Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

one on bukao today for sale.  high rent and 250K key money due before end of  the year, 

For sale and rent, bar / restaurant with 8 guest rooms in excellent location in Soi Buakhao asking price: 1,000,000 A 4 Million THB Limited Liability Company is included in this sale offer if required. The following licenses are included: Food Alcohol Hotel •music All licenses have recently been renewed Business Sale and Rent (Leasehold Premises). 3 years with option to renew (Rolling Lease). This is a double unit ( 2 buildings) Monthly rent-60,000฿ (Paid until November) key money-300,000฿ (November 2020 should pay 250,000 baht)

The bars keep saying let us open let us open.........Well whats the first thing that will happen when they open? They will have to start paying a big chunk of their rent is what will happen.....

And the 4000 expats left in Pattaya, their money will only be feeding a few bars enough business to keep their heads above water...

So paradoxically when the bars can finally open will be when the most bars close.....

I bet not more than 500-600-700 of the expats left are the kind that like to hit up the bars regularly and spend money freely week after week month after month.....So these few expats will be expected to support the entire Pattaya bar industry....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 3
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

The bars keep saying let us open let us open.........Well whats the first thing that will happen when they open? They will have to start paying a big chunk of their rent is what will happen.....

And the 4000 expats left in Pattaya, their money will only be feeding a few bars enough business to keep their heads above water...

So paradoxically when the bars can finally open will be when the most bars close.....

I bet not more than 500-600-700 of the expats left are the kind that like to hit up the bars regularly and spend money freely week after week month after month.....So these few expats will be expected to support the entire Pattaya bar industry....

Surely there are more than 4000 expats in Pattaya

16 minutes ago, monkey_omelette said:

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pattaya-expats-settle-down-for-the-long-haul-303409

Foreign retirees, the bulk of the 4,000 or so expats still left in the greater Pattaya area, have experienced rather a battering in the last couple of years. 

I thought this sounded kind of low too.....But it could be true with all thats happened in the last few years.....I know there use to be like 40-50 thousand expats in Pattaya 6-7-8 years ago.....Any westerner you see in Pattaya now are almost all hard core expats, with maybe a few emergency visa people...

Edited by fforest

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pattaya-expats-settle-down-for-the-long-haul-303409

Foreign retirees, the bulk of the 4,000 or so expats still left in the greater Pattaya area, have experienced rather a battering in the last couple of years. 

I thought this sounded kind of low too.....But it could be true with all thats happened in the last few years.....I know there use to be like 40-50 thousand expats in Pattaya 6-7-8 years ago.....Any westerner you see in Pattaya now are almost all hard core expats, with maybe a few emergency visa people...

Thanks for the clarification

3 hours ago, monkey_omelette said:

I would have thought that as well, but there's been an outflux over the past 5 or so years. I've been on the forums for about 10 years, back then quite a lot of boardies where expats in Thailand, now expats make up a tiny minority of bm's. 

• Great Info 1

14 hours ago, tommy dee said:

one on bukao today for sale.  high rent and 250K key money due before end of  the year, 

For sale and rent, bar / restaurant with 8 guest rooms in excellent location in Soi Buakhao asking price: 1,000,000 A 4 Million THB Limited Liability Company is included in this sale offer if required. The following licenses are included: Food Alcohol Hotel •music All licenses have recently been renewed Business Sale and Rent (Leasehold Premises). 3 years with option to renew (Rolling Lease). This is a double unit ( 2 buildings) Monthly rent-60,000฿ (Paid until November) key money-300,000฿ (November 2020 should pay 250,000 baht)

Never had you down as mine bar host Tommy ....... :default_cheers: ....... even though it has a music licence. Stick to the wireless and the Light programme.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

which ones Beach Club ? I assume they are finished as well and Peppermint closed awhile back 

Yes, those were the four I was thinking of.

@misteregg

Looks like these were the places Phil was alluding to earlier but couldn't say.

Edited by boydeste

Looks like Brooklyn Diner is gone.

Good luck in whatever you do in the future manfred.

Dear Friends and Customers

We regret to announce that Brooklyn Diner is no longer Open for business and is now up for Sale.

We would like to take this opportunity to Thank all of you that have supported us during our time and we hope that a new Owner is found and will continue what we have created.

In the meantime, we wish you all Good Health and Well-being.

Image may contain: text that says "Sorry WE'RE CLOSED"
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Surprised 1

Pattaya has suffered from massive over-establishment in the bar and restaurant sectors for at least 15 years.  A shakeout had to come one day or the other, but the COVID-19 lockdowns and the sudden interruption of tourist arrivals will make the process more brutal.  I wouldn't be surprised if half the go go bars fold. A lot will hang on whether Thai landlords are willing to reduce rents.

Evil

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:56 PM, monkeyman said:

Looks like Happy A Go Go has closed its doors for good. 

Sad to hear news about this, had many a hassle free great night in there, but lack of tourists from the west to spend the money & too many other go go bars (of which most are shit)can't of helped. COVID 19 probably made the final decision for them.

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

Rumour is that Thai bar/club owners have told local govt officials that they will be opening on Monday regardless of what they say.

Was reading last night a load of bars, clubs, hotels etc all over, won't open even when they can, not economically feasible until tourists come back. 

Edited by Krapow