Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

21 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I have been toying with the idea of booking a flight there for November. I am fairly confident tourists will be allowed back in then, but the thought of any 'social distancing' requirements puts me right off.

As does 12+ hours on a plane wearing a mask. 10 minutes on a bus is more than enough for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I heard from a friend of mine who organises darts team matches yesterday. At one bar (no names mentioned) they put out a big plate of sandwiches and serving alcohol. It was not long before the Police turned up and shut it down

I suspect a few bars will be trying to get around the rules by introducing food.  But as far as I know they are not being fined 

It's going to be a game of cat and mouse, you have been to Thailand enough times to know how this works.

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's going to be a game of cat and mouse, you have been to Thailand enough times to know how this works.

I am aware of that. But I was wondering to what extent this is happening.Like most of us, we get our info from those who are currently in Thailand and from their observations rather than our own. Pattaya is a very different place now, the likes of which we have not seen in the past.

I read on another forum that Kiss Food and Drink on 2nd Road is re-opening on June 19. There was a pic of the banner announcing the re-opening.  One poster said Kiss will offer "chicken with chilli and basil,  rice, fried egg, and a bottle of water for 29bt!"

Evil

24 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I read on another forum that Kiss Food and Drink on 2nd Road is re-opening on June 19. There was a pic of the banner announcing the re-opening.  One poster said Kiss will offer "chicken with chilli and basil,  rice, fried egg, and a bottle of water for 29bt!"

Evil

jesus, half the breakfast club will mob the place 555

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, karon steve said:

As does 12+ hours on a plane wearing a mask. 10 minutes on a bus is more than enough for me.

Yep, I doubt I'll be travelling anywhere until social distancing requirements are lifted. It just doesn't seem like fun to me. 

19 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^ lol .. not a lot of social distancing or masks either .. lol .. good!

Isn't it wonderful. 

Sooner the little brown bums are swinging around chrome poles the better. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

More second-hand news: Kiss is offering a "buy one, get one free" deal, but I don't know the details. From the Kiss Facebook page:

kiss.jpg

kiss3.jpg

kiss4.jpg

kiss5.jpg

kiss2.jpg

f**k sake, i'd be all over that!

29 Baht for a krapow and nam, what's not to like!

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

f**k sake, i'd be all over that!

29 Baht for a krapow and nam, what's not to like!

The traffic fumes ....... vests ..... sweaty face masks ...... plastic chairs ..........ya get my drift.

Ate there once ...... side thought ....so many places in London now will not take cash. Will come to LOS too ........ a contactless cash machine for a sort of contactless shag ....

sorry Tommy ... thread back on track now. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, tommy dee said:

Not deleting posts here if I can help it, but can we get back onto the OP subject.  which most are already.  the price of a shag is hardly to the subject.  thx

Actually you are not quite correct.

Most of the Bar and GoGo's in Pattaya owe their continued existance to degenerate pussy hounds who are most definitely interested in the price of said pussy. If the price is deemed to be unacceptably high then they will look to pastures new and the Covid19 pandemic will become an overpriced pussy pandemic. 🤣

Okay, back to the topic and to summarise the state of play:

Most of Pattaya's bars remain shut as do all the GoGo's because they hold an entertainment licence and not a licence to sell food.

Sometime in the next month some will reopen as we can only hope by then that the rules will have been relaxed to allow them to do so.

In the highly unlikely event that those that have not aready shut for good all reopen most will remain empty as there are not enough expat piss heads to make any appreciable difference.

Except, most will not reopen as it makes no economic sense to do so until the tourists are able to return (and get home again) without being subjected to objectionable Covid restrictions.

Is that about right? 🤧

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Most of the Bar and GoGo's in Pattaya owe their continued existance to degenerate pussy hounds who are most definitely interested in the price of said pussy. If the price is deemed to be unacceptably high then they will look to pastures new and the Covid19 pandemic will become an overpriced pussy pandemic. 🤣

Most of Pattaya's bars remain shut as do all the GoGo's because they hold an entertainment licence and not a licence to sell food.

Sometime in the next month some will reopen as we can only hope by then that the rules will have been relaxed to allow them to do so.

In the highly unlikely event that those that have not aready shut for good all reopen most will remain empty as there are not enough expat piss heads to make any appreciable difference.

Except, most will not reopen as it makes no economic sense to do so until the tourists are able to return (and get home again) without being subjected to objectionable Covid restrictions.

Is that about right? 🤧

Khun D,

most expats have a local and if it opens will spend there budget there with a few visits to their favourite rub club.

not down walking street gogo bars.maybe the very odd time once or so a month.

regards

grayray

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Is that about right? 🤧

bar para one yes. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

More banging on the outside now at ''Endles''...............

013.JPG

I don't know how many times this place has changed names?.......Bars never seem to do all that great here for some reason?.......It has a good location......Now that I think about it I never went in there even once and I cant even give a reason for never going there.....

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

I don't know how many times this place has changed names?.......Bars never seem to do all that great here for some reason?.......It has a good location......Now that I think about it I never went in there even once and I cant even give a reason for never going there.....

When it changed from the ''Booze Lounge'' they used to do the killer pool and some food at half time when the 

football was on the weekend...and then people left..(I didn't know their names) and then the slide started....went in there one night

to catch the second half of a game and had to go to the bar myself to get a beer because the service where playing pool with some Thai blokes...

Never went back again.......

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 11:28 PM, Blue Streak said:

I ''think'' most of the beer is coming out of  7-11.............

Does it really matter at the moment??... people are out... food vendors are trying to make a quid and I am sure some FLs will be attracted to the bright lights.... at least it is a small step back towards some normality.

cheers

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

17 minutes ago, roobob said:

Does it really matter at the moment??... people are out... food vendors are trying to make a quid and I am sure some FLs will be attracted to the bright lights.... at least it is a small step back towards some normality.

cheers

Amen to that. 

• Like 2