Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

15 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yet hooters in Bangkok never took off... 

Maybe never took to the delights of the owners expectations ...

But, the one on Soi 4 in Nana sits in a perfect location to just watch the "Nana Movie" ...

There is a super small taco - burrito stall/shop on the other side of the Nana parking lot that is always packed ... the tacos and burritos are great ... much better and cheaper than anything Hooters offers

• Like 4

5 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Maybe never took to the delights of the owners expectations ...

But, the one on Soi 4 in Nana sits in a perfect location to just watch the "Nana Movie" ...

There is a super small taco - burrito stall/shop on the other side of the Nana parking lot that is always packed ... the tacos and burritos are great ... much better and cheaper than anything Hooters offers

I have watched that movie sat in those seats many times!

The food is OK but way overpriced, the last few times I have eaten there it has been with a 50% off on eatigo.

• Thumbs Up 1

The service in Hooters Nana is horrendous. 

I had to go up to the bar on a couple of occasions, they were very short on staff, not because they were busy.

To me it doesn't make sense when you can go across the street to spankys and watch two chicks lick each others pussy right in front of you. To each their own. The hooters in Pattaya benefits from a fantastic location, and is one of the few bars in that area that always has customers.

I find that ironic.
Barowners in Pattaya have pulled many scams on loyal customers.
Who can forget Secrets and the snide vodka.
What about bill padding, fake spirits or drinks with no spirits in them, or making customers pay ladydrinks if they bring female company to the bar.
Loyalty is a two way street.

None of these happens in my bar mate.
  • Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, misteregg said:

None of these happens in my bar mate.

Hence why it's one of the few bars I frequent, particularly in that part of town, but pattaya barowners can not whine about loyalty.

When times were good, instead of being grateful for custom, many barowners used it as a green light to dip into the pockets of unsuspecting customers.

That's why when I return, I'll be sure to support the good, honest barowners like yourself, for they are few and far between in sin city. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

I find that ironic.

What about bill padding, fake spirits or drinks with no spirits in them, or making customers pay ladydrinks if they bring female company to the bar.

Years ago now I arranged to meet my g/f in a bar where I was meeting a mate for a drink. We had a couple of drinks and check binned, she had 1 drink and they'd charged a ladydrink for her and a  barfine too.

I showed her and I didn't need to say a word as she went absolutely fucking mental at them for thinking she was a bargirl. Ladydrink and barfine were scrubbed, she made sure there was no tip left and not been in there since.

• Great Info 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

I find that ironic.

Larry worked a long time in Secrets.

Phil worked a long time in Secrets.

I worked a long time in Secrets.

There was no snide alcahol scams or bill padding under our watch.of that I know for certain.

But of course  Secrets business as a whole is forever tainted by the reputation , actions, greed and  stupidity of one individual.

• Thumbs Up 6

39 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Larry worked a long time in Secrets.

Phil worked a long time in Secrets.

I worked a long time in Secrets.

There was no snide alcahol scams or bill padding under our watch.of that I know for certain.

But of course  Secrets business as a whole is forever tainted by the reputation , actions, greed and  stupidity of one individual.

Well I know several people who thought they were buying top shelf vodka only to be served cheap shit. Isn't that the reason the big geezer who used to spend a lot of money in the bar refused to go back. 

• Great Info 1

50 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Years ago now I arranged to meet my g/f in a bar where I was meeting a mate for a drink. We had a couple of drinks and check binned, she had 1 drink and they'd charged a ladydrink for her and a  barfine too.

I showed her and I didn't need to say a word as she went absolutely fucking mental at them for thinking she was a bargirl. Ladydrink and barfine were scrubbed, she made sure there was no tip left and not been in there since.

Disgusting, but a well played trick by barowners, particularly 5-10 years ago. 

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have watched that movie sat in those seats many times!

The food is OK but way overpriced, the last few times I have eaten there it has been with a 50% off on eatigo.

Always busy when I've been there , love the wings 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jambo said:

The only Hooters I have ever visited was in Singapore during F1 weekend.

Would never visit a bar in Pattaya with pussy that doesn't do takeaway's on principle 😣

Blue Moose is a great bar, hotel, restaurant on the dark-side, lovely ladies in attendance but no bar fines. Loved going there when I lived there. A really well run place with good food, mostly American style as the owner was from the States.

I suppose the pubs etc across Pattaya are also off your list, most have lovely waitresses in them.

Edited by Horizondave

Just been reading this:-

Special Update: Homeless living in abandoned beer bars in Pattaya visited by social welfare officials

inbound435873898446297297.jpg

Pattaya-

A large group of homeless, estimated in the dozens, living in abandoned beer bar complexes in South Pattaya were visited by social welfare officials today following a report from us and other local Thai media.

2.jpg

We first published this news two days ago and the article, which focused on homeless people living in abandoned beer bars and telling their stories in Pattaya, went viral internationally being read tens of thousands of times.

Today, The Pattaya News was invited to re-visit the complex with local social welfare officials who promised not to kick out the homeless but rather attempt to provide them with assistance.

3.jpg

The Chonburi Homeless Protection Center staff along with the staff of the Pattaya Social Development Office visited a beer bar complex in the Soi Buakhao area of South Pattaya along with Pattaya News reporters this morning to speak with some of those living there.

Officials from the offices attempted to encourage some of the residents to temporarily take shelter at the Chonburi Homeless Protection Center. They also spoke with two families who were living in the complex who were not from the Chonburi area and originally from Chaiyaphum and Buriram.  The families expressed to the officials that they wanted to return to their home province but did not have money for a ticket.

4.jpg

The social welfare officials agreed to help the two families return to their home province and are in the process of securing them a courtesy bus ticket from Chonburi to help them safely return home to relatives in their home province.

The Chonburi Homeless Protection Center stated that some of the others were considering the offer to move into the homeless shelter, however, they could not force the residents to do so. Officials stated they would check on the homeless living in the complex on a regular basis and make sure they were safe. Additionally, relevant agencies are working with those homeless who wish to work and attempting to help them secure employment in the Chonburi area so they can begin making an income once more.

5.jpg

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/07/21/special-update-homeless-living-in-abandoned-beer-bars-in-pattaya-visited-by-social-welfare-officials/

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well I know several people who thought they were buying top shelf vodka only to be served cheap shit. Isn't that the reason the big geezer who used to spend a lot of money in the bar refused to go back. 

No.  LOL     :default_1087:

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

What happened to him, he posted like mad on the boards, never out of the bar and suddenly radio silence.

I wouldn't like to admit to how much booze I have drunk in Secrets over the years, but given I often drink spirits neat, I probably would know if it was shite. Never have I had a problem.

As for spreading rumours of what may have happened to others, that's not my style, but why ever spoil a good rumour with the truth. :default_fun:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I wouldn't like to admit to how much booze I have drunk in Secrets over the years, but given I often drink spirits neat, I probably would know if it was shite. Never have I had a problem.

As for spreading rumours of what may have happened to others, that's not my style, but why ever spoil a good rumour with the truth. :default_fun:

Well it's closed now, speaks volumes.

😉

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

with 50+ years under belt doubt I got real Bundy in Secrets in 2016,you drink the one brand of spirits ,you well know what you put your top lip into.especially Bundberg Rum,AKA Bundy, it is a distinct taste.

and I have heard about the regular that had caught Ben out,and never went back.heard from 2 BGs about some of the shit Ben got up to..

he was about as straight as a dogs hind leg.

happens in pubs here too,had one owner sack me because I would not hook up 2 different brands of keg beer[tooths new and tooheys new] together and I would not put cheap Bourbon in the empty Jim Beam bottles which in that pub was the bourbon of choice on the 3 nights each week that visiting bands most of the top aussie bands ,INXS,ACDC,ROSE TATTOO,CHISEL,SWANEE,played the place

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

yes well after I left 

Many times i would see a girl dump the drink they were bought and when they did they paid for it and it was removed from the round. Caught a girl in babydolls filling shot glasses with water instead of Tequila. Well boss i don't drink tequila and the customer will only buy tequila. Well tell him no thanks then. Can't catch them all but did so many.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2