Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

yes well after I left 

Many times i would see a girl dump the drink they were bought and when they did they paid for it and it was removed from the round. Caught a girl in babydolls filling shot glasses with water instead of Tequila. Well boss i don't drink tequila and the customer will only buy tequila. Well tell him no thanks then. Can't catch them all but did so many.

Well, I just offer to buy them a beer ... if they don't want a beer .. f**k em !

Simply because if they find "greener grasses" and leave the beer -- I can finish it ... I am not "proud" when it comes to beer ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well I know several people who thought they were buying top shelf vodka only to be served cheap shit. Isn't that the reason the big geezer who used to spend a lot of money in the bar refused to go back. 

Never, **ever , has Secrets deliberately sold any alcohol that was not the genuine product. I totally refute the suggestion that Secrets was passing off cheap vodka as moody top shelf product.

You are wrong on both counts as others have intimated.

**Well never during the many years I was General Manager. I suppose I cannot answer for the period after I resigned but I have never received any feedback subsequently that ever occured.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Never, **ever , has Secrets deliberately sold any alcohol that was not the genuine product. I totally refute the suggestion that Secrets was passing off cheap vodka as moody top shelf product.

You are wrong on both counts as others have intimated.

**Well never during the many years I was General Manager. I suppose I cannot answer for the period after I resigned but I have never received any feedback subsequently that ever occured.

Obviously didn't see Larry's post lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Well I know several people who thought they were buying top shelf vodka only to be served cheap shit. Isn't that the reason the big geezer who used to spend a lot of money in the bar refused to go back. 

No.

He died.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thats ok with me as i have several sangsom's and i can adjust the strength to my choosing, i like to taste the sangsom.

Always got a strong Sangsom and coke in the Rock House. 

Have noticed in some gogos before drinks tasted weaker in happy hour. Crystal a prime example. 

• Thumbs Up 3

33 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Have noticed in some gogos before drinks tasted weaker in happy hour. Crystal a prime example. 

My guess would be many at happy hour use local branded drinks to re-place the original branded ones without any notice.

A common practice in Spain on all inclusive holidays.

For an example:-

I'd ask for a Smirnoff and coke but then expect to pay more then the shown happy hour deal.

I'd ask for a local vodka and coke but then expect to pay the price shown on the happy hour deal board.

I have sean many get mixed up with both of the above and to me its simple.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

There are several bars Gally that i know i won't get ripped off with short measures or fake/cheap shit so i don't mind them mixing the drink for me but those i don't know its a case of buyer beware. Phil at Le Pub is one that i trust implicitly.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

There are several bars Gally that i know i won't get ripped off with short measures or fake/cheap shit so i don't mind them mixing the drink for me but those i don't know its a case of buyer beware. Phil at Le Pub is one that i trust implicitly.

Absolutely and a mate as well who I enjoyed working with.

But beware the dick head with an axe to grind who will spread unsubstantiated rumours just because he can.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Little update, Bamboo bar closed last night, Pasha now closed. staff going to ''Fahrenheit'' as of

tonight......

Man....thats like closing down the off-Broadway theater where all the actresses that can't quite make the Big Show go to practice their craft. Now, if Bamboo is closed,  where will all those 45 year olds go to attract a customer?

I mean the Beer Garden can't fit them all in, not enough stools.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, galenkia said:

Always got a strong Sangsom and coke in the Rock House

Always got a good pour of Scotch at the Rock House consistently over the years and LePub as well. The Metro Bar bartender comes to mind too (been there for at least 4 years) as she free pours a decent amount of spirits without a jigger. The key is learning how to free pour without a jigger (1.5 oz or 44 ml) which makes for a bit of a stronger drink. Many bars and GGs I have been to in the red light districts in the LOS over the years, use jiggers to pour and you end up with a weaker or so so drink more often or not. They seem to either require them to use a jigger or they use it because they cannot free pour. I also can understand how a jigger can be a good  preventative measure to keep the totally inexperienced from extremely over pouring. Learning how to free pour spirits into a drink that is closer to 1.75-2 ounces or 48 to 50 ml of spirits is not going to break the bar and keeps the clientele happy and they will remember where they got that decent drink. Maybe I am too used to the jigger not being used here at home. I bar tended for years in my 20's and free pouring was the only way we did it. Expecting the same in SEA? Not so much. 

On a side note: I wish I had 20 baht for all the times (especially some GGs) I have been served 100 Pipers rotgut rail Scotch that has been poured into mid-shelf Scotch bottles or they simply just pour 100 Pipers thinking most won't notice. It's done with other rail liquors as well and I am sure many of you have picked up on it. I can smell and taste the cheap whisky a mile away. I don't complain. I just never go back. 

jigger.jpg

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Thumbs Up 3

53 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Man....thats like closing down the off-Broadway theater where all the actresses that can't quite make the Big Show go to practice their craft. Now, if Bamboo is closed,  where will all those 45 year olds go to attract a customer?

I mean the Beer Garden can't fit them all in, not enough stools.

Not visited for years but can recall a few nights with mates on the piss and spending a couple of hilarious hours in Bamboo on "grabagrannie" night. 😀

You did need to be pissed.

Edited by Jambo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Mr Mosquito said:

^^^  Looks like Pattaya has lost it's Mojo..........same as Bangkok.  :default_dizzy:

Yep, it's really sad to see.

Can't see how the vast majority will survive without the tourists, let alone how they've survived for the last 4 months . . 

• Like 2