Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

20 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Devils Den won't be reopening in LK Metro ,  apparently they will look to open elsewhere once the tourists return ...

I hope so. Would be a bummer if they closed for good. A different location wouldn't bother me personally because I do strictly outcall.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

I hope so. Would be a bummer if they closed for good. A different location wouldn't bother me personally because I do strictly outcall.

LK metro was handy for me ,  but the boss said due to the popularity of the area , they were planning on moving anyway ... their plans have just been pushed forward due to the current situation - think they are still doing outcall at the moment, but with a reduced roster 

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Thanks for your honest photos. It's funny how  different people can see things so different. But the photos tell a true story. Yes some bars on the 6 a go go or 2 and some LK metro clubs and bars are doing ok. But the town in general is not good at all. Businesses keep closing daily. Brian from the NW group admitted that he cant open any more bars as the girls start and quickly leave due to no traffic. How busy would each bar on the 6 be if every bar was open ? Restaurants have to drop prices to compete and then work on next to nothing margins struggling to survive. I absolutely hate to see the guys with an investment suffer as they are And happy for the guys that are doing ok but despite what you may have heard this town is on it's ass for MOST businesses that my friends is a fact. 

sadly not only are you spot on Larry, but it wont change this year.  chances are no tourists in 2020, as in zip.  and who knows when they will come back.  the single men tourists wont be here for any high season either, so this is about as good as it will get.  landlords are going to tenants BEFORE the tenants go to them, offering rent sweeteners to keep their buildings occupied.  reality is striking the finally too.

its not good

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

Pretty safe to say that any bar that didn't have a very big expat following before this dilemma is going to be in big big trouble. A few bars that will avoid the trouble because they had just that were of course Le pub, Danny's Sports Bar, Chik n Coop, Cherry bar, Pandoras gogo  to name a few Anyone see the common denominator?

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Pretty safe to say that any bar that didn't have a very big expat following before this dilemma is going to be in big big trouble. A few bars that will avoid the trouble because they had just that were of course Le pub, Danny's Sports Bar, Chik n Coop, Cherry bar, Pandoras gogo  to name a few Anyone see the common denominator?

You may want to add Runway on Soi Honey onto that list as he's got the Addicts fanboys sending money for bell rings FFS and in return they get a video from the girls thanking them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrcharliemofo said:

You may want to add Runway on Soi Honey onto that list as he's got the Addicts fanboys sending money for bell rings FFS and in return they get a video from the girls thanking them.

agree with Runway there are more no doubt but these were the first ones i remembered

• Like 1

Thank you Blue Streak for all the work in taking these pics and posting them here. Just a bittersweet reminder why I have been so fond of that town since 1994 when I made my first visit. While the bright lights of Walking Street was, and still is, the epicenter of the nightlife of Pattaya, it is in your very nice photos where the delightful charms of the beer bar welcomed me all those years ago and has kept a firm hold on me ever since.

While the agogos have their place and some guys prefer them, give me the atmosphere of a beer bar complex with it's kaleidoscope of neon colors, the girls motioning you to come in and have a "dink", the music playing at an acceptable level for conversation, and being served a reasonably priced beverage while having a look at the scenery in front of you or taking a girl up on a game of pool. Of checking out the staff and eyeballing that someone who strikes your fancy and letting things take a natural pace. Or not.

The great thing about a beer bar is that it can offer you the chance to be the life of the party, have a nice time one on one with a girl, have a few laughs with your mates, or simply relax with just your own thoughts to keep you company. Rich, poor or middle class, no matter your ethnicity,  your political affiliation, your country or your God, a beer bar welcomes everyone and were all the same.....a customer.

Your photo essay showed some very well appointed bars, the owners have obviously put a lot of money into their investment and it's a shame that the customers just aren't there in sufficient numbers to bring a profit for each of them. A far cry from the cluster of square or rectangular shaped bars with only basic customer amenities that were all over the city 25 years back.

As a guy who has not been out to a bar in my own city since Super Bowl weekend now over 6 months ago, I admit to missing it a lot. And it is so depressing to read of the Thai government's decisions regarding who is allowed in and when, the "identity" tourism, if you will, they look to be promoting, with those who hold a certain status or position take precedence over the regular tourist just wanting to enjoy a week or two in an inexpensive beach town and won't be shy about doing their fair share in stimulating the local economy.

Were here, were anxious, and were waiting. If the Thai government gives the word on reopening without restrictions, we will be there and those bar stools will have fannies in the seats.

And everyone will be happy.

Especially me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of no expat following...The Indian restaurants have had very close to zero expat following since forever.....And I still see numerous Indian restaurants still hanging on...
Pattaya could have a tsunami, a meteor strike, and the Bubonic plague all at once and the Indian restaurants would still be there....lol   

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yup. It's sad to see some farang owned bars almost begging the expats, who they have alienated in the past, to come in and buy their girls some drinks. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, tommy dee said:

sadly not only are you spot on Larry, but it wont change this year.  chances are no tourists in 2020, as in zip.  and who knows when they will come back.  the single men tourists wont be here for any high season either, so this is about as good as it will get.  landlords are going to tenants BEFORE the tenants go to them, offering rent sweeteners to keep their buildings occupied.  reality is striking the finally too.

its not good

The cynical part of me would ask who is waiting to buy some of these properties if or when the landlords default or have to sell up cheap?.

My money would be on some of the more influential members of society giving instruction to lawyers to keep a close eye on things.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Runway a great little bar,run by a couple of blokes really trying their arsses off.

i would zero problems sending them a bell ring,from here.

That bar needs help,I would help.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skalliwag said:

Runway a great little bar,run by a couple of blokes really trying their arsses off.

i would zero problems sending them a bell ring,from here.

That bar needs help,I would help.

I've known Alex a few years and yes he's a decent well meaning bloke, Trevor I've met a couple of times and I'm still undecided about him. 

It's just the Addicts fanboys sending bell rings that gets me as they're just attention seeking little pricks over there on that forum as you well know. If you want to send a bell ring then go on their Facebook page and message Alex.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

048.JPG

049.JPG

050.JPG

Down Soi MIT to the Soi Buakhao end......

051.JPG

054.JPG

056.JPG

On to Soi Buakhao.......

058.JPG

Did you get in for the second half of the Fulham - Brentford game ???

Great pics btw big fella ......... looks awful ............. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I've known Alex a few years and yes he's a decent well meaning bloke, Trevor I've met a couple of times and I'm still undecided about him. 

It's just the Addicts fanboys sending bell rings that gets me as they're just attention seeking little pricks over there on that forum as you well know. If you want to send a bell ring then go on their Facebook page and message Alex.

MaYbe I should re join to see what’s going on.🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Did you get in for the second half of the Fulham - Brentford game ???

Great pics btw big fella ......... looks awful ............. 

Walked through MIT at1.00 hrs, everything locked down and lights out, so a no to the second half...lol...

• Like 1

Just arrived back in Bangsaray after my 7 hour drive down from "Up Country". 

Apart from seeing the sun for the first time for days my overriding impression on driving through the town was how many additional shops, bars and restaurants appear to have closed down since I was last here some three weeks ago.

Will be out and about in Pattaya from tomorrow doing a fact finding exercise. Need to recover from the drive tonight although it is only 3:00pm so maybe after a shower ???????????

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Just arrived back in Bangsaray after my 7 hour drive down from "Up Country". 

Apart from seeing the sun for the first time for days my overriding impression on driving through the town was how many additional shops, bars and restaurants appear to have closed down since I was last here some three weeks ago.

Will be out and about in Pattaya from tomorrow doing a fact finding exercise. Need to recover from the drive tonight although it is only 3:00pm so maybe after a shower ???????????

Look forward to your views.

• Thumbs Up 1

If there's no high season on its way how many can honestly survive,  could be very grim times ahead. Sad to be honest I,ve had great times in Patts but with this Covid-19

& the exchange rate being poor there won't be any visits from me for a good while. 😟 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, fforest said:

Speaking of no expat following...The Indian restaurants have had very close to zero expat following since forever.....And I still see numerous Indian restaurants still hanging on...
Pattaya could have a tsunami, a meteor strike, and the Bubonic plague all at once and the Indian restaurants would still be there....lol   

60^ of them are closed

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1