particular hotel unless I was absolutely certain they had improved the internet. I need to log into the reservation system for an hour or two each day but if that is not a factor then it is not a bad location.

You will need your own transport to get around.

Edited by Jambo
  • Great Info 2

1 minute ago, Jambo said:

I booked it through Expedia as they had a good offer on at the time. If you enter "Koh Chang Resort" into their booking site it should throw up the right hotel.

It was okay but the big downer for me was the fact that the internet in the room was terrible. We had to use Sai's phone as a "hot spot" so I could connect my lap top.

They advertise the rooms as having a flat screen TV which is incorrect. As it happens I did not take my media player but I would have been well pissed off if I had wanted to watch  the Gooners. On the other hand, as the internet was so poor I would not have been able to get connected anyway.

Food was  good and we loved eating on the tables on the beach. No mossies at all.

The private beach got very busy during the day and by 10.00am all the sun beds had been taken. We just moved ourselves to the adjacent beach. The beds were not as comfortable but okay for us.

If you stay there make sure you book a room or bungalow on the beach side of the road. The "Hillside" rooms on the other side of the main drag are up a bloody steep hill.

In all honesty, I  would not go back to that particular hotel unless I was absolutely certain they had improved the internet. I need to log into the reservation system of an hour or two each day but if that is not a factor then it is not a bad location.

Thanks for the good reply.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

In all honesty, I  would not go back to that particular hotel unless I was absolutely certain they had improved the internet. I need to log into the reservation system for an hour or two each day but if that is not a factor then it is not a bad location.

Does that mean you're continuing to run the hotel side...... great news for any newbies...... but hopefully they can do a refit to get you out into the reception area

13 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Does that mean you're continuing to run the hotel side...... great news for any newbies...... but hopefully they can do a refit to get you out into the reception area

There is no change to the Hotel which continues as Secrets Hotel.

All receive a personal service at [email protected] 🙂

• Like 1