Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

They said treetown would never last yet it has only gotten bigger and bigger.

About 80% of tree town businesses went bankrupt.....Then in the last   1-2  years there was beer bar after beer bar being built in that area but none hardly had customers.......And now with the lockdown tree town is the most busy it has ever been.....Refugees from all over Pattaya seem to be hanging out there.....

Edited by fforest

2 hours ago, fforest said:

About 80% of tree town businesses went bankrupt.....Then in the last   1-2  years there was beer bar after beer bar being built in that area but none hardly had customers.......And now with the lockdown tree town is the most busy it has ever been.....Refugees from all over Pattaya seem to be hanging out there.....

Hardly any customers?

I walked past it most nights for three nights in a row and some of the bars there were very busy.

That wee cocktail car does a roaring trsde.

4 minutes ago, misteregg said:

The owner of 69’s bar on soi 7 announced on a Facebook group that his landlord has been less than generous in helping him out during the lockdown and he was walking away to concentrate on Amazon (his other bar)

Unfortunately I suspect this is going to be a common theme on here.

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, misteregg said:

The owner of 69’s bar on soi 7 announced on a Facebook group that his landlord has been less than generous in helping him out during the lockdown and he was walking away to concentrate on Amazon (his other bar)

100k baht a month rent and half a million in key money. Crazy money in the first place let alone in the middle of a global pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, farangme said:

How big was the bar? 100K Baht!!

69'ers would have been two units, had a few rooms upstairs. I haven't been in it in a few years, obviously won't be in it again. They had twins that worked in there at one point, two Japanese looking babes, absolute crackers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

69'ers would have been two units, had a few rooms upstairs. I haven't been in it in a few years, obviously won't be in it again. They had twins that worked in there at one point, two Japanese looking babes, absolute crackers.

100K Baht, that seems way over the top. 

7 hours ago, misteregg said:

do you have a link please

• Like 1

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

That’s a lot of 49 baht drafts.

11 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

It does but you know how it works in Thailand. Prices don't go up 2 or 3 percent, they double and treble.

Must admit, never had that problem and didn't pay key money either. Different Landlords they are not all the same. The LK Metro owner did take my Wife's deposit of 30K but rents vary widely. Noodies for example was 30K a Month rent in LK while others pay more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Quite a few bars doing some renovation work including area 52, I rovers and others. They must be very confident of riding this out.

Bear in mind many Pattaya bars are fronts for laundering and drugs. Generally speaking, no connection to your post.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, farangme said:

Bear in mind many Pattaya bars are fronts for laundering and drugs. Generally speaking, no connection to your post.

I posted this on this board before and the post was removed. 

One of the biggest illegal loan sharks in England owned several high profile bars on Soi LK.

The aussie bloke that had the piss stop bars was caught off the coast of Thailand smuggling kilos upon kilos of heroin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I posted this on this board before and the post was removed. 

One of the biggest illegal loan sharks in England owned several high profile bars on Soi LK.

The aussie bloke that had the piss stop bars was caught off the coast of Thailand smuggling kilos upon kilos of heroin.

He was a character. Witnessed Him getting a battering from another bloke one night. We were in Bobby's bar and next thing both of them fell onto the pavement, His wife whacking the other bloke with a stick. Other bloke was a trained fighter, even Thais watching didn't interfere. He got His arse fucking battered and the other fellow just walked away.

Spoke to Him a few times in His bar. That was the bar the farang was murdered by a ladyboy, throat cut, blood everywhere. His Wife paid Cops to turn a blind eye the farangs body out the back door and dumped in the lake. Down as missing person. How do I know this.. our delivery driver helped with the body disposal.

35 minutes ago, farangme said:

He was a character. Witnessed Him getting a battering from another bloke one night. We were in Bobby's bar and next thing both of them fell onto the pavement, His wife whacking the other bloke with a stick. Other bloke was a trained fighter, even Thais watching didn't interfere. He got His arse fucking battered and the other fellow just walked away.

Spoke to Him a few times in His bar. That was the bar the farang was murdered by a ladyboy, throat cut, blood everywhere. His Wife paid Cops to turn a blind eye the farangs body out the back door and dumped in the lake. Down as missing person. How do I know this.. our delivery driver helped with the body disposal.

crikey mate should you be posting things like that? reading things like that make me think iam back in Manila/Angeles in the1980s :default_2guns:

regards

grayray

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, grayray said:

crikey mate should you be posting things like that? reading things like that make me think iam back in Manila/Angeles in the1980s :default_2guns:

regards

grayray

Why not? Pattaya is home to plenty of crooks, gangsters and scammers. Common knowledge, the aussie was plastered all over the news. I think the aussie got the death sentenced but commuted to life in prison. I'd have begged them for the firing squad rather than do time in a Thai prison.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, grayray said:

regards

grayray

It happened, that's fact. Lots of stuff happened similar to that, never a dull moment.

Edited by farangme
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, misteregg said:

It is on a closed group. Bit I just checked it again and thats correct.

I don't disbelieve you.

hes invested a lot of money there to just walk away, if hes walking away from an investment of that size theres going to be a hell of a lot of smaller bars hitting the wall.