Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

10 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Yes I've heard until the 15th or August, something to do with the owners of the complex, so I'm led to belive..

Anyway a few lighting up on the Skaw Beach side of ''Tree Town'' didn't see anyone drinking.........

001.JPG

003.JPG

Onto Soi Buakhao........

005.JPG

006.JPG

No sign of tourists coming for the next 3 months at the very least. It's going to be dog eat dog. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I walked the length of Buakhao earlier this morning so too early to see much difference in the bars since yesterday's posts, but the tape across the entry to The Beer Hubb is gone and the chairs and tables at Piss Stop look to have been moved around.  A noticeable increase in girls on the streets both yesterday and today - mostly new arrivals I think.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KWA said:

I walked the length of Buakhao earlier this morning so too early to see much difference in the bars since yesterday's posts, but the tape across the entry to The Beer Hubb is gone and the chairs and tables at Piss Stop look to have been moved around.  A noticeable increase in girls on the streets both yesterday and today - mostly new arrivals I think.

reckon there would have been some great bargins in Pattaya last few weeks,see on different youtube videos plenty of good looking ladies around the beach and soi Buakhao

regards

grayray

Stopped for a bit at Nikom last night while they were sticking social distancing marks on the tables. Also noteworthy were the new no smoking signs. It remains to be seen where the smokers will be relegated to, but if the no smoking areas are enforced, that'll be a big :ThumbUp6:
IMG_20200630_192118.jpg

• Like 1

I would reckon about 50% open on Buakhao, and that was around 1:00pm so still a few later openers to show.

Crazy 80s, Fubar 2 and the others in that small strip all open but up past the S bend there's a row of another 5 on the other side of the road all closed.  Similar down towards the Tuesday/Friday market end.  Marquee open, Piss Stop open, Trench Town open, Sports Town (name?) open.  Katesiree House closed which surprised me.

Edited by KWA
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I would imagine the smaller bars with lower overheads are most likely to open and, more particularly, stay open.

There are just not enough expats to go round.

Or holiday or fun gal seeking travelers .... 

Then if the wuhan virus " scare " number 2 rolls around .. jeez .. hate to think what the place will become

Plus, this is the perfect opportunity for the "powers that be " to radically fulfill their vision of what Patts is to become

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I would imagine the smaller bars with lower overheads are most likely to open and, more particularly, stay open.

There are just not enough expats to go round.

I personally think there will be a rush to the bars over the first few weeks as expats who have been under night curfew for months rush to spend their baht.

However, with the baht strong against most Western currencies I don't think expats are going to be running up 10k baht bar bins.

I think the real pain will come in September/October when the initial rush fades away, and if there are no tourists allowed, a lot of bars are going to struggle. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Plus, this is the perfect opportunity for the "powers that be " to radically fulfill their vision of what Patts is to become

What I have been saying since day 1.

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Use it. A basic rule of politics (and management).

And generally you can even "give it a hand" for it to go the way you want...

• Like 1

Had a whizz round tonight between 18.00-19.30hrs.....

Lots open by the every day market on Soi Buakhao but not the R-con ones on the bend......

Main part of New Plaza and the fish shop open.......

About 50% of Soi 7 open but not very well attended...

Beach Rd.....

006.JPG

007.JPG

010.JPG

''Five Star'' by Mikes Shopping Mall'' was open as well.....onto Walking Street...

015.JPG

No attempt at all here.....

016.JPG

A maybe later on.......

017.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

What I have been saying since day 1.

Never let a good crisis go to waste. Use it. A basic rule of politics (and management).

And generally you can even "give it a hand" for it to go the way you want...

Plenty of times they have planned for changes and never carried them through but this time with the pandemic they may find that large areas of the city will start to look very sorry for themselves by forced closure and a lack of money being generated in certain market segments.

Not to do anything will be seen as poor management so maybe the pandemic is a perfect time to do what they have not had the will or interest in doing in the past.

Looks very ominous does it not?

Expats will mostly use their favorite couple of bars and if they are anything like me they are not going to go out drinking every night.

Are there any GoGo's open?

If so, I would be very interested to know what the new "normal" is like in practice.

29 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Looks very ominous does it not?

Expats will mostly use their favorite couple of bars and if they are anything like me they are not going to go out drinking every night.

Are there any GoGo's open?

If so, I would be very interested to know what the new "normal" is like in practice.

I didn't see any and lads popping into ''Le Pub'' were saying none were open.....

''Scooters'' and ''Coyotes'' and ''Q'' bar were open on Soi Buakhao....On Beach Rd there was a banner out the front of

TQ2 saying opening Tuesday 7th ...........The ''Wonderful bar'' and ''Bodega'' were open on Sai2 as was ''Smile Avenue''

beer bar complex by '' Mikes Shopping Mall''.......

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

I didn't see any and lads popping into ''Le Pub'' were saying none were open.....

''Scooters'' and ''Coyotes'' and ''Q'' bar were open on Soi Buakhao....On Beach Rd there was a banner out the front of

TQ2 saying opening Tuesday 7th ...........The ''Wonderful bar'' and ''Bodega'' were open on Sai2 as was ''Smile Avenue''

beer bar complex by '' Mikes Shopping Mall''.......

Have to have girls to reopen a GoGo. If you have girls you have to pay them generally funded by the customers that come through the doors and buy drinks.

I cannot see how it would make economic sense for them to reopen until unrestricted tourism returns.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1

With the government's continuing insistence on arrivals having appropriate insurance for C19 and a 'fit to fly' certificate with several conditions attached, there's not going to be a stampede of tourists any time soon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, biggles said:

5 months a year for the last 7 years and a permanent rental for 10 but at almost 75 it rules me out! 

shit! I will be 76 before I can get back,hopefully,will self funded insurance be ok?,cause with some of the health problems I've had the last few years I want get in Insurance cover had to pay 460AUD back in 2016 for 16days

regards

grayray