Up to Date Map and Reviews of Darkside Bars

forcebwithu

3 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Starlight bar has been closed for a few years, owner got dragged back to the UK on kiddly fiddling charges.

Not sure what else is closed on that list but there is a few that I believe were/are closed.

Thanks. I don't get out to the bars around Mabprachan anymore so rely on others for updates.

2 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

It's a big building to try and fill. Maybe a possible location for Scooters Darkside.

bit of an odd ball though, long and thin and literally on the road.

If Scooter wants to set up darkside the old Hells Angels place further up the soi would be ideal with its potential for some closed gate discretion if thats the kind of bar they are....its empty too !!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Yeah, my bad. Saw that when I went to update the map and list. In my defense I was going from memory which is a dangerous thing to do at this point in life.

there is a few more on the list that I know are still open but have changed name, if I get a chance to go through the pics from my last visit an confirm I'll let you know.

There is a few new ones on Khao Noi too... if I took a pic I'll let you know name and location.

Edited by Sir_Fondles

5 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

there is a few more on the list that I know are still open but have changed name, if I get a chance to go through the pics from my last visit an confirm I'll let you know.

There is a few new ones on Khao Noi too... if I took a pic I'll let you know name and location.

The bars closer in s/b pretty accurate with a few minor exceptions like Star Light. There is a tab on the Google sheet listing the changes made. Here's part of the list going back to July 2018. Think I've caught most if not all of the new bars and the ones with name changes.

Updated: 8-Feb-2019
New Bars Added: Squeeze Me
  Butchers Arms

Bars Closed: Roxy Bar
  Black Pearl
  Apple's
  My Friends
  Sundowners
  Star Light Bar

Bars Renamed: Tranquilla (used to be Lydia Restaurant & Bar)
  Doctors (used to be Nifty's)
  Mon Bar (used to be Happy days 2)
  Smugglers Den (used to be Lair)
  Enjoy Bar (used to be Eight Ball)
  BC Rock Bar (PP Bar)

Updated: 23-Dec-2018
New Bars Added: BB Bar

Bars Renamed: Nok Happy Bar (used to be Nok & Nok Bar)
  Pinkies Bar (used to be Secret Bar)

Updated: 10-Nov-2018
New Bars Added: P&M Bar
  Big Boom Bar

Bar Moved: Full Moon Bar II

Bars Renamed: Koy Bar (Used to be K & K Bar)

Bars Closed: One Bar
  Empire Bar

Updated: 24-Sep-2018
Bars Closed: Eight Ball (Closed)

Updated: 25-Aug-2018
New Bar Added: New Secrets

Updated: 15-Aug-2018
New Bar Added: True Blue Sports Bar

Updated: 14-Jul-2018
Bars Renamed: Azure@Fabrice (Used to be Fabrice)
  Lydia Restaurant & Bar (Used to be Burn Beer)

Bars Closed: Sinners Lounge
  Diva Sports Pub
  Moonie's Kitchen
  Road House Bar
  Joy Joy Bar

Updated: 7-Jul-2018
Bars Renamed: Queen Máxima Bar (Used to be Queen Vic Guesthouse)
  The Office Bar (Used to be Thirsty Beaver)
  Aon Bar (Used to be P&A Bar)
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Empire is open (or re-opening).

I thought Red lion was closed, well it was in Oct 2018 with the doors closed and a bar for rent sign on the door... I took no notice on my last trip.

Thanks. I'll have a look at both places in the next day or two to confirm.

21 hours ago, Sir_Fondles said:

Empire is open (or re-opening).

I thought Red lion was closed, well it was in Oct 2018 with the doors closed and a bar for rent sign on the door... I took no notice on my last trip.

Apparently Empire bar celebrated their reopening on 8 Feb.
Empire Bar.jpg

Looks like Red Lion is still open for business, but with a for rent sign and some work taking place.
Red Lion Pub.jpg

I remember a few bars on the darkside that had swimming pools where for a small service charge, the young ladies would would dive au natural for coins tossed in the pool.

They still do that? I was great to dry them off afterwards. 

35 minutes ago, Mrmango said:

I remember a few bars on the darkside that had swimming pools where for a small service charge, the young ladies would would dive au natural for coins tossed in the pool.

Black Pearl was infamous for that. Sadly the bar is now closed. I'm not aware of any others that offer the same entertainment.

13 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Black Pearl was infamous for that. Sadly the bar is now closed. I'm not aware of any others that offer the same entertainment.

La guinette, is that still going, another coin thowing place in the past, been 5 years since i went there

5 hours ago, Mrmango said:

Nice concept. Should more fun than a regular beer bar.

9 hours ago, Baldylocks said:

La guinette, is that still going, another coin thowing place in the past, been 5 years since i went there

Sadly another one that closed around March 2017. Other than resorts, the only bars that I'm aware of that are still in business and have pools are Azure (previously Fabrice) and Aqua-Deymie. I visited Aqua-Deymie last December and the pool had a layer of scum floating on top. Probably need a truck load of coins to get anyone to dive into that pool.

Coincidently I'll be joining a group of friends for a DS crawl this afternoon. I'll report back later on the current condition of pools and the state of entertainment available in the bars we visit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Nice concept. Should more fun than a regular beer bar.

I was a blast there, but ar out of the way and you had to plan to get transportation back, but that is one of the things that made it great!

No BIB, almost no coconut telegraph, and not shy employees. I never got or saw any BJ given as it was not a soi 6 sort of place, but nice hands on service.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Probably need a truck load of coins to get anyone to dive into that pool.

Actually that was not the case. First, the women were not your "10" go go girls but just ordinary looking young ones but as they did not get too many customers, they were very happy to please and they knew that afterword you would help them dry off and a few bills too for the show.

6 minutes ago, Mrmango said:

Actually that was not the case. First, the women were not your "10" go go girls but just ordinary looking young ones but as they did not get too many customers, they were very happy to please and they knew that afterword you would help them dry off and a few bills too for the show.

My reference to needing a truck load of coins was for Aqua-Deymie's scum laden pool last December.

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

My reference to needing a truck load of coins was for Aqua-Deymie's scum laden pool last December.

Ok understand. I sounds like you need to have some goggles to see through the scum to find the coins. When I was there, that was not an issue.