Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

23 hours ago, misteregg said:

I am on target to make a small profit this month, enough to pay my kids school fees and keep me in baked beans.
The effort put in by my staff has been really great.
In reference to barfines, I estimated zero as generally expats Dont barfine, but we have had a few.
As other bars open then close again (Atlantic Bar being the latest) the staff realise that our little place is doing ok really.
I have no plans to close again any time soon, that could change, but so far, so good. Be realistic.

Great news mate, not at all surprised either as you are one of the most well liked farang in town. The situation elsewhere seems utterly desperate though. The initial 'brave face' put on by business owners seems to have disappeared already, and now some high profile owners like NDTVi and Bryan Flowers are publicly stating how dire things have become. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1952628/tourists-will-trickle-back-once-a-virus-cure-is-found?cx_placement=underbox#cxrecs_s

Tourism not predicted to recover until late next year. That's a long time to 'ride it out'. 

Interesting from that article. Jonathan Head is a good journalist:

Jonathan Head, BBC Southeast Asia correspondent and FCCT vice president, asked panellists about the level of public fear, which he said "has gone beyond anything else I have ever seen in other countries".

He also remarked on what he characterised as the government's draconian measures, including turning its back on mass tourism and even putting off travel bubbles, despite the fact that it had managed to curb the spread of the virus well.

Ms Kirida said public fear was due to the fact that "we are in the unknown" given the recent case of an Egyptian military officer in Rayong because a second wave of the coronavirus could lead to a second lockdown and further economic damage.

"That is the reality on the ground. Maybe, it also reflects the fact that Thais are not confident in the government's ability to manage these risks after all," she said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1952628/tourists-will-trickle-back-once-a-virus-cure-is-found?cx_placement=underbox#cxrecs_s

Tourism not predicted to recover until late next year. That's a long time to 'ride it out'. 

Things could turn really nasty, tough times ahead for everyone. Will humanity pull together for the common good, recent history says not. Better Hold Fast 

3 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

And I got that through the magic of Technology as I am on a train in Northern Thailand

I got the same, but couldn't figure out how to download it on my phone, transfer it to my tablet and post it here! 

This looks more like a remodel than a closing.......Why put the wings poster up if your closing?

But then I can hardly believe they would have the nerve to sink even more money into this seriously struggling Hooters......If they opened now it's pretty much guaranteed to be a money loser.. Most expats will not pay their prices....No expats= no customers.....Its just that simple.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

This looks more like a remodel than a closing.......Why put the wings poster up if your closing?

But then I can hardly believe they would have the nerve to sink even more money into this seriously struggling Hooters......If they opened now it's pretty much guaranteed to be a money loser.. 

I would guess it could be being mothballed until its worth opening. 

• Like 1

I've been a frequent visitor to the Dogs Bollocks for the last ten years. Loads of soccer hooligan memorabilia on the walls, but that was diminishing with every passing year and being replaced with boozy party-style photos of patrons. Roger, the owner, was/is a pussycat, the UK nationalist/UVF stuff was a theme he continued with, the place wasn't a meeting point for white nationalists or sectarian football fans, (all that was in the distant past when Chris Henderson and Steve Hickmott set up shop there), in the last few years it was just a soi boozer with a colourful historic reputation.

Rogers wife,seen in the Pattaya Mail article, is properly connected to the police and so very well protected. A police uniform used to hang behind the bar as a warning not to play up. A couple of years ago Roger bought a rottweiler and chained it up in the bar, it was ok with farang customers but lost the plot if a Thai male ever set foot in the bar.The dog was like that when he bought it, it wasn't trained by him to respond to locals as some suggested. He brought his geriatric father over from London a couple of years ago, and recently put the bar up for sale. Covid obviously put the mockers on that, hence the transformation to a restaurant. 

The Dogs Bollocks hasn't been edgy for more than a decade, it was a time capsule for another age, all the stuff on the walls was a reminder of how it used to be, a theme- no more,no less. A black bloke from London had the laundry next door until he sold it and it became a massage parlour..if it was a racist den, there wouldn't have been a coloured bloke boozing in there every day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Having commenced our night out in Le Pub we decided to do a  bit of a tour round starting at Doll House. On entering we doubled the number of customers which is not really surprising given the increasing number of venues and the static number of expats.

My first overriding impression was surprise as all the girls on the stage were displaying their piss flaps but they did all have a full plastic face mask but just not covering their face.

Having just paid my very reasonable bill at Le Pub I was interested to see what Doll House would charge me for my first ( and last ) Tiger light. The answer was 165 baht which I thought was outrageous considering they had just reopened and have a need to encourage customers. I added masochism to my financial pain through buying the nubile young lady exploring what was under my boxers an equally expensive LD.

We did a couple more gogo's ending up in Ricky's having moved away from Walking Street. The girls are not the greatest but are very touchy/feely but again short sighted pricing structure on the drinks.

Unless the gogo's realise that charging high prices for drinks will lose the expat customers to the bars then they will not be open very long.

I was told that Soi 6 has a profusion of quality young debutants currently. I don't believe it for one minute but I might check it out if I happen to be passing. 😊

PS

Checked out Soi 6 yesterday which is not normally my manor. It is absolutely rammed with pussy and I do mean rammed. Only a very limited number of potential customers . Reminds me of my first visit to Soi 7 back in 2003 when I thought I had found pussy heaven.☺

Every video I've seen of SOI 6 even the ones that are produced by their own managers show tons of girls and limited customers one guy did the walk and put it on YouTube I counted five customers in soi six bars one afternoon and just rammed with girls the question is how long will the girls stay if business doesn't get better

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1