Impressions from Koh Samet

CampariO

I ordered a cheeseburger in the Ao Wong Duean resort. At first, there was no cheese on it, then I saw that the patty was some old, tough pork steak. The fries were horrible, even the ketchup was uneatable. 220 Bt compared to a great burger for 130 Bt in the other hotel I stayed before, if I recall correctly. 

35074696pl.jpg

35074697fc.jpg

35074698rk.jpg

35074699gw.jpg

35074700bz.jpg

The beach is filling up.

35074900yc.jpg

A Western group enjoying their food and the lovely evenig with a little chit chat.

35074901hl.jpg

A chinese group: partially standing up, their shirts pulled high and screaming on top of each other.

35074903ui.jpg

35074904wr.jpg

Edited by CampariO

Conclusion:

We both liked Ao Pai Beach more, which is narrow but one can quickly walk to Hat Sai Keo. Everything is cheaper, there are less tourists and especially less Chinese who can be annoying.

The hotel was more expensive but worth it.

We never found a restaurant in Samet where we wanted to eat twice. My GF blames the Khmer which are working all over the island and probably in the kitchens as well. I think it is because there are mainly 1-day tourists who will not come back to the same place twice.

Let's see, which bay we will vchoose next. It might take some time until we go back, because now the time has come for me to earn some money.

Where? In China!!!

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 1

Many thanks Campy, smashing photos. You have certainly given me the yearning to visit again. Last time the wife and I were there we not even married yet :default_biggrin:. November 2007, we got the text message while we were on the Island that my fiances passport was ready for picking up from Sri Racha, we had applied for a fiances visa 10 days earlier in Bangkok. Of course they dont tell you whether or not you have been successful only that you need to go and pick her passport up. Fortunetly we were leaving the Island the next day so it was straight to Sri Racha to find out that we had a positive outcome.

Edited by Binlid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1