Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

15 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

I totally agree. These are all haunts that most of us have visited time an time an time again over the years and these sois I almost know by heart. I enjoy seeing and hearing whats going on by first hand accounts of people on the ground. Here I am stuck half way around the world and I personally can not get enough of photos of Pattaya that are posted on this forum. I already have a lifetime or 2 of Great memories of Pattaya and have met some of best mates one could ever hope to come across... I am not a doom an gloom kind of guy and never have been but there are changes going down in a town that I dearly love and I would really like to know the truth as experienced by people there that I know and trust. As long as the friends I have made over the years continue to return to Pattaya in the years to come ----- I will be more than happy join them.

The world is a permanent change ...

I have known Texas street in Pusan, South Korea mid 80's , great place,, fantastic souvenirs. Place now still full of bars, but mostly Eastern girls or Philipinas and extremely expensive

I have known Patpong early 90's in full glory, while Soi Cowboy was just a nearly sinister dark, cheap area. Patpong has fallen, Cowboy has raised

I have know HCMC in 2008, the red light district was great fun, mainly expats. Now it's a touristic Disneyland.

I have known Wanchai in HKG 2009, and have over the next 8 years seen more than half the bars / clubs close...

All good memories, good mates everywhere, a few names of girls still in my memory, but life moves on, so did I. 

No need to cry on the past.

Plenty fun places with sun and beach in the world.

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

as someone broke it down for me:

150 room and electric

100 bike to and from work, taxi

120 hair and nails to keep the job

120 for food

it all adds up

I really dont think a Thai girl will be paying 4500 a month for a room and the rest of these cost can easily be lowered a lot......Plenty of days I don't spend 600...Especially when I am not eating western food.... 

Ok for a regular tourist 600 a day would be pretty much like having to live in Prison.....

But for a long term expat who only occasionally goes to bars and does not give a second thought to walking away from stunner expecting $$$ for her gold plated snatch....600  baht a day after paying for the room, could be done , at least for a while....

I think New Plaza is proof that plenty of expats live on very modest budgets.....

So I think 600 a day for a Thai girl is doable.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, fforest said:

I really dont think a Thai girl will be paying 4500 a month for a room and the rest of these cost can easily be lowered a lot......Plenty of days I don't spend 600...Especially when I am not eating western food.... 

Ok for a regular tourist 600 a day would be pretty much like having to live in Prison.....

But for a long term expat who only occasionally goes to bars and does not give a second thought to walking away from stunner expecting $$$ for her gold plated snatch....600  baht a day after paying for the room, could be done , at least for a while....

I think New Plaza is proof that plenty of expats live on very modest budgets.....

So I think 600 a day for a Thai girl is doable.....

I haven't seen anyone post 600 a day isn't doable. But your original post pointing out it was double the minimum might imply they could survive on 300 a day. That's doubtful due to the high cost of living in Pattaya compared to non-tourist areas of Thailand.

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

150 room and electric

120 for food

it all adds up

Well, if she goes back to a "normal" job she'll save on the hair and nails, and on the bike....

They enjoyed the hights, playing princess, well now at the moment she has to eat brown bread. It's life.

39 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Well, if she goes back to a "normal" job she'll save on the hair and nails, and on the bike....

They enjoyed the hights, playing princess, well now at the moment she has to eat brown bread. It's life.

not sure what its like in indo but here there are no jobs.. bar or otherwise.  factories are on short time too.  pretty soon the repo rates will be announced and be horrendous, houses, cars the lot

everyne is cutting back and also watching and worried in case there is a re emergence.  regardless of whether serious or not, it would see another and more serious clamp down nationwide

even our contracts, few as they are, as issued with an greement that were there to be an outbreak again and a business forced to close we will freeze the contract, as we did last time too.  that in turn screws me regally .

most rooms for thais here, except roach holes cost around 3K-3.5k a month plus electric and water.  friend of mine has moved into a 2.5K roach infested hole, according to her.  another who came here from a real job elsewhere with 20K saved, to get her going here, is now down to 3K and no chance of recouping the dosh.  mama noodles sell well right now

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

not sure what its like in indo but here there are no jobs.. bar or otherwise.  factories are on short time too.  pretty soon the repo rates will be announced and be horrendous, houses, cars the lot

everyne is cutting back and also watching and worried in case there is a re emergence.  regardless of whether serious or not, it would see another and more serious clamp down nationwide

even our contracts, few as they are, as issued with an greement that were there to be an outbreak again and a business forced to close we will freeze the contract, as we did last time too.  that in turn screws me regally .

most rooms for thais here, except roach holes cost around 3K-3.5k a month plus electric and water.  friend of mine has moved into a 2.5K roach infested hole, according to her.  another who came here from a real job elsewhere with 20K saved, to get her going here, is now down to 3K and no chance of recouping the dosh.  mama noodles sell well right now

Same here Tommy, most of staff working in the tourist industry back to farming.  There is no industry worth speaking of in Bali.

At least one of the positive things that seems to come out of this crisis is that the Bali authorities realize they can't be relying only on international tourism.

Tourism represent 52% of Bali's GDP (Bali, not the whole of Indo !) They had a warning with the Bali bombing, than 3 y ago with the volcano eruption, but nothing on this scale. 

Now they start thinking about BIO farming, domestic tourism etc .... Actually they do have some serious farming going on, but most of the products were sold to the hotels and restaurants, so with those having closed even the local farmers have problems selling their production.

Minimum salary is very low, and not often respected. The staff in the resort where I stay are paid 1 M IDR/month . That is about 2,150 b.

One of the Missus young nieces started a job as waitress in Cangu (Mecca for the expat  IT crowd) she is paid even less than that. 

Edited by Thai Spice

7 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Lewinskis was the first place I ever stayed upon arriving in Pattaya. It was a great place with lots loyal customers. They helped us learn the ins an outs of the bar scene and how how to save money on daily life in sin city. what great times we had there.

When was that mate?

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Quiz league reports, via well dressed spy, that Robin's Nest is closed....

If that's on a permanent basis, I'm sad about that. Spent many an early evening in there for dinner, couple of liveners before walking round the corner to LK for some fun.

Can't say I was particularly enamoured with the owners, but some of the female staff were really nice young ladies and always remembered my drinks of choice.

• Like 2

150 room and electric
120 for food
it all adds up

I’m currently living on 200 a day. Food and baht bus. Live rent free and bald. Some small mercies.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Painter said:

I think I read somewhere that it's only "until the airports open" for what that's worth these days.

21 hours ago, Painter said:

It's also advertised for sale as well. Used to be my regular haunt for food, but over the past couple of years, the quality has fallen off a cliff, so bad my last meal there was inedible. 

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

The days of bargirls living 3 and 4 to a room, sharing a mattress on the floor, and slurping fish soup for dinner are over. Well they were over until this happened. 

A lot of these girls have been doing very well for years, many of them earn more than the punters in a month. I'm not talking about a 40 something lass in a beer bar on soi 2, but take a look at a 20 something bar girl working in a soi LK gogo bar. 

She probably has fake tits, tattoos, motorbikes, goes out clubbing after work on her own dime, probably built a house at home and bought dad a pick up truck.

The base, unixx, the trust, centric, all these big condo developments full of brasses, 10k baht per month for rent, that's minimum. 

Now in my opinion, what they were earning was wayyy out of kilter with the wages in Thailand, and some of them will be hurting alright. 

But don't believe the sob stories, there will be a couple of spastics in the background sending 20k a month each, the girls aren't going to starve, save your empathy and charity for those that really need it. 

Reality.

And I really have no heart for the "sob stories" 

As long as "good guys" will send money to girls or bars, they will survive ...

I mean, it's not like the Somalia famine ! FFS .....

22 hours ago, boydeste said:

I heard that this morning too, unfortunately many are going to follow.

While I would stop into Robins from time to time if I had a room in that vicinity of town, I actually preferred Harry Bar, almost right next door. Nice bar and attractive staff, food was reasonable, and since it was 24 hours, you could pop in at 2 or 3 am and might even find a couple FL'ers to discuss some late negotiations.

Thought about staying there as they have a lift as well, but was always a bit reluctant with the late night agogo racket echoing through the neighborhood and winding up getting a room facing toward LK. My preferred spot in that area is Sutus Court. Just far enough away from the bar noise to ensure a solid nights sleep...... with or without teelak.

Why is it that loud stereo base seems to carry so much further at night than day time?

• Like 2