Share Tips...

RR007

Firstly am aware that at the moment am a random stranger but am a futures trader of 34 years (not a make believe youtube one like our Soi 6 friend ) and in addition hold decent portfolio of stocks mainly British Oilers and Energy stocks. I'm quite successful. If guys are interested am happy to put up the occasional share tip. They will be few and far between though. Any stock I suggest I will already be invested or about to.

I absolutely wont ramp a stock on a pump and dump basis I make that clear.  If theres positive feedback to OP I will pop up 1 or 2 but only if there is interest obviously

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

I am "playing" little bit the NYSE, very amateurish and never touched things like options or futures. Not a trader, more like a medium / long term investor.

Nothing on any European stock market because of tax reasons. Played a bit the HKG market, but not easy to do it seriously due to lack on general info in English. But I do know a few basics.

• Thumbs Up 1

Few people have shown slight interest so try this one

UK Oil & Gas Investments (ukog)

Ukog are the company who own a large stake in the "Gatwick Gusher" oil find near Londons 2nd airport. The SP has had a turbulent time the last couple years with both good and disappointing news hitting the company but the signs are that they are on the cusp of something big with the already signalled "commercial" status of the well at Horse Hill

Currently undergoing an extended well test and sending daily around 3 tankers of crude to the refinary in Fawley. Approval has been already granted for drilling a 4 well octopus pad at Horse Hill (likely in April) in addition to the existing well with a full production licence having been applied for and expected granted in 2019.

Because approval has now been given for the extension of the existing well test its anticipated that oil revenues will continue daily until full production licence is granted. There are other areas for which ukog hold licences currently which if successful will make ukog the biggest onshore oil producer after Wytch farm oil field in the uk

This is not a share for widows and orphans. In my opinion there is very little downside from the current share price of 1.68p (thats pennies) because of the commercial status already assigned but as with all AIM stocks it carries risks obviously

I currently own 596,000 shares with an average price of 1.54p for clarity

This is a 12 months minimum hold. Plenty more info if you google the company and read up on the RNS reports

• Great Info 2

46 minutes ago, Baldylocks said:

Wish I knew how to have a dabble.

I'd recommend Hargreaves Landsdown as a broker probably the biggest in the country as a starting point. Not the cheapest but for the few pounds extra dealing costs you get the best in my opinion. Was and has been a FTSE 100 company for an extensive time

https://www.hl.co.uk/

Edited by RR007
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

Wish I knew how to have a dabble.

Two suggestions and 1 Caution -

1) Consider Index Funds or Exchange Traded Funds (ETF's) rather then individual stocks. You do need to do your homework though on these - look for low cost reputable ETF's that invest in actuals rather then paper.

But more broadly you should come up with a broad plan covering the how, what, when etc.

It sounds a bit daunting initially but also reveals the type of things you should know before committing your hard earnt to the markets. Stuff like how will you measure success or failure. at what point will you say I got this one wrong and sell?

You might want to have a look at some article on the following site. I have no association with them just have been on their email list for some years -

http://www.alphaim.net/

This is a recent article -

http://www.alphaim.net/power_newsletter.html

2) Have a good look around here - Plenty of free article etc

https://stockcharts.com/articles/

Take your time, think about it ?

The caution ? - Consider where we are in the current economic cycle, plenty of Economic Clocks and articles around.

Attached is one from Brit, James Montier from GMO a Boston-based fund manager with $US99 billion in funds under management,  co-founded by highly regarded veteran Jeremy Grantham (another Brit with US citzenship I think).

The article is titled - Late Cycle Lament: The Dual Economy, Minsky Moments, and Other Concerns

Finally I'm just pointing you to general ideas etc nothing more - its up to you

BTW a google Finance link to that Energy referred to by the OP -

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=fin&ei=OJlgXJG4KcHnvASkvb2oDw&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgecRozi3w8sc9YSm9SWtOXmPU4OIKzsgvd80rySypFJLiYoOyBKT4uHj00_UNK3OMMyxLijJ4AAkYMKg8AAAA&q=LON%3A+UKOG&oq=LON%3A+UKOG&gs_l=finance-immersive.1.0.81i8k1.16280.16280.0.17964.1.1.0.0.0.0.167.167.0j1.1.0....0...1c.2.64.finance-immersive..0.1.166....0.maYMNSSL9-M#scso=_S5lgXMm1JIr_vgT_7IAI2:0

Good luck - please do your homework and preparation carefully.

GMO the-late-cycle-lament-minsky-moments-&-other.pdf

Edited by Zeb
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

My portfolio of mainly high tech stocks had a great run into 2018, then tanked 2nd half of last year but has mostly recovered only 1,5 months into this year. 

Always interested in a good tip, especially outside of my field, cheers. 

On 2/10/2019 at 10:48 AM, RR007 said:

Few people have shown slight interest so try this one

UK Oil & Gas Investments (ukog)

Ukog are the company who own a large stake in the "Gatwick Gusher" oil find near Londons 2nd airport. The SP has had a turbulent time the last couple years with both good and disappointing news hitting the company but the signs are that they are on the cusp of something big with the already signalled "commercial" status of the well at Horse Hill

Currently undergoing an extended well test and sending daily around 3 tankers of crude to the refinary in Fawley. Approval has been already granted for drilling a 4 well octopus pad at Horse Hill (likely in April) in addition to the existing well with a full production licence having been applied for and expected granted in 2019.

Because approval has now been given for the extension of the existing well test its anticipated that oil revenues will continue daily until full production licence is granted. There are other areas for which ukog hold licences currently which if successful will make ukog the biggest onshore oil producer after Wytch farm oil field in the uk

This is not a share for widows and orphans. In my opinion there is very little downside from the current share price of 1.68p (thats pennies) because of the commercial status already assigned but as with all AIM stocks it carries risks obviously

I currently own 596,000 shares with an average price of 1.54p for clarity

This is a 12 months minimum hold. Plenty more info if you google the company and read up on the RNS reports

Is it correct their shares were well over 100 GBP per share around 2004? 

Looks a good tip given recent bull run, assuming it's not too late of course, so what would you say the target is?

20190211_212316.thumb.jpg.1b877219e1d6141ee28c10cce5615fc9.jpg

Screenshot_20190211-212607_Google.thumb.jpg.12682e1cc17bf4030d87d0748ed3d415.jpg

Esco

No the shares have never been £100. That price is pennies at 1.78 and not £1.78 just for clarity I may not have made that clear previously

Rose a little yesterday. As regards a target 4p will be my first top slice. Target time 1 year but I'd be very surprised if thats not hit before the Autumn of 2019 because of the sheer number of projects they are involved in

Not sure about that second graph as the header for UKOG indicates founded in 2013 in current set up

ukog.png

Edited by RR007

17 hours ago, RR007 said:

Esco

No the shares have never been £100. That price is pennies at 1.78 and not £1.78 just for clarity I may not have made that clear previously

Rose a little yesterday. As regards a target 4p will be my first top slice. Target time 1 year but I'd be very surprised if thats not hit before the Autumn of 2019 because of the sheer number of projects they are involved in

Not sure about that second graph as the header for UKOG indicates founded in 2013 in current set up

ukog.png

Ok so they must have been a quid then?

The 1st graph shows the full chart from IPO until now. The second graph shows the last 6 months. 

They're standard graphs from Google for the stock UKOG. 

4 hours ago, Esco said:

Ok so they must have been a quid then?

The 1st graph shows the full chart from IPO until now. The second graph shows the last 6 months. 

They're standard graphs from Google for the stock UKOG. 

Esco it would appear that prior to 2013 they were known as someone else and not in the oil business whatsoever and seem to have reinvented themselves in winter of 2013

Am not denying what the graph says as such. Important relevant stuff to this thread from this link onwards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_Oil_and_Gas

• 2 weeks later...

The second and last share I recommend for now is Empyrean Energy (EME)

Currently sat at 10.27p mid price it as with UKOG is strictly a 12 month hold. Projects on multiple fronts in Asia China indonesia and elsewhere

My view is a big rerate prior to Q3 but bear in mind that 12 months suggestion. I hold at 9.65p

I will review both stocks 3 monthly unless we see substational moves

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

• 1 month later...

3rd share and the last in which I invest in energy stocks

Have this morning bought Angus Energy (angs) investing £5,000 at 5.76p. Another Weald energy company in the uk which is sat on huge assets in the ground namely black gold at Brockham and Balcombe but with the issue of actually getting it out of the ground and water seperation which delayed work by 3 months at the former

I can assure the following is not a joke but British BMs with be aware of Lord Lucan and his disappearance in the 70s. I kid you not his son George Lucas is acting Managing Director of Angus which perhaps not surprisingly somewhat decimated the SP down from the 13s lol when it first came out

However he has turned the company around and Angus RNS this morning at 7am gave the timelines for April for ongoing work with rig expected at Brockham on 12th April

Again this is a 12 month share not for widows and orphans. Dont be put off by my other 2 stocks down as all these are 1 year timeframes for decent profit

Edited by RR007
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Thanks, RR.

What do you think of Polo Resources (POL) which looks to be vastly underpriced on a NAV basis, but has been that way for a long time?

Will have a look when have time no problem albeit not one am aware of off top of my head

Keep an eye on that Angus Energy who I invested in above on Wednesday. They issued a surprising RNS after hours last night announcing all approvals had been given and all systems go. It certainly wasnt expected quite yet. Expect a gap up on open Monday

On 4/3/2019 at 10:10 AM, Bazle said:

Thanks, RR.

What do you think of Polo Resources (POL) which looks to be vastly underpriced on a NAV basis, but has been that way for a long time?

It does appear somewhat undervalued Bazle I agree. I wouldnt average down if I had bought in higher but see no reason to offload if I was holding myself. Certainly a little flat over the course of the last 12 months

polo.png

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

How is UKog doing is it to late to invest now?

Ukog is down since I tipped but certainly not too late. As in February its a 12 month hold.  They are awaiting arrival of rig currently (literally like now) to drill 4 wells on existing Horse Hill site all approved and funded and over next 1-2 months have an application in for planning for 5 more wells waiting to be considered.

Its a "safe" longer term investment because they are already receiving daily income from the tankers leaving HH from the initial well with estimates of 25 years of production but in the short term expect volatility hence the orginal post of not for widows and ophans

Edited by RR007

Ukog is down since I tipped but certainly not too late. As in February its a 12 month hold.  They are awaiting arrival of rig currently (literally like now) to drill 4 wells on existing Horse Hill site all approved and funded and over next 1-2 months have an application in for planning for 5 more wells waiting to be considered.
Its a "safe" longer term investment because they are already receiving daily income from the tankers leaving HH from the initial well with estimates of 25 years of production but in the short term expect volatility hence the orginal post of not for widows and ophans
I am tempted but a niggle in back of my mind is the longterm dependence on oil. I see many countries moving to electric car, like China and UK, many more will follow. But as you say 12-24 months and then out at best point between.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

I am tempted but a niggle in back of my mind is the longterm dependence on oil. I see many countries moving to electric car, like China and UK, many more will follow. But as you say 12-24 months and then out at best point between.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

You've prompted me to mention Grand Tour 3 and one of the last episodes when they're doing one of their road trips and they came across 100s of nodding donkeys.  Probably some here saw it was within last 2-3 weeks but they went from car to car with Hamster Clarkson and May just stating what oil is used for and even I was flabbergasted at its uses and ended up with Hamster finally ending with ".....and of course petrol"

Staggering 100s and 100's of uses but we only tend to associate it with fuel

Yes oil has many uses, but I think transportation would be a volume use and a quick search found this.

In 2017, of the approximately 7.3 billion barrels of total U.S. petroleum consumption,47% was motor gasoline (includes ethanol), 20% was distillate fuel (heating oil and diesel fuel), and 8% was jet fuel.

I am away for the next 4 days, and when i come back I will track them to see if they continue to slide.  I think if they break the 1p barrier, they will slip all the way down to 0.5p a share and this is the time to buy.  On the other hand, if they rise steadily and hit the 1.30p I think then they will continue all the way to 2.0 -2.5p a share.  So at 1.30p, I am in!

How is that for some real good BS, from someone who does not have a clue what he is talking about.