Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

I really hope the Marquee can survive, it's a great little bar with good prices, service and half decent food. Reports coming in from around town are not encouraging though, we're still a fair way from any light at the end of this tunnel. Xmas will be a non event, peak season will come and go like a fart in the wind, and the Junta will continue to fiddle while everything burns.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Butch said:

I really hope the Marquee can survive, it's a great little bar with good prices, service and half decent food. Reports coming in from around town are not encouraging though, we're still a fair way from any light at the end of this tunnel. Xmas will be a non event, peak season will come and go like a fart in the wind, and the Junta will continue to fiddle while everything burns.

Every month I park opposite the Marquee whilst Sai keeps her appointment in the dentist. I am sure the same 2 or 3 guys are always the only customers but it is invariably 3:00pm which is hardly peak supping time.

My mind invariably drifts to the days long ago when I was still at School and blowing my two paper rounds earnings when being taken to the Marquee in London's Wardour Street. If my memory serves me right, the Yardbirds, with Clapton, frequently played on a Thursday and the Who on a Friday. I have diminished hearing and I seriously blame Keith Moon's drumming in that very small venue. :default_biggrin:

Where did all those years go?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Every month I park opposite the Marquee whilst Sai keeps her appointment in the dentist. I am sure the same 2 or 3 guys are always the only customers but it is invariably 3:00pm which is hardly peak supping time.

My mind invariably drifts to the days long ago when I was still at School and blowing my two paper rounds earnings when being taken to the Marquee in London's Wardour Street. If my memory serves me right, the Yardbirds, with Clapton, frequently played on a Thursday and the Who on a Friday. I have diminished hearing and I seriously blame Keith Moon's drumming in that very small venue. :default_biggrin:

Where did all those years go?

Keith hasn't been doing all that well either for the last 40 years or so! 😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

Out and about in Town last night starting off at Le Pub and joined by Terry Lee.

It was good to have a good chat with Phil and good to see that he had a steady flow of customers. Phil mentioned that he made a reasonable profit last month and Terry and I both agreed that there were very few entertainment venues in Pattaya who could say the same.

Le Pub's prices were the lowest of any venue we visited and he has some nice looking girls.

IMG20200807211813.jpg

I am not going to post photo's of bars around town open but empty of customers. That is the new "normal" and it is not going to change this year as this is a "dead cat bounce" by all the gogo's who have reopened only to lose money every day. The only change will be the lights going out as most of them close again.

I keep saying it but expats will not regularly pay 160 baht for a beer or 190 baht for a LD in a gogo and it is ONLY expats who are spending money in Pattaya's nightlife venues.

We went into Windmill after leaving Phil's as it sounded busy inside. It was with apparently some 40 or so girls who descended on us on mass as soon as we entered. There were customers but no more than 10 or so spread out. We had a couple of beers each and bought one girl each one LD all at outrageous prices. It did not matter to me as this was a one/off night out and I was enjoying myself. We visited other venues (not GoGo's) later in the evening where there were just as good looking girls, with little or nothing on, and prices at least a third less than GoGo's.

The "catch 22" for GoGo's is that they all need the girls to attract customers but their costs have to be met by the income they generate from LD's and b/fines. That is simply not going to happen with so few customers.

So we moved on to the Soi Bukaou area initially to a couple of the "Gentleman's" clubs in the vicinity. Much cheaper prices than the GoGo's and VERY interactive young ladies. A bit like Soi 6 but somewhat nicer premises.

Then it was to a couple of GoGo's in L K Metro and it gets a bit hazy after that. 🤣

Currently in recovery mode before we hit Soi 6 this late afternoon.

I will need to crash out on Sunday.

Good stuff. Beats cooking and gardening, DIY in the UK.☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I really think the expats should be stepping up to take up the slack .....drinking more , ringing bells and bar fining left,  right and centre ...  if any bars close they only have themselves to blame ... 🙂 

The return of the Coffee and Cap Club should sort that out.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

comfort by harlan is closed down for good.  the man is a mental headcase and has lost the plot but his buiness was said to be OK before covid.  gone now, as per their fb

Nick from NDTV gave him lots of publicity in exchange for freebies ... but yes came across as a nutter , no way would I want to eat in a restaurant with potential drama ...