Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I believe tree town got closed down by the cops again. 

I believe I am correct in saying that Bars that normally sell food do not automatically qualify to reopen UNLESS they have have the licences that permit them to do so. Most bars and I imagine all gogo's will just be licenced as entertainment venues and are therefore currently not legally permitted to reopen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

I believe I am correct in saying that Bars that normally sell food do not automatically qualify to reopen UNLESS they have have the licences that permit them to do so. Most bars and I imagine all gogo's will just be licenced as entertainment venues and are therefore currently not legally permitted to reopen.

Some of these places in TreeTown are restaurants. I think the problem was that there was quite a crowd gathering. 

26 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Some of these places in TreeTown are restaurants. I think the problem was that there was quite a crowd gathering. 

People were socializing, drinking, not wearing masks,relaxing  having a good time..........This must be stopped... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

And therein lies the problem with allowing only restaurants to serve alcohol. Too many people looking to relax with a drink and not enough places to accommodate them. If the officials had been smart about this they would have allowed the smaller bars to open at the same time restaurants were granted the right to serve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

there is a variation in licencing.  if a business is SAID to do the majority of its normal business selling booze, then is a boozer selling foor, and cant open.  if it is SAID to do most of its business selling gfood, slightly different licencing and can open

so for example, Nickies can sell booze  but Happy harry with a curled chees sandwich and fries that knocks out a lot of booze really., cant

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/22/proposed-list-of-rules-for-bar-pub-entertainment-venue-opening-released-by-thai-government/

Proposed rules for bars opening....

Here is the proposed list:

1. Overall level of the crowd must be controlled, no over crowded venues. An exact number of capacity level was not given.

2. Temperature screening must be done for all patrons and staff

3. Provide alcohol gel to wash hands at the entrance, gel available throughout venue and easily accessible to wash ones hands.

4. No more than 5 people in a group per table or in front of a stage for a live entertainment venue.

5. There must be a proper queue system to enter the venue for larger venues and the queue must be socially distanced.

6. Tables must be at least two meters apart OR have a partition or barrier between them.

7. Chairs must be set up at each table. People should be sitting, not standing. Chairs should not be moved and be placed one meter apart.

8. Venue must have good ventilation.

9. Only eating and drinking are allowed. No singing or dancing.

10. No bottle service. A bottle can be purchased but must be poured and ice given by a server and not stored at a table, not by a group at a table. No sharing of glasses, buckets, etc.

11. Disposable menus/no menus that everyone can touch continually.

12. All staff must wear a mask AND a face shield (See below for singer)

13. Stage or performance area should have a partition, such as a plastic partition, between the audience and performer including DJ’s. If a partition already is present that would be acceptable.

14. A singer must wear a face shield, but will not need a mask. Any one speaking on stage or a microphone must wear a face shield.

15. There must be someone, possibly security, in charge of ensuring the rules are followed.

16. Food, if served, should not be on shared plates or utensils, etc. One meal per person.

17. Toilet must be cleaned at least once an hour and completely disinfected.

18. At least once a day the entire business and every touchable service must be completely disinfected and cleaned.

19. No sort of competitions (like a dance contest or darts league).

20. No use of pool tables, darts, game cabinets or other similar items.

21. Specific smoking areas, where it applies, must be socially distanced.

22. Do not allow service staff, hostesses or PR to drink with customers.

Edited by fforest

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

there is a variation in licencing.  if a business is SAID to do the majority of its normal business selling booze, then is a boozer selling foor, and cant open.  if it is SAID to do most of its business selling gfood, slightly different licencing and can open

so for example, Nickies can sell booze  but Happy harry with a curled chees sandwich and fries that knocks out a lot of booze really., cant

Which is completely fair. 

I saw this post copied to another forum.  I don't know what the original source was.  It apparently refers to Sweethearts on Soi Buakhao.  Not that any member of  Thailand-247.gif would be interested in the fate of a ladyboy bar 😁, but the announcement does give some insight into the difficulties bar owners face in Pattaya.  I have no idea who the bar owner is.

Evil

Important Announcement:

Very sadly I have to inform you that Sweethearts is closing!

After much deliberation Cindy and I have decided that we can no longer continue paying rent for a business that is producing no revenue. And furthermore is unlikely to make good the losses incurred since the forced closure on March 18th in the foreseeable future, particularly in the light of the likely restrictions for bars opening.

Having traded for just over 6 months we hadn’t built up a sufficient war chest to see us through such an event as Covid19.

The support we had right from Day 1 was fantastic. We opened the doors on September 1st last year and you came in numbers, spent your money generously, getting us off to a great start. And you kept coming right through the High Season. It really was heartwarming, and we’d both like to thank you all very much for your support. We had some memorable nights in the bar, for sure.

Whilst it’s a bitter blow, neither of us will starve. And I’m sure we’ll be seeing you when you’re next able to get to Pattaya.

Cindy has her own property in town, and I’m moving to Cell Block A in Jomtien. The remaining staff have been taken care of, and we thank them for their hard work, especially in the early days. Hopefully they’ll all be able to survive during this dreadful time

On a personal note: I’ve now had 2 less than successful attempts in The Sewer, and at the age of 66 I think I’ve probably had enough, and will now just enjoy my retirement. I’ve made many friends here, both visitors and residents, and I look forward to seeing you around town.

For now at least, adios and thank you again.

Stay healthy

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

I saw this post copied to another forum.  I don't know what the original source was.  It apparently refers to Sweethearts on Soi Buakhao.  Not that any member of  Thailand-247.gif would be interested in the fate of a ladyboy bar 😁, but the announcement does give some insight into the difficulties bar owners face in Pattaya.  I have no idea who the bar owner is.

Evil

Just like I said.....When bars can open and they still can see no profits many many will close.....Bars will be selling for chump change.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

Well, at least it will give my arsehole a bit of a rest.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, fforest said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/06/22/proposed-list-of-rules-for-bar-pub-entertainment-venue-opening-released-by-thai-government/

1. Overall level of the crowd must be controlled, no over crowded venues. An exact number of capacity level was not given.

3. Provide alcohol gel to wash hands at the entrance, gel available throughout venue and easily accessible to wash ones hands.

4. No more than 5 people in a group per table or in front of a stage for a live entertainment venue.

5. There must be a proper queue system to enter the venue for larger venues and the queue must be socially distanced.

6. Tables must be at least two meters apart OR have a partition or barrier between them.

7. Chairs must be set up at each table. People should be sitting, not standing. Chairs should not be moved and be placed one meter apart.

10. No bottle service. A bottle can be purchased but must be poured and ice given by a server and not stored at a table, not by a group at a table. No sharing of glasses, buckets, etc.

13. Stage or performance area should have a partition, such as a plastic partition, between the audience and performer including DJ’s. If a partition already is present that would be acceptable.

14. A singer must wear a face shield, but will not need a mask. Any one speaking on stage or a microphone must wear a face shield.

15. There must be someone, possibly security, in charge of ensuring the rules are followed.

16. Food, if served, should not be on shared plates or utensils, etc. One meal per person.

18. At least once a day the entire business and every touchable service must be completely disinfected and cleaned.

Yeah, I'm sure that all venues will be just jumping to reopen so they can put up with onerous conditions like these....jeez.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, I'm sure that all venues will be just jumping to reopen so they can put up with onerous conditions like these....jeez.

Pattaya News.JPG

Anger over proposed list of rules for nightlife and entertainment venues 
opening in Thailand as social media and business owners erupt

By Adam Judd -Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 7:37

Bangkok-The entertainment industry as well as both foreign and Thai social media have erupted over the past day regarding proposed rules to be presented to the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) this Friday.

The proposed rules-which the Government is now stressing is only a proposal and not set in stone in any such way were created primarily by a combination of entertainment industry owners, medical doctors and advisors to the CCSA. Critics state that enforcing these rules would make running bars, pubs or nightclubs unprofitable and claim the rules appear to be created by someone with no knowledge of the industry.

Comments on Thai social media seemed particularly upset over a five person limit in a group. Although not as pressing an issue for foreigners many Thais tend to party in larger groups. One comment repeated often was that under these proposed rules people could have more fun in a temple.

There was also widespread anger at the no dancing or singing rules, asking how a karaoke could run with no singing or why people could not even dance at their table in their group. A ban on bottle service, which is how most Thai Nationals drink, was also disliked.

The proposed rules for no pool tables or darts, etc, was also widely derided.

Many comments on English language media were upset with the proposed no sitting and drinking with service staff which would presumably put an end to lady drinks and getting to know hostesses. Additionally, the rule that everyone had to sit and could not “wander around” like is common for foreigner style nightclubs was widely ridiculed.

Gen. Natthaphon Nakphanich, Deputy Commander in Chief of the Army and Vice President, who will be presenting the proposal to the CCSA, told the media that they have heard people’s opinions and are listening. He stressed, as has been done repeatedly since the rules were announced, that they are proposals.

Natthaphon also stressed that if there were no cases of Covid-19 found or major issues that rules would likely be relaxed by the CCSA over time, same as they were for public transportation, restaurants, malls, hair salons, massage shops and other venues.

Thailand has gone 28 days without a single confirmed case of Covid19 locally spread, leaving many to ask on social media that if borders remain closed why the rules are so strict.

More information on nightlife reopening should be released Friday by the CCSA including a potential proposed date.

(LINK)

16 hours ago, fforest said:

What a ridiculous crock of shit, are they serious ?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yep just as wifey says, lets get reopen then we'll do exactly as we please, f*** your rules/regs TIT

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yep just as wifey says, lets get reopen then we'll do exactly as we please, f*** your rules/regs TIT

The more rules there are, the more brown envelopes required! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Bars in larger provincial towns that were never dependant upon Tourists will soon be virtually back to normal once they are permitted to reopen. They cater mostly to young Thai's and the odd expat like me who tries hard not to look too out of place and fails miserably. 😀

Very different story in Pattaya where so many are largely dependant upon tourists. Until tourists are able to freely visit there is not going to be much of a change. There are simply not enough expats to go round.

Personally speaking, if restrictions are lifted soon then I am looking forward to making an extended visit next month and hopefully meeting up with some friends in Le Pub.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Those list of rules would be hard enough to comply with when sober, but how about when a customer, or several, have had a very good evening on the piss, trying to adhere to them. That poor bar owner or security guy will really have their hands full.

And the deal with no singing, no playing pool, no social interaction with staff? You mean that there will be no more birthdays with cake and singing and grouping together to celebrate the bar girls birthday, or the mamasan? Since the cake would be a single food item that was going to be shared by a large gathering, that practice would have to come to a halt. Which would be terrible for the birthday girl, as well as losing the festive atmosphere and with it, alcohol sales that a festive place brings.

I hope they get revised to something more realistic. Who truly would want to stop off at a beer bar, or any nightlife venue, with mandated rules like that to obey?

Might as well call out a girl from your whatsapp or Line listing to come to your place and just make sure to have a fridge full of beers and a bottle of something on the counter to enjoy an intimate little party.

Maybe it will change the face of Pattaya as a pub style venue shouldn't really have an issue with the regulations. Maybe this is the mission of the the government for the future. 

For a single guy who needs hands on it will be an issue, for a guy out with his wife just looking for a quiet pub setting it would likely be acceptable as a social setting.

Things will no doubt change in the future but for the mongers biting at the bit to return on the first available planes into The Land Of Smiles it could be a barrier.