Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

19 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

If marquee bar is that quiet then you know town is well and truly dead. That bar does a roaring trade and its usually busy from mid-afternoon right through, even during the low season. I think that photo tells me all I need to know. 

Marquee had a large and loyal ex-pat customer base.  In relation to its size,  it was pre-corona one of the busier bars in town.  If it can't attract a decent number of its old customers, then there's indeed little hope for a lot of other bars, especially the ones that relied on tourist walk-ins.

Evil

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Marquee had a large and loyal ex-pat customer base.  In relation to its size,  it was pre-corona one of the busier bars in town.  If it can't attract a decent number of its old customers, then there's indeed little hope for a lot of other bars, especially the ones that relied on tourist walk-ins.

Evil

Completely agree, I've seen people say it's for cheap charlies, personally I think the drinks prices are about right for the area and what's on offer.

Now one photo isn't exactly telling the full story, but if it's like that every night, they are in trouble, as are a lot of other bars. 

11 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Completely agree, I've seen people say it's for cheap charlies, personally I think the drinks prices are about right for the area and what's on offer.

Now one photo isn't exactly telling the full story, but if it's like that every night, they are in trouble, as are a lot of other bars. 

Well there are X number of expats in Pattaya........And a siziable % of them are not going out every night..

So with each new bar that opens it just takes away business from the bars that are open.... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Sad to hear this, I always have a few in there when on holiday as IMO its a great bar. Hope it picks up soon.

5 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

We have never seen such a low amount of BF's, but things will improve slowly. (in 3 weeks I hope) I notice more gogos and bars opening tomorrow. I expect many places to close again soon.

expats have not been paying barfines for the last 3 - 4 months (if ever) so how does flowers seem to think they will pay barfines soon

2 hours ago, jezza said:

expats have not been paying barfines for the last 3 - 4 months (if ever) so how does flowers seem to think they will pay barfines soon

I think the three weeks he refers to is the end of the month when the airport "closure" finishes and tourists may return (and hence pay barfines).  I have no idea of the likelihood of that date changing again.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, KWA said:

I think the three weeks he refers to is the end of the month when the airport "closure" finishes and tourists may return (and hence pay barfines).  I have no idea of the likelihood of that date changing again.

The chances of Thailand opening to tourists in 3 weeks time are slim to zero. 

• Like 2

Went past the Q bar on Soi Buakhao last night about 22.15, it has a band playing and since

the recent kick off has been well attended, last night had 4 people but Climax on the corner

of L K Metro had reopened and hat had a few more people in it.......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Walking Street in Pattaya at night. Bars and clubs showing a slow recovery from Covid (July 2020)

I seen video from inside Insomia on the first night it reopened. It was maybe 80% Thai girls and 20% men, great for the guys, but the girls were all standing round staring into oblivion. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Walking Street in Pattaya at night. Bars and clubs showing a slow recovery from Covid (July 2020)

like a dress rehearal, for a show that wont be going on .

its dire.  I met BF this morning.  he always prety straight talking with me.  says there was a boom start then it just died.  S6 is expecting more bars to open for even less people too.  the gogos and clubs are opening to .. thin air for sure

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Most of those walking street venues would loose less money by staying shut but the trouble is one opens the others don't want to miss out. Until tourism starts again there is no business to be had. I remember going to Peppermint ago go when it was at the top of the escalator & there was a sign on the door   SORRY WE ARE FULL PLEASE COME BACK IN 1 HOUR. That is now well & truly a distant memory.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tommy dee said:

like a dress rehearal, for a show that wont be going on .

its dire.  I met BF this morning.  he always prety straight talking with me.  says there was a boom start then it just died.  S6 is expecting more bars to open for even less people too.  the gogos and clubs are opening to .. thin air for sure

Like most people expected Tommy, a rush to the bars when they opened by Expats who had been locked up at night for months on end. However, with the Baht strong and so many people locked out of the country, it was inevitable that would be short lived. I don't like the NWG model, but I have a lot of respect for Bryan for the work he done to feed the hungry, his group will survive, I'm sure of it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

''Marquee'' to night at 19.30 hrs.......

005.JPG

On my Soi Bukow trips I have noticed most bars have 1 or 2 customers and the really busy bars have 3 customers...Pretty much all bars on Soi Bukow are like this...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Like most people expected Tommy, a rush to the bars when they opened by Expats who had been locked up at night for months on end. However, with the Baht strong and so many people locked out of the country, it was inevitable that would be short lived. I don't like the NWG model, but I have a lot of respect for Bryan for the work he done to feed the hungry, his group will survive, I'm sure of it.

A huge chunk of the expats in Pattaya are well into their sunset years and going out a few times a week was plenty for them......Its going to take quite a few of these older farangs to make up for 1 two week millionaire who is young randy as a rabbit and ready to blow loads of cash.....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

A huge chunk of the expats in Pattaya are well into their sunset years and going out a few times a week was plenty for them......Its going to take quite a few of these older farangs to make up for 1 two week millionaire who is young randy as a rabbit and ready to blow loads of cash.....

Many of them will be married or have girlfriends, therefore they won't be out barfining. I wasn't surprised to see Flowers comments that there are very little barfines and the girls are getting frustrated, I can see more girls heading back to the provinces if things don't improve soon.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

22 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

It's ironic that expats used to disparage the two week millionaire types on the forums , but without them the future is bleak for a lot of bars 

Yep, what the bars desperately need now is a huge influx of Gabor's LDOP Asian cretins.   :default_fam03:

• Haha 6