Impressions from Koh Samet

CampariO

Just now, Steelers4Life said:

Brilliant Pics and Report. I stayed out there this past August for 3 days. I stayed at the bungalows at the end of Wong Duan beach down past Tom's Pizza. My only regret is I did not stay longer. Will next time though for maybe 7 days

Thanks.

Was it the C-Samed? I just booked there and will be on my way day after tomorrow for 3 nights.  

Conclusion: I am living since several years in Pattaya, but this was my first trip to Koh Samet.
The right place to  get away from it all. In future I will stay at some of the other beaches, Ao Wong Duean being on the cards in the next days.

For a longer trip I think I will rather choose Koh Chang, as there seems to be a bit more to do.

On the way back.

34969890vf.jpg

34969891zg.jpg

Thanks for watching.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1

13 minutes ago, CampariO said:

Thanks.

Was it the C-Samed? I just booked there and will be on my way day after tomorrow for 3 nights.  

It was called "Samed Cabana Resort". Good free breakfast buffet and restaurant. The the rooms were a bit tired, but ok for 3 nights. I am looking for something more upscale next time. I went out there with no reservations during low, low season so I just settled for the Cabana. I like the first bungalows over the hill at Wong Duan at the next beach over. Really nice as I had a look-see at the rooms. Forget the name but will have to look it up. 

Great thread, and love that yellow curry. Wife has family living down Sattahip way, we keep meaning to go there. 

But while it is s great thread, you mean to tell me you're on here over 4 hours and only contributed one thread?

Campo, sort yourself out, I need 8 more threads with pics by midnight. Or I'll send the kids round to wreck your car! 😁

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

But while it is s great thread, you mean to tell me you're on here over 4 hours and only contributed one thread?

Campo, sort yourself out, I need 8 more threads with pics by midnight. Or I'll send the kids round to wreck your car! 😁

Time out. Sorry Krapow, managed only 6 more threads. Had to drive the neighbor to the hospital, as her car broke down and she had to visit her boyfriend who had just undergone a 7 hour procedure.

Will try harder next time, so be easy on my car.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CampariO said:

Time out. Sorry Krapow, managed only 6 more threads. Had to drive the neighbor to the hospital, as her car broke down and she had to visit her boyfriend who had just undergone a 7 hour procedure.

Will try harder next time, so be easy on my car.

Knew you were gonna quote this post :default_biggrin: 

It's do for today I suppose :default_goodjob:

Great pics, thanks! I was there about a year ago (been a few times) and I generally spend a couple of days walking the length of the island and having a quick look at every beach. The road is now very good (it was full of massive pot-holes and reduced to rubble for a while in some sections) the whole length of the island but when you walk down through the forest to the beaches it is just full of trash/rubbish which is very sad to see in an National Park, especially considering how much Baht they collect from visitors, and after the army 'cleaned up' the island a couple of years ago.

• Like 1