A great little bar in Koh Chang

alfazulu

Hi Alf,

I have been meaning for ages to get away for a few days with Sai and Alf your topic has inspired me to do just that and this week.

Been before with Sai to Koh Chang and enjoyed it but not where we stayed in WSB.

So we will be staying near to you at Koh Chang Resort which looks okay and is on the beach.

Three night stay from Wednesday so look forward to seeing you again.

Danny

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tommy dee said:

great photos, i wish i was that good, surely not with a phone cam?  

You're just being modest 😊   Not a fan of the drive either, especially when I had to drive the owner's monster HILUX but with a nice little car it could be quite enjoyable

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Hi Alf,

I have been meaning for ages to get away for a few days with Sai and Alf your topic has inspired me to do just that and this week.

Been before with Sai to Koh Chang and enjoyed it but not where we stayed in WSB.

So we will be staying near to you at Koh Chang Resort which looks okay and is on the beach.

Three night stay from Wednesday so look forward to seeing you again.

Danny

It will be great, Danny, That hotel is right next door to my favorite beach where I usually go on a daily basis. Looking forward seeing you and Sai on Wednesday

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Is it family friendly?

I mean for children, and to get around with a small child, or would it be difficult and they would get bored easy?

There are a lot of things to do for kids. Many young couples around with small children

• Great Info 1

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Too true Alfa, we were staying at WSB and wanted a BB back there from the little bar complex further up the main road, 200bht and this was 10 years ago for a circa 3/4 mile ride, we walked lol

I only took the baht bus once with M. when we were invited to a party and it was on the other side of the roller coaster so we didn't want to chance it. It was quite a long drive and cost us 300 each but the guy was on standby and came back to pick us up about 3 hours later

8 hours ago, Mrmango said:

Tell us more please.

What is the bar fine there and are their nice hotels? rates?

And is there naughty things you can do in the bars?

Barfines are a standard 300 short and 500 long time.  I nearly fell off the chair when my best 19 years old quoted 1000 for ST, they usually get the 2000 short and the 3 LT but that latter is negotiable. As the bars are mostly open to the road, you may do naughty things at you discretion or as the object of desire permits. I prefer to do that in the privacy of the room, being a rather shy fucker, myself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I said before bar owners have a special relationship with each other, birthdays or whatever parties are a must to attend and the majority of them get along just fine. (Some with a baseball bat but we all got our assholes), the majority are really nice guys. There are lots of Germans, a few Swedes, Norwegians, Australians, French, and of course British and Americans. There are days when you do a private bar crawl which is usually highly appreciated and returned. I remember days when about the 2/3rd of our income came from other bar owners. We are like a happy family here.

PA270204.jpg

PA270184.jpg

PA270200.jpg

PA270290.jpg

1 hour ago, alfazulu said:

Barfines are a standard 300 short and 500 long time.  I nearly fell off the chair when my best 19 years old quoted 1000 for ST, they usually get the 2000 short and the 3 LT but that latter is negotiable. As the bars are mostly open to the road, you may do naughty things at you discretion or as the object of desire permits. I prefer to do that in the privacy of the room, being a rather shy fucker, myself...