question for blokes a bit more brainer than i

grayray

fellow board members,

if I have some banter with some of our English members,you know just a bit of friendly Pommy bashing between a aussie of higher education like myself,and those lower class pommy bastards,:default_8xz0nAiNM9Hi2o9.jpg:

would it be seen as "baiting" or just some harmless banter that has been going on between our two homelands,

think yanks have never got the craic that Aussies and UK citizens call mateship.:default_239_fishing:

cause being on a short holiday since dec 2018 I've got a head of steam up:default_gathering:

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 1

we let nick rock deal with aussies, he has always wanted to be one, but got stuck on a small island because his parents didnt have the full fair to go  "All the way"  and hasnt managed the move since.  to be fair to our aussie pals, this board is always over supporting you based on your origin ( pickpockets and hookers deported) or the 10 quid someone spent to deport you in the 60s.  we understand your pain and will do our best to accomodate

( translates as.. if you say anything nasty about Brits we will decapitate you 😉 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Khun Ling said:

What is Rugby?

KL,

wash your mouth out :default_clapping:it is game played by gentlemen like ruffians/gangsters

15 a side with the all blacks the best in the world,

if i a true blue aussie had the chance to be the captain of any world sporting team it would be the All Blacks

redards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, grayray said:

KL,

wash your mouth out :default_clapping:it is game played by gentlemen like ruffians/gangsters

15 a side with the all blacks the best in the world,

if i a true blue aussie had the chance to be the captain of any world sporting team it would be the All Blacks

redards

grayray

I live in Melbourne. I do recall someone mentioning Rugby once before. Something about a bunch of blokes sniffing each other’s bums 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

ps. if anyone is a NSW resident let me know, I am doing a family tree thingy and plan to visit there one day ..Armidale is the place

Doubt they will let you in they have strict policy about letting in dubious wannabe undesirables to land ( us kiwis can stay as long as we want because we arnt wannabees

56 minutes ago, grayray said:

fellow board members,

if I have some banter with some of our English members,you know just a bit of friendly Pommy bashing between a aussie of higher education like myself,and those lower class pommy bastards,:default_8xz0nAiNM9Hi2o9.jpg:

would it be seen as "baiting" or just some harmless banter that has been going on between our two homelands,

think yanks have never got the craic that Aussies and UK citizens call mateship.:default_239_fishing:

cause being on a short holiday since dec 2018 I've got a head of steam up:default_gathering:

regards

grayray

A bit like when Dennis Lillee used to say to pommy batsmen.

I see what your problem is, you've got some shit on the end of your bat .... the other end mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, fygjam said:

He picked up The Beetrooter handle when he got his staffer up the duff.

Baaanaby had that nickname a while before he got his staffer up the duff. He earned it for his reputation for trying (and occasionally succeeding) to root almost anything in a skirt, remember the sexual harassment controversy. The nickname became better known when his actions became headlines, in spite of his "high moral stance" on many policy decisions.

Pity we could not give him back to the kiwis, they were too smart for that.

8 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Baaanaby had that nickname a while before he got his staffer up the duff. He earned it for his reputation for trying (and occasionally succeeding) to root almost anything in a skirt, remember the sexual harassment controversy. The nickname became better known when his actions became headlines, in spite of his "high moral stance" on many policy decisions.

Pity we could not give him back to the kiwis, they were too smart for that.

I wonder if someone will submit their recipe for beetrooter scones to the CWA cook book.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, fygjam said:

A bit like when Dennis Lillee used to say to pommy batsmen.

I see what your problem is, you've got some shit on the end of your bat .... the other end mate.

I'll wait until we play the Aussies at cricket . A bit of light hearted banter should be ok . But, I'll not start any unless we are winning ! :default_blushing:

On 2/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, grayray said:

The mods and admin here are generally not yanks, but rather lower forms of life like Brits, so the people with the mod buttons will be up to speed on that peculiar sense of "humor" (<- note correct spelling). 

Just ripping the mickey of course.  kissing.gif

BTW, note that most of us yanks on here will have been on other Thai boards, and will be up to speed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

The mods and admin here are generally not yanks, but rather lower forms of life like Brits, so the people with the mod buttons will be up to speed on that peculiar sense of "humor" (<- note correct spelling). 

Just ripping the mickey of course.  kissing.gif

BTW, note that most of us yanks on here will have been on other Thai boards, and will be up to speed.

RR,

the OP was just me taking the piss,but yanks do not get the finer points of craic that can go on between uperclass aussies and the those blokes over there near the that wee place where my mighty convict ancestors started out from back in 1812M and1815F child really 11 yrsold she needed to blow her poor cold wrecked nose,so borrowed the mistresses hanky,fcuking toffee nose old git send her down for 12 hard years

13 when she landed in Eden known as Australia now,poor wee lass was well used by some brute of a English bastard on the way out here. filled her little bellie full of arms and legs.

one of her granddaughters was my granny,and on my mothers side i had a right old hard granny straight out of Glasgow slums.tough old biddies in my family tree,my sisters [4] all inherit their toughness especially the 2nd youngest spitfire as kid shit straight in,when all the kids in street maybe 40+ would get up the common on a summers night and play redrover crossover under the street lights,she would be right in the middle giving it out, the adults used to cheer her on.

sorry fellas a bit of carry on, how that all come back I don't know when most times I can just about remember my families names.

but yourse get my drift

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ray,

How about bashing between Americans and Aussies? Is is true that Crocodile Dundee really exists? LOL! 

You still have never posted pics of you banging Elle McPherson back in the day, I am still waiting.

Edited by Yessongs

• 2 years later...
On 2/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, fygjam said:

TheBeetRooter.jpg

The Beetrooter is back...

Barnaby Joyce reclaims Nationals leadership after Michael McCormack spill

Barnaby Joyce has been re-elected Nationals leader after a leadership spill in Canberra today.