Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

I shan't be mourning the loss of that one.

Area 51 was crawling with drink sluts the 2-3 times I went in there.....

Same every time......Walk in and before your ass even hits the seat you have one or two girls who have invited themself to your table and are  almost-begging/expecting lady drinks.........

Come on is a hello or a name to much to ask??

I just got up and walked out......Never spent 1 baht in there....

The only other bar this has happened to me at was Lisa-on-the-beach....I was one and done there......I had already learned my lesson from Area 51......lol

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, fforest said:

Area 51 was crawling with drink sluts the 2-3 times I went in there.....

Same every time......Walk in and before your ass even hits the seat you have one or two girls who have invited themself to your table and are  almost-begging/expecting lady drinks.........

Come on is a hello or a name to much to ask??

I just got up and walked out......Never spent 1 baht in there....

The only other bar this has happened to me at was Lisa-on-the-beach....I was one and done there......I had already learned my lesson from Area 51......lol

A while back, a group of about 10 of us (bar crawl) went in there. There were only 2 or 3 other customers. We had just got drinks in when they turned the music volume right up. We couldn't hear each other speak. We asked them to turn it down a bit. Request refused.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Has anyone been to the Prime Burger on Soi Bukhao ?   Are the burgers any good ?

Going to Patts next Tuesday .... Beach Gal has a good friend that lives somewhere around Patts / Jomtien and she wants to see her ... ok .. we go ... !

Prime burgers are absolutely excellent. 

Can't recommend them enough. When in town I eat there 3 or 4 nights a week. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, misteregg said:

Area 51 closing at end of the month.

8 hours ago, misteregg said:

7f20beffd5a64b9385db739b43aec153.png
Scooters soi 6

I can see more places opting to close temporarily, particularly if we don't see a relaxation of rules on entry to the country, lets hope it is very temporary.

• Like 2

The beer Bar area in front of the Biergarden on beach road had decided to hold off on there refit it seems no work going on since they cleared it

It will definitely open as a beer bar complex. You and see the pipe work going down to the new septic tanks. It’s just a question of when. It’s actually a really good pitch, looking over the beach.
  • Like 1

Glass going back into the front of the closed ''Pagoda bar'' on Soi Buakhao this morning....The small chemist next door has been cleared out.........

This place has Indian restaurant written all over it......lol

Speaking of Indian restaurants.......Today I had to do my 90 day.........So I tried to do a Indian restaurant count of how many had closed  from the overpass roadway till about Central Mall.....A very rough guess I would say 30-35% of the Indian restaurants look 100% out of business.....And most of the rest looked to be in that half-way state where they are not open for business but not out of business...

You gotta hand it to the Indian restaurants most are absolutely determined to stay in business even if there is absolutely no business at all..........But without Indian tourist its game/set/match for about 95% of the Indian restaurants.....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, fforest said:

Glass going back into the front of the closed ''Pagoda bar'' on Soi Buakhao this morning....The small chemist next door has been cleared out.........

Speaking of Indian restaurants.......Today I had to do my 90 day.........So I tried to do a Indian restaurant count of how many had closed  from the overpass roadway till about Central Mall.....A very rough guess I would say 30-35% of the Indian restaurants look 100% out of business.....And most of the rest looked to be in that half-way state where they are not open for business but not out of business...

You gotta hand it to the Indian restaurants most are absolutely determined to stay in business even if there is absolutely no business at all..........But without Indian tourist its game/set/match for about 95% of the Indian restaurants.....

Can't see Thailand opening up to travellers from India any time soon. India is getting around 1,000 deaths per day but more worryingly 60,000-70,000 new infections every day.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fforest said:

I'm sure there is more to these Indian Restaurant than just food....if you get my drift.........even when

we had the Mumbai charabangs here they were rarely well attended.......just saying......

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Before this place turned into a bar it used to be an office for that ''Emerging Trends'' mob so perhaps

it has to be returned to that previous state......

4 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Jenny star bar I recall years ago there was a thread about it in addicts I think it was sort if trendy to be seen in there

That's it , seems like a strange name to use for a new enterprise that isn't associated with the other bar 

5 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Jenny star bar I recall years ago there was a thread about it in addicts I think it was sort if trendy to be seen in there

Indeed and it had a pattayalive cam on it as well. Just next to the escalator of Marine and Peppermint. If you looked closely BM Nightcrawler was a regular patron.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 2