Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Well older fat bald men are a treasured commodity in the bars now......

Any guy with a pulse is now a sexy man.....

Farangs under 50 are a drop in the already small expat bucket....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Britboy said:

Yep, it's really sad to see.

Can't see how the vast majority will survive without the tourists, let alone how they've survived for the last 4 months . . 

I think those made in Thailand bars are lucky to get one two customers a night...Unless there is free food which attracts the cheap charlies like flies to ______........

30 minutes ago, fforest said:

Well older fat bald men are a treasured commodity in the bars now......

Any guy with a pulse is now a sexy man.....

Farangs under 50 are a drop in the already small expat bucket....

What about older slim guys with a mop of hair, where are we in your pecking order.......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Opening night at MiT looks like a financial disaster for the bars, with the exception of the popular Danny sports bar. Did MiT bars really expect to attract the few residents still in town? It's a zero-sum game, a limited amount of customers and an ever expanding number of competing bars so it's clearly survival of the fittest, and the fittest aren't the ones in the photos above. Treetown dead, New Plaza dead, Made in Thailand dead, the Thirteens dead, Soi 7 dead, Soi 8 dead, Walking Street asleep or gasping for breath, Soi 6 floundering. How long will these bars keep the lights on when nobody is dropping in? Got to be wholesale closures soon.

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 3

11 hours ago, Mr Mosquito said:

^^^  Looks like Pattaya has lost it's Mojo..........same as Bangkok.  :default_dizzy:

Add Hua Hin to the list.  I arrived here yesterday and had a walk down Bintabaht Street last night.  Most of the bars open but totally devoid of customers.

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

Pattaya is a Town that's lifeblood is tourists.

It was always self evident that until the tourists return in numbers the entertainment venues were going to be a complete non-event after reopening for the very obvious reason that there are simply not enough expats to make any appreciable difference.

Nobody makes any money whilst the bars/gogo's are shut so it was just a case of hanging on so who would blame the owners in reopening when they had the opportunity. The problem is most will be losing more money now than they were when closed.

I cannot see tourists, our kind of tourists, being back this year so the venues with the most significant overheads are not going to remain open for very long. In a way, that is what is needed for those that remain to stay in business.

My family members have finally given up on coming to see me in September and changed their flights for the third time coming now at Easter next year. I hope Thailand will have reopened by then.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

hope this past friday was a one off as the city was dead.  walked bukao from one end to the other incl LK.. rats arse comes to mind.  plenty of ladies of the night,  al seemed to know me  🙂  musta been the after shave

No Tommy, your reputation as the " SAS man" precedes you. Your in and out so fast none of them notice you were there. 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

No Tommy, your reputation as the " SAS man" precedes you. Your in and out so fast none of them notice you were there. 🤣

somoen wise once said that if you are paying for it, its all about you anyway  🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

word is that even WS landlords are doin deals now with tenants, even before they ask.  this as many have now got empty buildings with no income, and not much of a future either.    its a totally stagnant market.

I dont think the toruism will be seen in any way, non thai,   in 2020.  thats a terrible thought for many as no high season and an extended super slow low season until next year.

a lot of the girls will fuck off for sure as they are on zero wages and only on commission plus "service fees'.  thai friendly is loaded with willing women, sadly they dont have selling skills.  first message from an unknown.. "you want me, 1000.. anything "

those with expat custom are OK, but the toruist segments are done and dusted for girlie business

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

word is that even WS landlords are doin deals now with tenants, even before they ask.  this as many have now got empty buildings with no income, and not much of a future either.    its a totally stagnant market.

I dont think the toruism will be seen in any way, non thai,   in 2020.  thats a terrible thought for many as no high season and an extended super slow low season until next year.

a lot of the girls will f**k off for sure as they are on zero wages and only on commission plus "service fees'.  thai friendly is loaded with willing women, sadly they dont have selling skills.  first message from an unknown.. "you want me, 1000.. anything "

those with expat custom are OK, but the toruist segments are done and dusted for girlie business

Could be a return to the good old days of 'take care'. With girls desperate to hang on to customers. 

Not the mercenaries they have become. 

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

one of the ladies i know from spider bar has told that that has now closed on soi 6 and she is now working in hero bar.it was half way down on left deom 2nd road on corner wheres the a small road to cut round back of the bars.so wonder how many more on soi 6 will close

53 minutes ago, Washedup said:

I dread to think what will happen if no tourists are allowed back until 2021 Better Hold Fast 

Whats kind of funny is tho Pattayas expats are surrounded by many nice looking and very hungry girls most expats are well past their prime boom boom years... There is this huge girl buffett but most expats are not pigging out on the buffett from what I can tell.... 

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, fforest said:

Whats kind of funny is tho Pattayas expats are surrounded by many nice looking and very hungry girls most expats are well past their prime boom boom years so there is this huge girl buffett but most expats are not pigging out on the buffett from what I can tell.... 

Even if you can't get a hard on you can still do your load if she sucks you off. 

19 minutes ago, fforest said:

Whats kind of funny is tho Pattayas expats are surrounded by many nice looking and very hungry girls most expats are well past their prime boom boom years... There is this huge girl buffett but most expats are not pigging out on the buffett from what I can tell.... 

It's been 4 months mate, those old expats were not interested back then so if they are not interested now they may have other reasons for being in town.

They are probably more upset their favourite watering hole is closed.

All those that were willing to part with their money back 4 months ago probably still are and at reduced prices, there is just likely a lack of visible foot traffic on the streets. 

An older expat venturing out from the safety of his usual 'go to' haunt must be quite an event for those interested in taking time out to notice these things lol

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, fforest said:

Maybe the pattaya mayor could run a free HRT program to expats who need it ?

I think those made in Thailand bars are lucky to get one two customers a night...Unless there is free food which attracts the cheap charlies like flies to ______........

I know a bar in Tree town doing 20K every night. Not just cheap Charlie’s here.
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 2

Opening night at MiT looks like a financial disaster for the bars, with the exception of the popular Danny sports bar. Did MiT bars really expect to attract the few residents still in town? It's a zero-sum game, a limited amount of customers and an ever expanding number of competing bars so it's clearly survival of the fittest, and the fittest aren't the ones in the photos above. Treetown dead, New Plaza dead, Made in Thailand dead, the Thirteens dead, Soi 7 dead, Soi 8 dead, Walking Street asleep or gasping for breath, Soi 6 floundering. How long will these bars keep the lights on when nobody is dropping in? Got to be wholesale closures soon.

I was hardly gasping for breath on Friday and last night when I had the two busiest nights since I opened.
Many bars I know are doing well. Every bar owner I have talked to is making a profit.
  • Like 6

hope this past friday was a one off as the city was dead.  walked bukao from one end to the other incl LK.. rats arse comes to mind.  plenty of ladies of the night,  al seemed to know me  [emoji846]  musta been the after shave

Friday was busy in mine.
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

57 minutes ago, misteregg said:

Friday was busy in mine.

You have the strength of this forum, a loyal expat following and me doing my 300 baht a night from friday if not before. ☺

Other bars are not so lucky

• Like 3