Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Quite honestly how is it actually going to be economically viable for most bars/GoGo's to  reopen if they know they are going to be completely devoid of customers? If one in 10 reopen there still are not sufficient expats in Pattaya to make a significant difference.

Until world tourism is able to return to some kind of normality there will be very few visitors who would normally frequent Pattaya's bars and Gogo's in town. There are simply too many negative factors still to be overcome. Until one can get a flight that allows one to visit and return without quarantine or self isolation it is a complete non-starter.

Then there is the little matter of social distancing when one actually gets over here. 

How does one do that in a GoGo?

Would one wish to be in a GoGo practising social distancing?

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jambo said:

Quite honestly how is it actually going to be economically viable for most bars/GoGo's to  reopen if they know they are going to be completely devoid of customers? If one in 10 reopen there still are not sufficient expats in Pattaya to make a significant difference.

Until world tourism is able to return to some kind of normality there will be very few visitors who would normally frequent Pattaya's bars and Gogo's in town. There are simply too many negative factors still to be overcome. Until one can get a flight that allows one to visit and return without quarantine or self isolation it is a complete non-starter.

Then there is the little matter of social distancing when one actually gets over here. 

Bars and restaurants have opened here but so far trade is still only minimal. 

I think it will be a while before people feel fully comfortable again to go to bars and mingle with strangers including the staff. 

19 hours ago, Jambo said:

And dont forget contact tracing.....Gogos will require this.....And masks and temperature guns plus what ever else nonsense they are going to require........The New normal GoGo experience is going to be very AB-normal... 

Edited by fforest

59 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Doing a bit of banging in ''Endles'' on Soi Buakhao this morning..all the bar area seemed to be gutted out.....

I think they were posting on "Pattaya Oracle" FB group on 21 May for someone to "redo a patio area with new roof, floor and bar looking on the the street". Not 100% sure it was them, but I suspected at the time it was.

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

And dont forget contact tracing.....Gogos will require this.....And masks and temperature guns plus what ever else nonsense they are going to require........The New normal GoGo experience is going to be very AB-normal... 

Well, if they are wearing masks, taking temperatures, social distancing. etc. -- then I won't go ....

I know of many other places to have some fun ...

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Looks like this new place by ''Tree Town'' up and running now....

010.JPG

A very very very strange place to put a very hi-so clinic.........I get the feeling that some one besides them paid for this entire build out.......Tree town has been low-so from day #1.......Hi-so and Soi Bukow do not mix...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Not Pattaya but for anyone who used to visit Patong , Soi Kepsub has gone ... it was the naughty massage area for many years , all the shops have been emptied and it looks like it is being demolished 

It was my 1st experience with Thailand 15 years ago. We actually slept in a guesthouse on soi Kebsup. Oh the memories... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, eyes4thais said:

My lady in village says bars are going to open 15 June in Pattaya. Anyone else hear any rumours?  She says she read it, but i'm not sure where?

That date has been bandied about for a little while now.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KWA said:

That date has been bandied about for a little while now.  Fingers crossed.

Till the airports get back to normal most bars will be waisting their time opening. Only the strongest will survive. If you have got a few quid put by then possibly you will be ok but anyone running a bar from month to month will struggle. 

9 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Might be old signage from the Jasmine Villa, perhaps they just have the bottom single unit......

Agree, Jasmine Villa was in the unit where the Bronx Pizza signage is now.  You can see another old Jasmine sign above the Bronx one.  Blue Cafe are in the shuttered unit.

12 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Surprised they're openly advertising rooms for stays less than a month.

Not sure now but before the Covid madness hit a fair number of places had reverted back to advertising daily rentals or had at least removed the monthly part of the sign.....

On 6/6/2020 at 4:49 PM, Jambo said:

I agree Jambo…. I just don't see how its possible.

How are any of them going to make it.  Honestly... You walk around here in and many sois just don't look like ghost towns, they look like bombed out war zones. Seriously. 

• Thumbs Up 1