Sign in to follow this  
CampariO

Honeydew on the darkside

Honeydew opened about 5 month ago. It is very well hidden, I don't think that anyone of you have been there. 

34794800ir.jpg

A lot of love was put into the design, I believe. Everything seems to be done professionally. I liked the huge glass windows.

34794816xm.jpg

34794819ez.jpg

34794828id.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 1

Looks nice, but where can I find it (if I still remember next time I'm in the area)?

The drink list contains mainly mixed softdrinks, such as smoothies and sodas. 
The selection of beer is small, but they offer Hoegaarden:

34794840he.jpg

The food on offer is Thai and something different. Many dishes include somehow honeymelon, must be related to the restaurants name.

My first dish was honeymelon with cheese, wrapped in a kind of dough or pastry

34794845xw.jpg

Interesting, something different.

The second dish was meatballs, very delicious!!! Could have been a bigger portion .

34794849yi.jpg

One dish was 135 Bt, the other 185 Bt. Don't remember which.

Espresso was 60 Bt. 

34794862tz.jpg

In a small garden hut one can look at some of the plants which seem to grow in the back of the restaurant, but these were made of plastic.

34794864fh.jpg

34794867cr.jpg

On the second visit - with GF this time - I tried some shakes. One was melon with chocolate, though one could hardly taste the melon. Maybe shouldn't have stirred before tasting.

The other was called Honey Melon Matcha. (Matcha =ground gree tea leaves. ). Not my taste. 

34794873sy.jpg

My main dish was Hong Kong style baked rice with chicken and cheese (260Bt). Had a tasty BBQ Sosse. Will have that definately again..

34794901xs.jpg

GF ordered chicken with lemongrass (115 Bt). Nice.

34794908db.jpg

Edited by CampariO

Next were the Buffalow wings (145 Bt) and some garlic bread (?? Bt). 

34794977db.jpg

34794979jd.jpg

The bread was light and tasty, the wings were dry and a bit tough and very spicy. Can't recommend them.

No space left for a desert, so the melontiramisu had to stay in the showcase.

34794994cw.jpg

Edited by CampariO

A large Leo beer was 110 Bt.

There are many more dishes I want to try, some regular stuff such as steak, Pizza and sausages, but other dishes which I could not remember their names.

The restaurant will have hard times due to its location. The Bangkok tourists love these type of places, but will the darksiders like it?

How to find it:

From Sukhumvit, turn left into Soi Chayaprueck , after about 600 m at the large crossing turn right. Another 4 or 500 m just before you reach Baan Pruksa you will see the Honeydew to the right.

34795026gq.jpg

More info:
https://www.facebook.com/honeydewpattaya/

Edited by CampariO

Sign in to follow this