Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

my mate note who sings at pattaya rock street blue sky bar 2 next to skyfall told me they will reopen on 1st june.not sure if it will happpen.but i can see a lot of bars struggling to get customers in if the prices are still the same.bars and gogos are going to have ot rethink the prices for a got 6 months before they can get back to normal.and as for xmas new year i can see it a very quiet one to.a lot or place will not last and close i see.but thais do not see thsi and just hick prices up so people just leave asap when they see prices.

They won’t be opening on June 1st. Nobody has an opening date yet, nobody, not the police, army, they’re just talking to get face.

22 hours ago, misteregg said:

They won’t be opening on June 1st. Nobody has an opening date yet, nobody, not the police, army, they’re just talking to get face.

Well Phil I am guessing that since they will allow all business to open July 1st that they just leave the bars closed till that date as well Hope I am wrong

12 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Well Phil I am guessing that since they will allow all business to open July 1st that they just leave the bars closed till that date as well Hope I am wrong

I'm still of the belief they'll allow bars to open on June 15th. They have too many well connected business owners and their own, out of work population breathing down their necks to do so. That and the fact Thailand has gone over a month now with no new infections, other than Thais returning from abroad who are in quarantine. Hard to justify a continued shutdown of businesses when you have no internal infections.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm still of the belief they'll allow bars to open on June 15th. They have too many well connected business owners and their own, out of work population breathing down their necks to do so. That and the fact Thailand has gone over a month now with no new infections, other than Thais returning from abroad who are in quarantine. Hard to justify a continued shutdown of businesses when you have no internal infections.

Sounds plausible to me. 

Just this week they've pulled forward to opening date for gyms here from September 1st to July 1st due to mounting pressure from businesses and the public, I suspect Thailand will do similar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Sounds plausible to me. 

Just this week they've pulled forward to opening date for gyms here from September 1st to July 1st due to mounting pressure from businesses and the public, I suspect Thailand will do similar. 

Good news for you, Fatty!

9 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I actually think it will be in most bars interests for the ban to remain for as long as possible. Once that ban is up, what little sympathy shown by Thai landlords will run out, and with hardly any customers in town this could get ugly. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A truck forgot to lower its crane.

It's like when a double decker bus hits a low bridge. Initially you think 'how did you manage that', really though it's a silly mistake, but we all make them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

One positive of the recent WS electrical fire is they've removed most of the rats nest of wires.

49966222157_96bf875c4b_b.jpg

Had some great nights in the Stones House with one particular girl

Probably one of a load of places that won't be re-opening is the Do Call Inn on Soi Buakhow, I was in there a few times and it used to get a good write up on PA but I walked past it today and all signs have gone now. I'm guessing it's going to just one of a hell of a lot that won't open again.

Edited by mrcharliemofo

35 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Probably one of a load of places that won't be re-opening is the Do Call Inn on Soi Buakhow, I was in there a few times and it used to get a good write up on PA but I walked past it today and all signs have gone now. I'm guessing it's going to just one of a hell of a lot that won't open again.

I was in that bar before. It was nothing special, got talking to the owner, he was Asian-American. 

1 hour ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Taken about 4 days ago, think you might be right.....

008.JPG

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I was in that bar before. It was nothing special, got talking to the owner, he was Asian-American. 

I think that was the do drop in on soi diana,  Canadian chap, do drop in.

soi baukkao Do Call In, used to be paddy's bar, Aussie bloke, think he got carted off for opening on lock down right in the beginning 

1 minute ago, Baldylocks said:

I think that was the do drop in on soi diana,  Canadian chap, do drop in.

soi baukkao Do Call In, used to be paddy's bar, Aussie bloke, think he got carted off for opening on lock down right in the beginning 

Ahhh I think you're right mate. The guy on Diana did look Asian though didn't he? Always sat at the bar with a bottle of expensive whisky. 

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Ahhh I think you're right mate. The guy on Diana did look Asian though didn't he? Always sat at the bar with a bottle of expensive whisky. 

Yes that's him, from Canada I think he had Korean blood

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Opened by the  same guy as started Do Drop Inn on Soi Diana in the middle of 2017 and moved to this place a year ago past May.  Could be a one year lease just finished and no give from a landlord?

Edited by KWA

41 minutes ago, KWA said:

Opened by the  same guy as started Do Drop Inn on Soi Diana in the middle of 2017 and moved to this place a year ago past May.  Could be a one year lease just finished and no give from a landlord?

Not according to his thread on the place over on PA, the money they must have spent on the bar and the rooms above then there's no way it was a 1 year lease.

Edit

Posted on 1st May by one of the owners of the bar

Looking fairly glum for all bars. I note that several bars are packing up in Pattaya and calling it done. I will have to consider my options if it extends further than mid June. Even when we can open the customer base is not there to trade without still making a lose. I think that lose will be for at least 12 months into the future. My lease extends for a further 24 months, so still have that obligation to consider.

Edited by mrcharliemofo

1 minute ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Not according to his thread on the place over on PA, the money they must have spent on the bar and the rooms above then there's no way it was a 1 year lease.

Was just a question really given that it opened in May 2019, but maybe not a very good one. 🙂